What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MARS TS AND MARS REFLECTOR LED GROW LIGHT

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
From 2019, Mars Hydro releases the Mars TS series, which is quantum board design, white sunlike spectrum, and it becomes very hot. But many of the other growers are still prefer our Mars Reflector series which is a traditional purple full-spectrum and with special reflector cup design.
Which one is better? What are their differences? Today we are going to show you the details from several points.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
First - Light Design

- Mars TS: using no fan design, releasing heat by its own aluminum body, very quiet to use.

- Mars Reflector: Fan design, green light case, with some noise, but will be very cool to use.

Attachments

• 70352765_2498096723583292_1888262619131805696_n.jpg
    70352765_2498096723583292_1888262619131805696_n.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 44

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Reflector Design

Reflector Design

Second - Reflector Design

- Mars TS: only uses a reflector cycle design, to ensure the coverage and the light output.

- Mars Reflector: uses reflector cup on each led chip, ensures 100% light output and coverage, plus helps mix the spectrum very well.

Attachments

• TIM图片20190903112046.jpg
    TIM图片20190903112046.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 44

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
spectrum

spectrum

- Mars TS: sunlike spectrum, with more green and yellow to look more natural, easier to check plants.

- Mars Reflector: purple full spectrum, with very little unuseful green and yellow. But need to use led grow light glasses to get clear looks of the plants

Attachments

• TIM图片20190903112054.jpg
    TIM图片20190903112054.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 48

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Growing Stage Controlling Design

Growing Stage Controlling Design

- Mars TS: the light itself is full spectrum for all growing stage, you can adjust the hanging height accordingly to suit different growing stages. Or you can use a screwdriver to adjust the wattage and dim the light to suit the different growing stages.

- Mars Reflector: there are veg and bloom switches on the light, during veg you can turn veg or both switches on, during flowering, turn both switches on.

Attachments

• TIM图片20190903112046.jpg
    TIM图片20190903112046.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 47

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Daisy Chain Function

Daisy Chain Function

- Mars TS: daisy chain function not available.

- Mars Reflector: daisy chain function available, but over 1000w wattage together is not recommended.

Attachments

• TIM图片20190903112101.jpg
    TIM图片20190903112101.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 52

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
So with the differences above, which led grow type you prefer? If you have more commend on the

difference between those two lights, please feel free to comment.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Does the TS getting hot, do any damage to the unit, or was it designed to cope with the heat it generates?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you for posting this. I had actually started a similar post to address the question wvkindbud asked me about the different spectrums between the SP and Pro II - but then closed the window on accident.

I wanted to try the Pro II specifically because the HGLED is based on a similar spectrum concept. It makes the comparison between the two lamps more relevant, at least in my opinion.

Arrival day is getting closer! :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Ive been using a Reflector 144 for 2 1/2 years in a 2x4 tent.
Cant say Ive been happy with it. I really gave it a fair try with several different grows ranging from seedlings to mature plants.
Growth was always slow and stunted.
Ive recently given up on it and am giving it to a buddy who cant afford to buy lights of his own.
I will say that it is well made, solid , runs cool and after a couple years of constant non-stop 12/12 and 24 hour use it kept on going . No burnt bulbs or fan problems.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Though not what some folks would do, I'm running one slightly dimmed and there's very little heat from it. It's a TSW-2000 in a 27"x27" Mars Hydro tent, so I'm figuring 250w is about right for the space.

I really like the HPS style flowers from the TS spectrum. I don't have any comparisons, but it shows a lot less leaf than most blurple spectrums so far. I'm looking forward to posting up the results of my last run, and getting a full veg/flower cycle under the light going asap. :)