What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GMT goes LED. TSL2000 Mars Hydro

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks HAF, that's something I can get so will give it a go soon. Sticky pics to follow lol.

Big terps, how were the buds though? Did they get weight to them as these look like popcorn top to bottom.
I didn't do a full plant shot, I was too ashamed lol. Here's a jar top view below. Got 2 and change from 25 litres of compost. The plant wasn't happy though and wasn't grown for led. So I can do better from that space used. Which was roughly 1/3 of my (2*4 bit more).
picture.php

HalfArsedFarmer

2 and change from a clone in 25! ouch...

Still if the bud is primo I can forgive it.

I'd rather have 2oz of say Nevile's haze than 5oz of Big bud.

Still you have the light and you can go again.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah, not primo though. Double whammy. I think best advice would be, if you veg for HPS, flower with HPS, and veg for led before swapping your flowering light over.

HalfArsedFarmer

Best o luck with the next run..

I'll be trying some autos for the first time since I grew 500 of lowryder2.
Got some fast buds from my buddy in my local shop for testing. Tangie...

Once my Blackberry moonrock are down..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Tangie and blackberry moonrock, wow they both sound really yummy.

OK quick pick drop for the thread.
I swear these looked nice at 16mp and 6mb but well, compression takes its toll:

The gelato is looking better this run
picture.php

Hamlet is happy
picture.php

Hong Kong phooey not so happy but purpling
picture.php

Ecsd x sssdh seems happy
picture.php

HalfArsedFarmer

The Gelato is looking really healthy & the Hamlet looks on point too.

The Moon rock is a tester too from a Spanish company Anesia seeds, supposed to be 32% but i'll take that with a pinch... It really does smell like Blackberry though.

They have taken well known lines and selected their own versions as well as making some of their own. Not cheap but not silly either, €100 for 10.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey 944, still working on ideal distance measurements and depth. Its looking like the scrog growers get the advantage with led though. And its deffo a batch production game, not a perp game.

Yeah Haf, I flowered this g45 with less growth, and repotted her a couple of weeks into flower. It seems to delay the onset of purpling, we'll see if it delays it long enough.

Pics:
HKP Purpling
picture.php

picture.php

The glue cross needs a repot, slight yellowing and the start of brown spotting. I kept her further from the light, hoping shed take longer to hit this point, no luck.
picture.php

I swear these photos are clear and sharp before I upload them. In Photoshop I could compress them nicely but my phone software is slaughtering them the they get hit here too. If anyone knows of a good android photo editor, drop the link in please!!!!

OK, winge over, ecsdxsssdh starting to fill a little
picture.php

picture.php

HalfArsedFarmer

That Gelato 45 looks like it can really yield!
The plant looks like the buds just run to arm length....
Do they fill out or stay golf ball?

is it your own work?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Rumour has it, that it can yield. This is only my second run of it though, so I can't tell you much. Its not very strong though. Nice for the day, but lacking at night. I imagine if it was fed well and vegged appropriately for the light its grown under, it would yield. Its not my work, just a clone that someone passed to me. The hamlet and hkp are mine. Letting the hkp go this run though.
The ecsdxsssdh are OJD seeds, and the glue and domina crosses are seeds from another member.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Id say the gelato45 is a good sog plant,,, loads of lollipops would be a dream under an led,, i bet its difficult to do multiple types under the 1 light,,

Fantastic work still gmt,, k+

HalfArsedFarmer

Strength doesn't matter to me, I smoke 7-12% girls all day long as I like to be high rather than stoned.

That being said I do have some night time go to girls...
I had a quick look on line & looks like a clone only..... Might have to talk to my Vegas connection, then again I'm sure I've smoked something like it before.

Keep up the good work....

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quick hkp bud, well I have to test one bud to see if its nearly ready, don't I?

picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hmmm, ecsdxsssdh one top has a lot of bad news over one night and day.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That whole bud area is now gone for that branch. Still its got more tops and that's the only one touched somehow

DunHav`nFun

Hey Bro.....worse thigs will happen.....Air exchange twice per minute will go a long way toward never letting air born nasties developing again IME , and I live in the Hell of the dirty south with 70-90% RH 24/7/365.....anyways.....Great job and killer lookin nugs GMT....

Peace....DHF....:ying: …...

HalfArsedFarmer

With my Pitch fork raised & my torch in the other hand, I shout KILL IT!

Get the blades out & cut, chuck, and clean.

I feel the pain buddy.

My in coming air has been over 70% for the last 4 months, dehumidifier all day long.

Ruby_Abu

Well after a hot summer of HPS misery, I was fortunate enough to be granted a free mars hydro TSL 2000 LED grow light.
I had the choice of the TSL or the SP250 (which the manufactures label as their best indoor grow light). I watched the YouTube videos, and saw the SP had the mean well driver that everyone says is a must, and I saw all the fins for cooling, and it looked like a beautiful light that only an idiot would choose against. Then I chose the TSL 2000.
There are reasons, if not excuses for this madness. You see, the SP only has one driver. This means the heat is concentrated, whereas the TSL has 2. Which I'm hoping means only 60% of the heat from each. Additionally, I didn't see any mention of the SP being dimmable. That's important, esp in the extreme heat. And one big factor, is the TSL is an extra 50w of power, (when turned all the way up to 11, (spinal tap ref, the dial is actually in percentage.))
So hopefully you will understand why I did not choose their "best indoor grow light" when offered.

So, choice explained, a quick thankyou you the 4 groups of people who made this possible for me. Mars Hydro, icmag, unclefishstick and the people who complained about unclefishstick winning everything; who guilted him into offering up his prize to another entrant. Oh don't feel bad for him though, mars offered him the big brother light, so his generosity is being rewarded.

If you look at the YouTube videos, they show lights coming with extra freebies: soil pH spikes and and hydrometer. They weren't in my box, so I don't know if they are standard kit or if that's been stopped now. I'm certainly not complaining, I just don't know what to tell you to expect in the box.

I wish the packaging was a little more discrete, it says what's inside the box on the outside of the box. I'm glad my neighbours didn't receive the package. But at least it doesn't say hydroponics or grow light just light and model number. But Mars, couldn't you just lie and say aquarium hood or something, and if anyone complains, give it the old "sorry mistake in translation".

Not sure the currier you're using takes great care with their parcels, there were a number of significant dents in the reflector. But I bent them back out, which was easy to do, and its looking perfect. I'm looking for a screwdriver to turn the lights to 50% for first firing up. I'm always nervous with new stuff, don't like to stress test till safe test has been passed.

Anyway, I want to go and play, so back soon.
:woohoo:
:thank you:

Will two drivers output more heat? The driver of SP250 seems Meanwell model. Mars said the SP can be dimmed. :tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Coastal UK areas are always going to be a problem, but coupled with poor health and 2 weeks of rain, and well yeah.

Anyhow, sweeping that under the "ignore that" bump in the carpet, the hkp gave the same weight as was predicted under HP's light. The ecsdxsssdh and the gelato 45 are about to get stripped back for weighing and first test
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts