What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SP3000+BlueBerry&SourBlueberry+Organic Soil+Blumats+SCROG

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good afternoon all,
Thought I'd do another grow report, hope I can contribute to the growing LED organic fellowship and maybe also look at some common problems when growing under these new powerful lights
Having owned various MH lights all the way back to the legendary Reflektor units as well as some newer ones, I wanted to give their SP line a go.
The light's bar-shaped and therefore perfect for my little personal space of 120cmX60cm or 4`X2. It's got 300w that should be plenty for the space.
I'll be growing some BlueBerry2 and SourBluerry5 which I selected from a slightly larger run from seed.
So, clones taken from my own mothers. The SB5 is delicious fruity and happy up smoke with lots of motivation and virtually no hangover.
The Blueberry is very tasty and smells great of berrries and some musk/ leather but is nighttime only smoke and very sedative (but in a nice way hehehe)
EDIT: Now that I have "seen the light"(haha) and know what this fixtures is capable of I wanted to share a link to the actual product.
I can whole heartedly recommend it! Even in the way too big 120x120cm tent it produced outstanding bud from just a few plants standing a bit lost in there hahaha.

https://www.mars-hydro.com/sp-3000-samsung-lm301b-greenhouse-led-grow-light

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2080308.jpg Views:	55 Size:	139.7 KB ID:	17979301 filedata/fetch?filedataid=2080307

DSC00001.JPG

image_2083752.jpg DSC00002.JPG

I'll be using 15L/ 4gal Gronest smartpots and my soil is Canna Coco plus amended with worm castings and perlite as well as Guanokalong Complete Organic mix @3kg/6lbs per 100L/25gal of soil.
Tent is a Secret Jardin dark street 120X60 and using an oscillating clip fan during lights on and a computer fan only during lights out to keep the air moving a bit.

Attachments

• photo2080307.jpg
    photo2080307.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 50
  • attach17979308.jpg
    attach17979308.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 62
  • photo2080308.jpg
    photo2080308.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Looks like fun. Do you find with the GuanoK/worm castings that you're able to grow with water only or do you have to add more inputs at some point?

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah bsgospel, you really start seeing how much is in the fertiliser when you use different pot sizes... the samll ones are quickly depleted, the 15L/4gal ones hold up until mid flower. I wanted to do water only until harvest, but with the amount of fertiliser (3kg per 100L soil) it's not possible. Maybe more plants and less veg could do it, or more fertiliser right from the start but with normal sized plants I find you have to supplement mainly P at some point. If you give them real veg time, more N is also needed. I tend to topdress some high P bat guano during flower and from time to time I mix Guanokalong Grow or Bloom to the water as well as bat boost and seaweed extract (most of it in flower) CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm tempted to use more of the complete organic mix, but even when used at 3kg/100L it gives slight nute burn in the first week or so. But it has enough N so I'd rather use @3kg/100L and then add P and K when necessary. Maybe I could add some more P and K (bone meal and kelp meal) to the complete organic mix to beef up those elements without raising the overall N. However I'm struggling to source those ingredients here so would be back to why I'm using the complete organic mix in the first place... I have Bat guano though, so would only need a good K source...
We'll figure out all these things along the way ;-)
Best
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks!!!
Clones are rooting, hopefully starting the real action shortly!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Dunno how I missed this new thread of yours.. but here I am! Where's my seat, bro?
Good luck with your grow!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have the spliffs rolled ,,,
munchies in the fridge,,,,
rooting for you and the clones Chevy,,,
onwards and upwards,,,

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Came on man, don't leave us hanging! Did you get too confy into the sofa and forgot about your thread?
I once forgot about a grow I had going and found them already dry and ready to smoke, with a "suncuring" of about 1 week under the leds. So I know everything is possible bro! Luckly they were not more than a week away from harvest by the time they dried up, so 1 week of electricity wasted is the most I could feel bad of.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man I hear you!
Sorry guys we had a loss in the family so the last week has pretty much family 24/7.
The cuttings have rooted in the meantime though and all else is well, so the "hot" phase grow is about to start!
Will post update pics over the weekend.
Back asap!
CC

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your loss, bro!
Don't worry about us, do your stuff. We'll still be here high as fk when you come back!
Peace, pot & love! :wave:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update y'all!
The little cuttings have rooted in the last week while I was away. and I transplanted them directly into their final pots (8L/2gal).
I know that's a bit controversial for some, but I'm simply lazy and by watering carefully I can avoid drowning them.
BTW my clones were simply left in a semi translucent white plastic container and sprayed and the all rooted. Simply and I'm the best grower when I leave my stuff alone and don't mess with it constantly ;-)
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00001.JPG Views:	0 Size:	141.0 KB ID:	17989392
They are 4 Blueberry ladies and 4 SourBlueberries.
I love these two plants and both were selected from a run from fem seeds a while ago.
The Blueberry is what you expect, great berry taste and first up and then real sedative. The SourBlueberry is like Blueberry with Chem cleaner and lemon and pure rocket fuel.
You will not be able to "chill" when smoking this one. Very sat like but done in under 70days.
Blueberries on the left, SourBlueberries on the right.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00002.JPG Views:	0 Size:	255.5 KB ID:	17989393
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00003.JPG Views:	0 Size:	256.8 KB ID:	17989394
The SP3000 fits perfectly into my space and I wonder why I did not try this earlier instead of using multiple smaller lights.
This is the upper part of my tent, clean and simple as the fan and scrubber are in the adjacent tent.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	224.2 KB ID:	17989395
The light is now on 50% but hung all the way up to make it bright in there but not overpower the rooted cuttings.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00005.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	17989396
Temps are around 23C and RH is betweeen 60%-70%, the soil is recycled and therefore only amended with a little bat guano for P.
Watered the youg ladies in with a little bit of BioBizz Root Juice.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	243.6 KB ID:	17989397

Left front you can see a baffle, that's the connection to the second tent. I only use one fan and filter as the tents are so small can easily be vented by just one fan.
The thing is great, connected tents but no light leak.
The light looks like a real prefessional unit now. I have a bunch of T1000s but while they're great value for money and absolutely producing killer bud, they look a bit more flimsy. Not this one, very excited to see what it can do!!!
Take care
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update!
The little plants are still a bit under shock from the neglect during rooting, but doing better now every day.
I'm still struggling with the family situation with little time for the hobby but wanted to give you quick update and also this has a meditative aspect for me :)
DSC00005.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

The light is high up over the plants and at 50% now until the plants have adjusted to the new environment
and I will increase power and lower them as soon as I feel they can take it.
As I said it's the perfect fit for the tent size and nice and even light distribution is no problem here at all.

Back soon with more, take care
CC

Attachments

• DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 53

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Appreciate all the visitors! Beginnings are always a bit slow but soon there will be more to update on and I'll also put in tropf blumats with a res for more even medium moisture conditions.
CC

Latest posts

Latest posts