What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New light owner :D

PassionForMJ

Well, I just bought a MARS HYDRO TS 600W, for my clones, but if it works well enough I'll use it to veg a lady or two at a time, and use smaller blubs for the clones.
I am looking at a TSW 2000 for my main flowering are, it will be 4 nice sized plants, I don't think I'll use a tent, as I really don't need to.

My grow wants are a tiny perpetual grow style, I pull one to harvest and put one in...
That is not easy since my State allows only 4 plants at a time, but I'll figure that one out, I don't think 1 Mother and 2-3 extra clones would warrant more than a fine.
So..
I'd love the TS 600 W for clones, even though it may be a tad overkill, a TS 1000 W for vegging them to at least 2.5' minimum, and a TSW 2000 for flowering my 4 ladies..

I have not plugged in the light I bought yet, but I like the look and feel of it, nicely made, light weight, but strong...
So any recommendations?
I cannot spent a fortune, but want the best of whatever I buy..
I am trying to limit myself to two MARS lights to start, then build back up my savings, because I am sure I'll dip into them again soon, lol
Ultimately I want, and will have/flower with a TSW 3000

Oh yeah, I am probably going to not use a tent, but mylar the walls, and I'll hang some fabric mylar that I have going down the front, but leave a good space for entering it, the room it will be in will be dark always, I think the hung mylar, and mylar of 3 corners will be enough to minimize light loss, without working too hard, ha ha

So, TSW 2000 W, or go a lil deeper, maybe get a lil discount and just get a TS 3000 W?
Decisions decisions.....

PassionForMJ

I do have a 3rd option, but it is an old 1000W MH Ballast, I have a conversion HPS for it, like 980W...
I could use it, in the winter it will keep the plants warm, in the summer at most I bring a lil AC in, and vent some of the light from the hood out, it is enclosed and vented at 6"
I just hate that I have to keep getting conversion bulbs, they get costly...

Plus I love using less energy anywhere I can, I redid my whole car to LED's, my home has LED's everywhere...
So why mess up the good thing I have going.... LED's are the future for those happy with a little less for a lot less...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
First, hi. I grow with the mars lights and should let you know that the lights have model numbers to them, not wattage strengths. I'm veging under an SP150 which is I think 135w. Sounds similar, and in fact the SP series tends to be fairly similar to the wattages. The TS series isn't though. I have two TS1000's at 150 watts each and a TSL2000 at 300 watts. I can't remember off the top of my head what wattage the TS600 is, but probably around 100 watts, not the 600 you think it is. Neither the TS600 nor the SP150 are dimmable, and are the cheapest entry level lights mars make. If you don't need to dim them, great. If you do, I'd go with other models that have that function. I really like the small SP for veg, but will flower with the TS series. The flexibility you get with two 150 watt lights is well worth the extra £20 you pay over the 300w TSL2000. But my flower area is longer rather than square, so the TS200 square model may be better for you. However in your situation I would go with two areas, one for flower (2 TS1000'S) With 2 plants, one under each light one month apart, and a separate area for cuttings and veg plants. Since you will only have one of each, as of course you will be complying with local laws ;) you may get away with a 40w flouro tube, unless you get naughty. The SP 150 is currently vegging 6 plants for me, with ease and at a speed that's too fast for my flower area to keep up with.

PassionForMJ

Ahh ok, yeah I seen that..
I still kind of want to just throw up the old ballast, for the winter here anyway, which fall starts in another month to month and a half, I'll probably just be getting be seeds sprouted, and vegged a bit, but I won't have a mother to hold back, I'll have to make a mother with one of each strain until I know I like what I have, I have several seeds to go through, and my bro may do some for his medical needs, so I get him to do new seeds of everything I also do, then look for a better phenotype....

I think I may do a separate room for the clone, seeds, and small veg plants...
Then for this winter I let that old once 475$ light purchase light her way through another grow, I think the bulb in her has one last go, maybe two, but I can order a conversion bulb, I think one is enough, I just want to get through recuperating from spending what I have for everything so far..
I deff want to go to flowering by all LED by the time next Spring hits here...

gizmo666

good luck with your grows
once you start using the mars lights i dont think you'll look back
i use the ts1000 for the full grow in my tent and the results are way better than my hps i was using and a lot cooler

PassionForMJ

I am flowering 4 plants, I want them close, but not too close, I want nice room for airflow..
If the 2000W can handle around a 4x4 it is perfect.
I considered the 3000W because I know since room is not an issue, I have like 10' x4' to work with if I was not staying legal, that would be a wild 4 plants if I could vegg them while LST;n and all, then veg the 4 ladies spread out to cover at least 8' of the 10', leaving room to breathe....

Really I'll have like a 5x5, but plants centered in the 5x5 will be at 4x4...
If that makes sense, just thinking since I need to put up the fabric mylar....

PassionForMJ

How far have LED's come compared to a HPS or MH?
Which would be closer to an equivalent of my 1000W HPS, the 2000 or 3000 LED?

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
How far have LED's come compared to a HPS or MH?
Which would be closer to an equivalent of my 1000W HPS, the 2000 or 3000 LED?

Honestly, both lights cannot replace 1000W HPS light. But TS3000 will be more closer.
I would like to recommend you FCE6500 to replace 1000W HPS light. This light can cover 5x5ft area and offer 650W true power. And it is latest bar design that can distribute more even par outlet.

Check it out here: https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc-e6500-led-grow-light

PassionForMJ

That is what I was thinking, I was thinking the 3000 is the equivalent of a 600W HPS, well 450-600...
That would almost do, but not quite, I want as much yield as I can get since I have a 4 plant limit..

Gry

Honestly, both lights cannot replace 1000W HPS light. But TS3000 will be more closer.
I would like to recommend you FCE6500 to replace 1000W HPS light. This light can cover 5x5ft area and offer 650W true power. And it is latest bar design that can distribute more even par outlet.

Check it out here: https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc-e6500-led-grow-light

Having seen what the BridgeLux chipset delvers, the thought of an FC-E6500 at that price feels like
an excellent value to me.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
That is what I was thinking, I was thinking the 3000 is the equivalent of a 600W HPS, well 450-600...
That would almost do, but not quite, I want as much yield as I can get since I have a 4 plant limit..

Yes, TS3000 equals to 600W HPS. FCE6500 is the closest to 1000W HPS light. We will have a plan to make 800W true power light next year. Then it will be the optimal light to replace 1000W hps. If your budget allows and you are in USA, i would recommend the FC6500 301H model. it use samsung 301H top notch chip. And the power is 680W. But it is more expensive than FCE6500 and it is only available in USA warehouse now.

check it here: https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-hydro-fc-6500-samsung-lm301h-led-grow-light

PassionForMJ

That my good man is a light, I have paid like 450-500 before, but if the investment is worth it I am not afraid to spend 840.00, what is that for me like 105.00 per bar on the light? :D
But what I wonder is this, I am good with soldiering boards, connections, wire splices, etc.. If LED diodes ever were to die or fail after warranty, could I replace the diodes myself?
So far I have been able to fix most anything, as long as I gave google. :D
I see it it possible, but I have seen no good vids, I guess my multimeter and a few tools would be all I'd ever need to fix as bad diode.

Are the 301H much better than the 301B diodes?
From what I read it said there was very little differences between the 2, I think I will wait, and save for whoever goes with LM301H SL, better efficiency, at least that along with the fact I'd save on like 240W per month this route...
Who knows how well the LM301H SL's will perform, I will be waiting and watching for a benchmark...

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
That my good man is a light, I have paid like 450-500 before, but if the investment is worth it I am not afraid to spend 840.00, what is that for me like 105.00 per bar on the light? :D
But what I wonder is this, I am good with soldiering boards, connections, wire splices, etc.. If LED diodes ever were to die or fail after warranty, could I replace the diodes myself?
So far I have been able to fix most anything, as long as I gave google. :D
I see it it possible, but I have seen no good vids, I guess my multimeter and a few tools would be all I'd ever need to fix as bad diode.

Are the 301H much better than the 301B diodes?
From what I read it said there was very little differences between the 2, I think I will wait, and save for whoever goes with LM301H SL, better efficiency, at least that along with the fact I'd save on like 240W per month this route...
Who knows how well the LM301H SL's will perform, I will be waiting and watching for a benchmark...

The LED tech improved a lot. The SMD tech makes the diodes will not burnt out.
Actually, there is no big difference between B and H. H is a little more efficient than B. The H version is very suitable for commercial growers who want to get best yield.

PassionForMJ

Only one pic at the moment, and getting ready for work.
But, I am really happy with the light I got for my seeds and clones, for around 70.00 it was well priced, and the ladies love it...
I did temp hang two small led bulbs because one plant did not get as much light..
Crap the light is not in the pic, dohh
Will get another pic ASAP.
20211026_185253.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Only one pic at the moment, and getting ready for work.
But, I am really happy with the light I got for my seeds and clones, for around 70.00 it was well priced, and the ladies love it...
I did temp hang two small led bulbs because one plant did not get as much light..
Crap the light is not in the pic, dohh
Will get another pic ASAP.

the bulbs will not be enough for them during flowering stage. Maybe add one more TS600 for them. :biggrin:

PassionForMJ

Deff adding one more TS600, but for the seeds/clones I'll have..
I am working on making my bubble cloner this weekend, or next..
If I have time I may make a DIY thread... Time is rare for me though, free time that is..
I'll be vegging them more under a 1k MH, then flowering under 1k HPS.

I have a want/need to try some day..

I want LED's above and to the sides of my plants, the light need to cover at least from top side to 3/4 the way down the plants, I want each side wall, and ceiling on a pulley system, or may an automated one, link that shit to a raspberry pi, and make it so I can lower or raise the lights above from anywhere, and be able to have the sides move closer in, or farther away...
Maybe also have cams on all angles, linked to an app with the light mover controls, and bam... Throw in remote temp monitors, and the ac used will work with wifi I know, so I can adjust that from an app..
All left is a way to monitor soil moisture levels, and auto water and feed when necessary....
Set a program, have it water at like 10% moisture content, right b4 wilt starts...
Oh man I am dreaming, it is feasible though, and I could see it working, hell I am sure they have it somewhere already, lol

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Deff adding one more TS600, but for the seeds/clones I'll have..
I am working on making my bubble cloner this weekend, or next..
If I have time I may make a DIY thread... Time is rare for me though, free time that is..
I'll be vegging them more under a 1k MH, then flowering under 1k HPS.

I have a want/need to try some day..

I want LED's above and to the sides of my plants, the light need to cover at least from top side to 3/4 the way down the plants, I want each side wall, and ceiling on a pulley system, or may an automated one, link that shit to a raspberry pi, and make it so I can lower or raise the lights above from anywhere, and be able to have the sides move closer in, or farther away...
Maybe also have cams on all angles, linked to an app with the light mover controls, and bam... Throw in remote temp monitors, and the ac used will work with wifi I know, so I can adjust that from an app..
All left is a way to monitor soil moisture levels, and auto water and feed when necessary....
Set a program, have it water at like 10% moisture content, right b4 wilt starts...
Oh man I am dreaming, it is feasible though, and I could see it working, hell I am sure they have it somewhere already, lol

Vegging them with the present light would be enough. 1K MH might kills them. :shucks: