Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Serious! Kali Bubba under Mars Hydro SP3000

Hello Mars Hydro Led ! Hello everyone!
    Since I won a SP3000 (300W) led at the 4.20 Giveaway, I am here to do my first grow with it!

My previous grows were:
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377193 (Critical Kush Auto from Urban Legends grown under TS1000 Mars Hydro led)
    https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...re-we-go-again (Swazi Rooibard landrace sativa grown under TSW2000 Mars Hydro led)

This time we're gonna grow KaliBubba (regular) from Serious Seeds.
    Description

Seeds of the KaliBubba were given away at different fairs to people who bought seeds. The feed back we received was very positive. Several people wrote: 'the best results they ever had' and others: 'this is the best strain of Serious Seeds'.

So it was clear that we had to offer this strain for sale. The KaliBubba wants to grow tall because of its Kali Mist genes. To make sure they won't grow too tall, we advise only 1-3 weeks of grow time before you start the flower cycle. 1 week only if you have limited height in your grow room.

This is a big yielder! These plants will grow heavy, long full buds with a lot of crystals. It combines the sweetness of Bubble Gum with the spiciness of Kali Mist. We have received good reports from people growing her outdoors but we do not advise this for climates similar to the Netherlands.
    From: https://www.seriousseeds.com/cannabis-seeds/kalibubba

I put all my 11 seeds into water and in less than 2 days all were with their root out:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2052362.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.7 KB ID:	17883013

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2052736.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.3 KB ID:	17883011
    Click image for larger version

Name:	noexif_c2127f11.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	17883019

I then prepared the growspace and pots:

Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_e9e4361d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	17883012
    Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_c6645e99.jpg Views:	0 Size:	267.3 KB ID:	17883015

Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_eb046e46.jpg Views:	0 Size:	416.8 KB ID:	17883016

Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_9d237978.jpg Views:	0 Size:	502.3 KB ID:	17883017
    Now we wait!
    Hope to have a great thread/discussion here. Anyone is welcome, just take a seat, say hello & let's get this going.
    P.S. light is very bright, I tried to use it while planting the seeds in the soil but even on lowest dim setting you can't confortably look in the lights direction. Hope to have time to test the watts it pulls at varios settings and tell you more about the light soon.
    "We ought never do wrong when people are looking." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yes !!!

Really eager about this strain and your results with this light ,

good grow mate !!!

- Female seeds Tester : Auto White widow x Big bud Auto Gelato
      - Urban Legends Auto Tester : Gorilla Cookies ; Fighting Gorillaz Mazarilla Gorilla Auto Critical Kush Auto
      - Sweet seeds 6th competition : Sweet Gelato Auto
      - Sweet seeds 7th competition ( Active ) : Killer Kush Auto
      - Mars Hydro grow journal contest 2021 ( Active ) : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=379208
      - HSO : Mango Sapphire (Still in progress)

Comment

Thank you both for joining!
        They are in 25C 75%RH right now, soil has 10-15% water per volume. I will only mantain it by misting when they dry on the surface for the next week or so.

Comment

Thanks, buddy. the tent you are using is 100x100x180cm? Do you need a 120x60cm?
          WWW.MARS-HYDRO.COM
          Coupon Code"ICMAG"

Grow Diaries:
          FC6500 Harvest
          FC-E4800 solo grow

FC4800 VS FC-E4800
          SP3000 Comparison grow

Comment

Yes it is 105 x 105 cm.
            A 120 x 60 tent would be better for this light, but I think actually this light would work best in full rooms with many of them around. I mean light bars are intended for commercial grows, right? I think I can use it this way, at least for this test. To change the tent and trays now would be a big hassle. And It seems ok for now, the light covers the diagonal of the tray very well, as long as plants are concentrated on that diagonal form they should be all lit well.
            I'd prefer to do it this way this time, and see how it goes.
            I do agree this is not the best setup for this light, but the best set-up FOR ME as a hobby grower still seems to be a square light in a square tent. So no point in going for a tent at this point. But thank you!

As about the plants, I haven't checked on them yet but I expect them to poke out of the soil sometimes today or tommorow.

Comment

Hi Exploz,

Looking forward to your grow.!

Respect
              Claude

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
                Hi Exploz,

Looking forward to your grow.!

Respect
                Claude
                Thank you for taking a seat! Please enjoy!
                I wish you all the best! And I hope to make a good show out of this KaliBubba grow.

Today I installed soil humidity sensors, and I upgraded the fan bar that moves air around the canopy by adding 1 more 120 mm fan for a 3 total now. Much better now, and if it's needed I can add another one. At the next upgrade of the controller this fan bar will be speed controlled by pwm with speed settings in the controller and will be able to create random breeze patterns, too. For now it's full speed, around 2000 rpm each fan.
                I only used 3 soil humidity sensors, one for each corner pot plus one in the middle pot.
                The ones that are used are circled in the environmental data pic.
                No seedlings above soil yet.
                See you guys soon for more updates.

Name:	noexif_bff9fecb.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	455.8 KB
ID:	17883351

Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_37e431f2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	17883347

Comment

Time to speak a bit about the soil mix.
                  It's mostly organic seed starting mix, peat based? With spaghnum moss, perlite, alfa alfa pellets, granulated organic slow release fert. In each pot i added 2 tablespoons dolimite lime and 2 tablespoons Epsom salts.
                  The plan is to grow them without fert for 2 to 3 weeks, then start using low doses of ferts and just up them if needed. If there is something I may need, it's P and K in flower, and (hopefully not again) Cal Mg. I have products for Cal Mg but I need to find an organic solution for PK, preferably an organic one available at regular stores. If anyone has any input on that, please say.
                  I think last grow the mix was a bit too acidic so I now fixed that by not using the chicken shit pellets and lowering the spaghnum moss %.
                  Guess we'll see how that goes!

Comment

Originally posted by exploziv View Post
                    Time to speak a bit about the soil mix.
                    It's mostly organic seed starting mix, peat based? With spaghnum moss, perlite, alfa alfa pellets, granulated organic slow release fert. In each pot i added 2 tablespoons dolimite lime and 2 tablespoons Epsom salts.
                    The plan is to grow them without fert for 2 to 3 weeks, then start using low doses of ferts and just up them if needed. If there is something I may need, it's P and K in flower, and (hopefully not again) Cal Mg. I have products for Cal Mg but I need to find an organic solution for PK, preferably an organic one available at regular stores. If anyone has any input on that, please say.
                    I think last grow the mix was a bit too acidic so I now fixed that by not using the chicken shit pellets and lowering the spaghnum moss %.
                    Guess we'll see how that goes!
                    roots organic HPK...if you can get it over there...

When life gives you lemon-tini!

Unclefishstick Goes To Mars!

Relentless Rozay F4 and Sundae Driver x Rozay F4

Relentless gelato 41 x banana og bx1

Relentless Genetics Sundae Driver x Banana Og bx

Comment

Originally posted by exploziv View Post
                      Yes it is 105 x 105 cm.
                      A 120 x 60 tent would be better for this light, but I think actually this light would work best in full rooms with many of them around. I mean light bars are intended for commercial grows, right? I think I can use it this way, at least for this test. To change the tent and trays now would be a big hassle. And It seems ok for now, the light covers the diagonal of the tray very well, as long as plants are concentrated on that diagonal form they should be all lit well.
                      I'd prefer to do it this way this time, and see how it goes.
                      I do agree this is not the best setup for this light, but the best set-up FOR ME as a hobby grower still seems to be a square light in a square tent. So no point in going for a tent at this point. But thank you!

As about the plants, I haven't checked on them yet but I expect them to poke out of the soil sometimes today or tommorow.

I get it. keep up the nice work.
                      WWW.MARS-HYDRO.COM
                      Coupon Code"ICMAG"

Grow Diaries:
                      FC6500 Harvest
                      FC-E4800 solo grow

FC4800 VS FC-E4800
                      SP3000 Comparison grow

Comment

2 small seedlings are above ground.

Environmental data:

Temperature: 27.76 C

Relative Humidity: 73.34 %

VPD: 9.94 mbar

Soil Humidity: 95.00 %

S1: 97.00 % / S3: 97.00 % / S4: 93.00 %

Pressure: 1001.00 mbar

Today is hot and exhaust wasn't turned on yet, so that is why I got 28C in there. But that's not a bad temp for germination, I actually think its great for now. The fan bar is on, tho, to move air around and evaporate some humidity from the surface of the soil, since plants are not yet big enaugh to cycle and evaporate the water from the soil.
                        Maybe they would need a bit more humidity at that temp but I had other priorities so the new vpd/rh rules for seedling stages aren't uploaded on the controller and also the humidifier is not connected yet. I gonna work on that..
                        Soon, as any respecting stoner would say..
                        See you around for more updates and pics once more seedlings show their leaves.

Comment

Hi, grabbing a seat too.

Do you have a thread with more info on your controller? if not, care to elaborate a bit?
                          My garden (current round: Panama Haze, Purple Haze x Malawi & Golden Tiger)

Comment

Hello JustGrowing420 ! Thank you for joining!
                            I think I said some things here and there in past threads, it's an arduino wifi with a bunch of sensors and shields (some custom) i put together to test and evolve into a growroom controller. Because it doesn't have a big display yet I am getting the data in the web browser. And that's the data I am following so far. Many more sensors can be added and some will be added once I get some sober time. The ideea started years ago as a watering controller, evolved into a small scale grow controler I used for many grows, then I decided to go to the next level and started playing with vpd control, but i am still tinking and prototyping, other than the mains (AC) compoments that I put into a proper electrical box for safety, its just a bunch of boards and sensors thrown toghether. soon I'll add some amp meters to get light and overall watts and kwh used and many more.

Comment

Update! 6 of them are above soil!

Name:	noexif_2aa864a0.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	17884965

Name:	noexif_942548c9.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	17884966

Name:	noexif_82975855.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	17884967

Name:	noexif_36675449.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	17884968

Name:	noexif_b5934784.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	17884969

Name:	noexif_25143800.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	17884970

Comment

Working...
                              X