What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fce 4800 and fc4800 side by side...or...unclefishstick's 9600 problems

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mars generously sent me a new fce4800 to try out,(thanks joy!) so on with the show!

for this thread i will be running the fce4800 side by side with the fc4800. what's the difference you ask?

the main differences are the fce4800 is built to have adjustable bars and the leds are laid out in a different pattern to even out the spread of light.the other features are more of less the same as far as wattage,coverage area,and spectrum.

more information on the lights specifics are of course available on the mars website...

the grow will be in my home built led room,the grow area is 4x8,two 6 inch fans with 6x24 filters for exhaust,one 6 inch fan for intake hooked into the house cooling ducts.

plants are in #5 nursery pots
ProMix HP for medium
General Organics veganic line for nutes with/
Roots Organics HP
Roots Organics HPK
silica
Garden of the Gods olympus up for pH

plus every 4 waterings they will get a tea of roots organics terp tea,molasses,orca,fish sh!t bubbled for 48 hours

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08480.JPG Views:	13 Size:	209.8 KB ID:	17863971
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08482.JPG Views:	10 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	17863972
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08481.JPG Views:	10 Size:	197.8 KB ID:	17863973

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this round of plants will be a variety pac,got them more or less evenly split up between the two sides.

Gorilla Glue 4 (from the glue father himself,RIP joesy!)
Tropicana Cookies from relentless genetics (breeders cut)
LemonRado,Chemtini,and Lemon Pina from Karma genetics (from seed,selected by me)
Vinaigrette #45 from Hammerhead genetics (breeders cut)

DSC08477.JPG
DSC08478.JPG
DSC08479.JPG

Alpenglow

Looks nice! Adjustable bars is a thing or just a nice to have? The light design looks nice, you think its an improvement or not so much difference?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks nice! Adjustable bars is a thing or just a nice to have? The light design looks nice, you think its an improvement or not so much difference?

from the looks of the par map the big difference is at the edges of the lights footprint,seems to be more even with less of a center "hot spot"

Alpenglow

More questions unclefishstick 😇
What is your assessment of the LEDs in terms of light and heat generation?
This is not meant to be a religious war between Bridgelux and Samsung/Osram LEDs, but if you had to weigh up which lamp you should buy, would the benefits of the adjustable bars and the lower price outweigh giving up the last few percent of light output/efficiency?
From handling side, the lil extra weight doesnt matter for real i guess?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More questions unclefishstick 😇
What is your assessment of the LEDs in terms of light and heat generation?
This is not meant to be a religious war between Bridgelux and Samsung/Osram LEDs, but if you had to weigh up which lamp you should buy, would the benefits of the adjustable bars and the lower price outweigh giving up the last few percent of light output/efficiency?
From handling side, the lil extra weight doesnt matter for real i guess?

just started the thread,it would be a bit premature to make a judgement at this point

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Is that one of those stretchy nets? Have you used one before? I won't use one again.

Looks like a bad bar can be replaced instead of sending back the whole light.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is that one of those stretchy nets? Have you used one before? I won't use one again.

Looks like a bad bar can be replaced instead of sending back the whole light.

i'm assuming you mean a bungie net,those suck...i kinda hate trellis nets but it's easier to deal with than a hundred bamboo stakes,and when done right ends up like this...

IMG_20210517_182542667.jpg
IMG_20210521_195257919.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts