What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PPK with Mars FC3000, Evaluation and Potential

DunHav`nFun

Hey bro....got the pm.....Ok.....let`s go thru a few things and see if we can straighten out your situation......First off , what size air gap have you got between top and bottom container ?......next......since you`re only running a single unit , how many times are you feeding per day ?.......every 90 minutes or so ? You gotta have constant gas exchange and a sufficient air gap underneath to maintain a happy rootmass......also.....are you sure your tailpiece underneath`s not cloggin up with roots that prevents proper fast drainage ?......I looked at your last pic and it appears either your tent`s too hot during lights on with the faded fan leaves , or it could be a sign of overwatering.....dunno......no w......

If you`re not using air exchange twice per minute , then that could be a big factor as well since you`re not running a/c....again...thoughts to ponder ....I`m goin through my troubleshooting list tryin to cover all bases so.....If you`re not running air exchange twice per minute , go to the big box home improvement store and get an inline 6" duct booster fan and if memory serves I`m fairly sure it`s got like 2-220 cfm`s thats more than enough to turn over that small tents air at least twice per minute while also supplementing the plant`s CO2 needs from the inherent ppms in the air we breathe.....and lastly....

You can get a router speed controller from harbor freight to control and turn down said duct booster if it`s suckin too much air through it.....Just stick the duct booster in the to exhaust hole in the ceiling and plug it into the router speed controller , then plug controller into power strip and that should take care of temps inside the grow area.....Hell.....LED`s like elevated temps and my old HPS setups usedta run in the low to mid 80`s with dialed success using air exchange twice per minute although I did have a/c in the lung rooms to help out in deep summer when temps stayed in the 90`s-100`s , and that`s about it.....Let me know if that helps , and check everything twice , especially your tailpiece for cloggage.....anyways.....Good luck and......

Peace.....DHF......:ying:........
'.

Gry

Thank you once again for your input. Timer is defective. I reflect back to your post of the seventh, and wonder for how long that has been the case.
Have an over ride I use when I look in on the grow, so I can see the flood and recovery cycle. That and what it can get from the downstem may have been the only nutrient it has been getting for the past two or more weeks.
Will replace the timer, and push on. That I am able to, is a credit to redundancy of the system.
Drain speed after the flood is rapid.
Air changes are 6.5 a minute. Will get a speed reducer on it
Temps are currently in the low to mid seventies.
Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020667.JPG Views:	0 Size:	155.7 KB ID:	17885399 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020667.JPG Views:	0 Size:	155.7 KB ID:	17885399 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020668.JPG Views:	0 Size:	177.1 KB ID:	17885401 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020669.JPG Views:	0 Size:	175.2 KB ID:	17885402 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020671.JPG Views:	0 Size:	195.4 KB ID:	17885403 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020673.JPG Views:	0 Size:	187.5 KB ID:	17885404

DunHav`nFun

Well bro.....In my defense , the only thing I failed to mention was lack of nutrients from the faded leaves showing nitrogen deficiency cuz I was all but positive you were feeding so often that it couldn`t possibly be a factor , so I stand corrected. and I`ve been wrong before.....just not much.....LOL......Grrrrrr......defective cheap ass built equipment pisses me off , and that`s why I always used US made Intermatic industrial timers FTW without 1 ever failin my old ass in well over 20+ yrs of HARD croppin at many multiple locations......anyways.....Live and learn......Lick your wounds and move forward.....

Glad you figured it out so......Good luck and holler anytime.....Not on much these days but I`m around......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Gry

I retired the mist king timer that went out, was a power glitch a few weeks back when I needed to reset the
digital clocks here. Can not help but wonder if that was not what took the unit out. I reinstalled the DRT -1
that was original to the install as a stand by until I can order a replacement.

Gry

Adding the third dosage of ninety grams of Biological Insecticide Gnatrol to the reservoir.
The odor is intense.
The timer that went out on me was a Mist King. Bought a couple so that I would have an extra as a back up.
The unit comes with a rechargeable battery to keep the instructions or memory for the unit going in the event of a power outage.
The rechargeable battery did not survive storage. Does not seem like it has been that long, was going to buy a new one,
but, it has been"upgraded" Attempting to replace it with a battery from a wireless headset.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Adding the third dosage of ninety grams of Biological Insecticide Gnatrol to the reservoir.
The odor is intense.
The timer that went out on me was a Mist King. Bought a couple so that I would have an extra as a back up.
The unit comes with a rechargeable battery to keep the instructions or memory for the unit going in the event of a power outage.
The rechargeable battery did not survive storage. Does not seem like it has been that long, was going to buy a new one,
but, it has been"upgraded" Attempting to replace it with a battery from a wireless headset.

seems everything is in good line :good:

Gry

P1020676.JPG
P1020682.JPG
P1020681.JPG
P1020678.JPG

Gry

When going to check on it, I found the tent with water in the bottom. The plant had plugged the down stem.
The down stem on this unit is the newer and thicker version as opposed to the original.
This is the first time that I have had such a plug with the system. The light is effective.
The veg growth on the plant was more thick and dense than I have had in the past.
Ran a bamboo skewer down it a dozen times or so to get it to drain, and reduced the flood time on the unit.
Have to credit the quality of the tent, was able to clean it up quickly with a shop vac and wash rag.

Gry

Have two and half ounces that I pulled off of it, with the balance, which was sparse in volume and density, going to the hash pile.
Humbling l experience for me, but I like the light, enough that I did get another one.
The lights are letting me grow though a part of the year, that I had abandoned to the heat.
FC 3000 stuffed in a closet set up for stacked 600's.
A sunset cookies and kush mints in 3 gallon bags of course and chunky coco.
Will run the original genetics again, but have so many other genetics...

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020713.JPG Views:	0 Size:	194.7 KB ID:	17905567 Click image for larger versionName:	P1020714.JPGViews:	0Size:	175.7 KBID:	17905568 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020715.JPG Views:	0 Size:	195.7 KB ID:	17905569 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020716.JPG Views:	0 Size:	195.3 KB ID:	17905570 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020717.JPG Views:	0 Size:	184.7 KB ID:	17905563 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020718.JPG Views:	0 Size:	195.7 KB ID:	17905571

Attachments

• P1020713.JPG
    P1020713.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 43
  • P1020714.JPG
    P1020714.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 41
  • P1020715.JPG
    P1020715.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 43
  • P1020716.JPG
    P1020716.JPG