What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My tent is up

Im'One

Finally got a minute to put it up. Soon will install the fan and filter then hang my marshydro tsw2000

Attachments

• photo2034777.jpg
    photo2034777.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 33

Im'One

I have Dancehall seedlings and pineapple thai seedlings up and ready, I will run the Thai outside and they Dancehall in the tent. Dancehall from reggae seeds is a great CBD strain.
I also have some Romulan grapefruit clones going and will be flowering those and hopefully will get pollen from a another PHENOTYPES clone
I want it make feminized Romulan grapefruit seeds.

Im'One

I added a mix of rain and well water to the bottom of the tub. I always bottom water my seedlings

Attachments

• photo2034896.jpg
    photo2034896.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 32

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Why do you bottom water seedlings? I had this conversation offline with someone else this week. Surely seedlings don't have the root structure to dry out the bottom of the pot leaving uneven moisture content in the compost.

Gaussamer

Why do you bottom water seedlings? I had this conversation offline with someone else this week. Surely seedlings don't have the root structure to dry out the bottom of the pot leaving uneven moisture content in the compost.

It's a curious thing to do with seedlings. Same situation arises when top watering plants though. Bottom watering rewards the lower root system which then grows larger down low, whereas plants that are frequently top watered can have trouble utilizing deep roots due to poor aeration resulting from the "top heavy" root system. Ideally you want an even root system, which bottom and top in combination easily facilitate.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It's a curious thing to do with seedlings. Same situation arises when top watering plants though. Bottom watering rewards the lower root system which then grows larger down low, whereas plants that are frequently top watered can have trouble utilizing deep roots due to poor aeration resulting from the "top heavy" root system. Ideally you want an even root system, which bottom and top in combination easily facilitate.

Cloth pots alleviates all that and provides the latter marvelously well, colonizing the pot with fine feeder roots which you seek. :tiphat:

Gaussamer

I have used fabric pots, bottom watering turned their lowest roots into jello. They don't air prune properly on the best days in my experience, throw it out the window when bottom watering.

Im'One

I bottom water to avoid the physics of swirling water flooding the seedling either out of the soil or covering it with a layer. After the roots fill the bottom of this clear cups I will move to slightly larger pot, then repeat the process with progressively larger pots.

Im'One

Once they are in the bigger pots (having the root ball set in a bed of wet soil)
I let them dry a day or two then begin top watering. Thereby building the root structure.
When top watering I go slow and keep watering round the sides until the water runs out the bottom then a final splash on the trunk in the middle

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Have you got a plan to be able to control the humidity? I am only in 7 gallon bags this time, and the plants use 1/2 gallon of water per plant, per day. In the little tent I run a room size humidifier inside it. The big tent is running 50% with nothing, despite running the fans pretty high.

Im'One

This will be in my studio which is served by window banger AC typically that will keep it in range
​​​​​​I have small hydrometer to use and if it gets too dry I can add a humidifier.

Latest posts

Latest posts