What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gano's Hydroponic Adventures

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
They are starting to get bigger.

That last little plant is still hanging on and starting to grow another set of leaves. But it is way behind all the others....

3 days after the last picture

Sour d S1's 005.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
oh, looks like its been a little longer then I thought, since I up dated this. Oops

I've been running the light on about medium power. I've come to see/feel that high power is too much for seedlings.

Some of the seedlings have grown and some haven't grown as much. I'll get around to taking some pictures.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Some have grown more then others. Two of them haven't grown as much as the others. I trimmed a few lower fan leaves after I took this picture.
Sour d S1's in grow tent 007.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I need to get around to transplanting them into larger pots. I'm looking at switching over to top feeding them. I should also clean the flood and drain tray.

The big one is big enough to start flowering. The others, I may have to put them under another light for an extra week of veg time.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I changed out the nutrients yesterday. I mixed it full strength for veg nutrients. Today I'm wondering if I should have mixed it for flowering (bloom) strength nutrients instead.

The issue at hand that I forgot about is, these are Sativa a genetic and Sativa plants stretch when you flower them. I'm not used to this tent with this shelf inside, and I forgot to consider the head space I'd loose...

My options right now, not all of them are ready to flower. 3 of them are big enough to flower and the others are not big enough to flower out. I'd like to take some cuttings off of them before I flower them.

Option #1. I can go and flower the 3 biggest ones by them selves in the tent. Then the other plants would be relocated to another veg space for more veg time and then be moved into a different flowering room which most likely will have a 1000w HPS.

Option #2. Is the same as option #1 but I go and top the 3 females that are staying in the tent. This is so they fill out the tent if there is only going to be 3 plant in the tent.

Option #3. I could flower one or two of the others, but they are not as big and I wonldn't be able to get cutting from them.

Option #4. I haven't come up with any more options yet....

I don't want to fuss around with trying to reveg them so I can take cuttings in the event I find something worth keeping.

I am seeing what looks like three different phenotype's in these plants right now.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I changed out the nutrients yesterday. I mixed it full strength for veg nutrients. Today I'm wondering if I should have mixed it for flowering (bloom) strength nutrients instead.

The issue at hand that I forgot about is, these are Sativa a genetic and Sativa plants stretch when you flower them. I'm not used to this tent with this shelf inside, and I forgot to consider the head space I'd loose...

My options right now, not all of them are ready to flower. 3 of them are big enough to flower and the others are not big enough to flower out. I'd like to take some cuttings off of them before I flower them.

Option #1. I can go and flower the 3 biggest ones by them selves in the tent. Then the other plants would be relocated to another veg space for more veg time and then be moved into a different flowering room which most likely will have a 1000w HPS.

Option #2. Is the same as option #1 but I go and top the 3 females that are staying in the tent. This is so they fill out the tent if there is only going to be 3 plant in the tent.

Option #3. I could flower one or two of the others, but they are not as big and I wonldn't be able to get cutting from them.

Option #4. I haven't come up with any more options yet....

I don't want to fuss around with trying to reveg them so I can take cuttings in the event I find something worth keeping.

I am seeing what looks like three different phenotype's in these plants right now.

Seems the option 2 is better than others. I would support option 2. How about moving the tallest one to HPS tent? Can it still be topped?

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I just finished sterilizing some Hydroton.

First step is to filter out all of the old root matter.
2nd step is to place the cleaned hydroton into a 5 gallon bucket, about 3 gallons (volume).
3rd step is to bring 3 gallons of water to a boil.
4th pour boiling water into the 5gallon bucket with the Hydroton, and place a lid on the bucket.

Normally I let it set over night (24 hours). What this does is, it kills any bugs and eggs that could be in the hydroton. It also dissolves any salts that have built up on the hydroton from the store bought salt based nutrients during the previous grow they where used in
sterilized hydroton 003.JPG

I can see in the picture that there is a pieces of root on top of the hydroton.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I finally got around to transplanting them. I had a slight bit of a false start. I missed several of the dirty pots I washed yesterday, so I had to wash those first.

First picture was taken before I started transplanting.

Sour d S1's transplant day 002.JPG
Sour d S1's transplant day 008.JPG
Sour d S1's transplant day 012.JPG
Sour d S1's transplant day 014.JPG