What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gano's Hydroponic Adventures

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I've restarted, but a little different. Seeds where started the same way, but transplanted into hydroton in plastic cups with a flood cycle about every 1.5 hours

This is a home made flood and drain tray.

Seeds are Sour d S1's

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sour D S1's 001.JPG Views:	0 Size:	244.0 KB ID:	17879709
Click image for larger version  Name:	Sour D S1's 002.JPG Views:	0 Size:	256.1 KB ID:	17879710
Click image for larger version  Name:	Sour D S1's 006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	233.3 KB ID:	17879711
Click image for larger version  Name:	Sour D S1's 008.JPG Views:	0 Size:	237.2 KB ID:	17879712

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Well, I continued messing things up and I just realized it was easier to just start over. Some times you stumble and it is easier to start over.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
No worry, hope it will go well this time.

I'm already having new issues. Lost 4 of the seedlings.

My recycling timer has been cutting off before the tray has had enough time to fill. The power on light has been staying on but the "power on" has been cutting out.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I'm already having new issues. Lost 4 of the seedlings.

My recycling timer has been cutting off before the tray has had enough time to fill. The power on light has been staying on but the "power on" has been cutting out.

I would like to suggest you to use a timer that can cut off bipolar. Or to unplug the light when you want to power off it.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
A bit of a restart-again.

I Found one of my older digital timers. Only potential issue is the battery inside the timer that keeps all on/off time stored in memory doesn't hold a charge any more. That means if the power goes off, the timer resets with no on/off times programmed.

I started some more Sour d seeds.

I might start a few other seeds, just because there is enough space at the moment.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
They usually use a capacitor or supercapacitor to store the minute charge that is needed for memory. And capacitors are known to dry out or blow in old electronics. I changed a few of them on the almost 10 digital timers that i used to own. Most of the times when they fail, it's either this, or a relay with fused contact or a display that won't work anymore or is dimming out and hard to read.

Dunno why I told you all this, tho.
I guess it's because I'm high as a kite! Hope you find a way to fix this!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
2nd round/try

Sour d S1's

I transplanted these Sour d S1's this morning. The seed sprouts where transplanted straight into hydroton after sprouting. This time I cut a piece of paper towel and and wrapped it around the stem to help me hold them in place while transplanting them.

There are 2 seed sprouts that that didn't get transplanted yet. Their tap roots haven't grown enough to transplant them yet.
Click image for larger version  Name:	Sour d first day round 2 010.JPG Views:	0 Size:	246.8 KB ID:	17886494

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Day 4

I got the last two transplanted yesterday.

Some are starting to grow their 2nd set of leaves.

Sour d Day 4 009.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I’m going to copy this method :thank you:

I've gone and experimented further with this method. instead of putting them into the aeroponic unit, I'm experimenting with planting them right into hydroton in a flood and drain tray. I find that I have issues with plants that have two types of hydroponic mediums, like rockwool and hydroton

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've gone and experimented further with this method. instead of putting them into the aeroponic unit, I'm experimenting with planting them right into hydroton in a flood and drain tray. I find that I have issues with plants that have two types of hydroponic mediums, like rockwool and hydroton

:)

Latest posts

Latest posts