What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gano's Hydroponic Adventures

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Time for a new grow thread!

Welcome to Gano's Hydroponic Adventures! Featuring a Mars Hydro SP3000 Grow light and a Mars Hydro 2x4 Grow tent! I will be starting a bunch of seeds hydroponically. Some of you have seen how I've been starting seeds for few years now. Those of you who haven't, you're in for a real show!

I finally decided it's time to try out a LED grow light. I've been sitting on the fence for a long time on this one, you could say. A "manufactured" grow tent is a luxury, I've always built my own grow boxes.

I just finished setting up my tent, and I'm now taking a well deserved smoke break. It was easy, but not easy like setting up a camping tent that you've set up and taken down many times. I was going to start taking some pictures of some of my different hydroponic tubs and trays sitting inside the tent, and the camera only has a 8% charge! So no pictures tonight.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2034183.jpg Views:	3 Size:	244.5 KB ID:	17821591
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2034184.jpg Views:	3 Size:	232.2 KB ID:	17821592
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2034183.jpg Views:	3 Size:	244.5 KB ID:	17821591

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
What strains you going to run gano? You have the hydro dialed in....it’s going to be a good show no matter what you run.

That is a good question. I've been thinking I'm going to do two groups of seeds. I have some Sour d S1's and the Blue Grass (which I intent to do pheno hunting for purple phenos). The Sour d's are all female and the Blue Grass are regular m/f seeds. The first group of seeds will get moved between week 2 and 3, then I'll start the next group of seeds. (At the moment I'm leaning towards the Sour d being in the 2nd group)

Before I got the tent I was thinking about the option of having the res out side of the tent. I was figuring I could have the plumbing run out the 6 inch vent on the bottom. After setting up the tent I realized there where no 6inch vent at the bottom. There are vent flaps on the sides and back. I'd have to cut the mesh IF I wanted to have a res outside the tent. Maybe Mars will make a 6inch duct that will could be attach onto the velcro where the vent covers are held onto, just a thought. So I'll just have to make due with having a res inside the tent.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Have you ever put something some where and haven't used it in a while? Then when you need said objects you can't find them... I misplaced the neoprene grow plugs/collars for the aeroponic units. I found them yesterday. Since I couldn't remember is I cleaned and sterilized them, cleaned and sterilized them again. I just need to sterilized one of the two aeroponic units I'll be using to start the seeds. I should be able to start the seeds tomorrow.

I wanted to see if both my Botanicare 2x2 trays would fit. Both of them do not fit! They both almost fit into the tent, if one was raised up 4-6 inches you could fit the two. But side by side they don't fit. You can see in the picture how they fit.

I'm having issues getting pictures I've uploaded and getting them here

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The light is running between 166 watts and 168 watts at full power and 36 watts when turned down to the lowest setting.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Here are the pictures of the different hydro trays I checked to see if they'd fit. You can see the 2x2 trays almost fit. one picture is at max power and the other is at lowest power setting of this light.
Click image for larger version  Name:	Mars Hydro 2x4 tent 001.JPG Views:	0 Size:	174.9 KB ID:	17829168
Click image for larger version  Name:	Mars Hydro 2x4 tent trays that fit 001.JPG Views:	0 Size:	225.8 KB ID:	17829169
Click image for larger version  Name:	Mars Hydro 2x4 tent trays that fit 006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	255.2 KB ID:	17829170
Click image for larger version  Name:	Mars Hydro 2x4 tent trays that fit 012.JPG Views:	0 Size:	253.1 KB ID:	17829171
Click image for larger version  Name:	Mars Hydro 2x4 tent trays that fit 020.JPG Views:	0 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	17829172

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
These are the Colorado Blue Grass (Blue Grass for short) these are from an open pollination back cross of a special Blue Moonshine. Blue Moonshine is an F4 blueberry.

I will be pheno hunting with this round of the Blue Grass. I'm looking for the purple, or "blue" pheno plants. In my last grow of this line, the purple pheno plants showed themselves with purple stems.

Last round I divided the seeds up into two groups by seed size. Large and small seeds. This time I realized that there are 3 different sizes of the seeds, not 2. I was going to start the same amount of large and small seeds,but the medium seeds will be grouped into the larger sized group of seeds.

The 2nd and 3rd pictures show how I start my seeds in some flats. I use three flats. the one they sit in has holes in the bottom, it sits in one tray and I set another tray on top. I set the trays in a vertical angle/ on it's side to mimic a more natural environment. It also helps the seedling to shed the seed hull. having to remove the seed hull by hand is a steady handed operation that is a pain in the rear.
Colorado Blue Grass Seeds 004.JPG
Colorado Blue Grass Seeds 012.JPG
Colorado Blue Grass Seeds 014.JPG