No announcement yet.

Chimera Picture Thread - Prizes & Discounts for the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one gal of my Simply Irresistible's..I must say she smells heavenly..complex sugar sweet spicy, hazey, musky, menthol, that changes from day to day..average PM resistance (not bad not great), High pest resistant..The scent is intoxicating, when close to it, it is volatile and wafts of its perfume hit the nose..Every day the smell is changing..the stem rub on this girl is like full on menthol/camphor skin ointment, the flowers are really sweet smelling though. Her one sister is sweet on the stemrub and much more leafier flowers and still lots of resin and a little later to set bud, and the other sister is much later to set bud and initiate flower, she is menthol and very sweet on stem rub and starting her resin only now so no flower smelling yet..But all of them you can stand close to them and wafts of divine fragrance hit you..They really smell indescribable and are not subdued in that dept. at all, and sublime, divine...heavenly scents from these gals..completely exotic and completely unlike what one finds in most modern strains..
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Si205.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.9 KB ID:	17822046Click image for larger version  Name:	Si203.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.0 KB ID:	17822047Click image for larger version  Name:	Si204.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	17822048Click image for larger version  Name:	Si2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	17822049Click image for larger version  Name:	Si202.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	17822050Click image for larger version  Name:	Si201.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	17822051
    Last edited by maryjaneismyfre; 04-02-2021, 12:42.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2034335.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	17822055Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2034334.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	17822056
      The sister..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2034333.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	17822059Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2034336.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	17822060 Other sister..

Comment

Then here is the Island Sweet Skunk S1 from Chimera..This plant unfortunately the pictures do not do it justice, nor do they show its frost which for mistreated outdoor garden plants was up there with other modern stuff outside next to it, that looks crazy indoors.. I have high hopes for this plant, still yet to smoke but its time to take it down, mature in about 9 weeks outside, I am going to leave it a for few more days before the chop, above average PM and good botritus resistance and good pest resistance, a really trouble free plant, not fussed for water stress or heat, and although most side branches broke due to weight of buds on this smallish plant, they self repaired and the main stem is like a bamboo stave, it has handled gale winds, unintended dryouts and general abuse..She has a complex intoxicating smell, more and more skunky as time has gone by, not overly and not saying skunk is in it or anything of the sort. It has been smelly and resinous since early in flower initiation, and set flower early and stacked a long dense and fat cola in a perfect SOG style plant that one would almost not need to trellis..calyx to leaf ratio could be better but the plant is not lacking for frost, especially compared to known plants of mine that grew next to it that are uber frosty in nicer environments.. Sweet, spicy, fruity and overwhelming pink bubblegum with skunky undertones would be the scent I get off her resin, when standing close to it the bubblegum smell wafts on your nose like someone chewing bubblegum next to you..Actually happened to me yesterday, someone was chewing bubblegum next to me just after I had been close to this gal, and I had to tell him the smell standing next to him or the plant was so so close..lovely plant the one of these that I have, I will germinate more asap. Pics do not do justice to what a nice overall plant this is and how nice its frost is. Could be less leaf as stated. Not getting any lemon, but prefer bubblegum to lemon! Overall very happy, one seed germed and one special individual so far, good odds LOL. I must just dry her and smoke her! Click image for larger version  Name:	Island sweet skunk s101.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	17822074Click image for larger version  Name:	Island sweet skunk s104.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	17822075Click image for larger version  Name:	Island sweet skunk s102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	17822076Click image for larger version  Name:	Island sweet skunk s103.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	17822077

edit..Smoked her now..and everyone who has thinks the same..it is a really really really good smoke. A++ which for crappy not looked after, seeded outdoor impressed me.. indoor grown I think this plant would be A+++ smoke..Rich mildly spicy bubblegum cheesey fruity super sweet zinger..germinating more ASAP!
          Last edited by maryjaneismyfre; 07-15-2021, 21:13.

Comment

5 different Blockhead x Cheese . Has anyone grown these out before?

Comment

no, I haven't but grown many cheese crosses out, and growing some blockheadx haze out..Grown some island sweet skunk x haze out and they were long flower haze hybrids, the blockhead x haze is a normal flower time and the blockhead dramatically tames the NYhaze, with an improved calyx to leaf ratio. The blockhead cross also good mold resistance, I see the calyx ratio carry through to your cheese cross.

Whats the nose on those?

Comment

I must say, I just grew out hundreds of tester plants, some old school, the most were modern, most of the modern cali seedbanks represented..and the best smelling individual plants... of the best 10 in the terps department, at least 5 or 6 were chimeras crosses...Pretty much all the plants that made someone stop in their tracks and smell a bit deeper when walking past and go, oh my, whats that? They were all chi crosses bar one or two..LOL one thing that was common was that old blueberry male in the lineage somewhere, or haze or grapefruit..actually there were cindy99chem keepers and NL#2 chem keepers, ISS/lemon chello, simply irresistable etc..all stuff germinated basically from chimera offered something unique and special to the modern offerings and all offered something that brings unique terps to the table for breeding into the modern stuff. The stuff had vigour, good germ rates for old seed, good to decent mold resistance was to be found with weaker stuff too, one can select, I'm very stoked with my beans that I've grown...very good potential to be found.
                Last edited by maryjaneismyfre; 07-04-2021, 09:50.

Comment

Here's a small update on the Blockhead x Cheese,
                  2 of the plants had a strong aroma while the other 3 plants had a nice aroma but not over powering.

Comment

Forgot to post the fifth bud of Blockhead x Cheese

Comment

Looking good! Nice job
                      Tell the people you love that you love them.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicani-ar View Post
                        5 different Blockhead x Cheese . Has anyone grown these out before?
                        Yeah dude. I just finished up a couple. They're in jars curing. One has strong identifiable cheese smell and taste and the other is more lemon pine. Both very, very nice. Totally different but really pleased to get good and interesting phenotypes from a single pack. Will/would definitely run again.

Comment

Working...
                        X