No announcement yet.

Tom Hill - Has Arisen -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would only make sense if all tris were male. They are 50:50. But 1 in 3 of the overall 50:50 pop.

Comment

Originally posted by GMT View Post
      That would only make sense if all tris were male. They are 50:50. But 1 in 3 of the overall 50:50 pop.
      Whorled philotaxy if far more prevelent in phonotypic male than female this is an old undisputed truth. Just because you have managed to scew numbers playing with degenerated males does not equal what you think it does. If a and b were equal you'd have seen umteen gynoecious lot by now you have not documented any such thing. Grapple with that you are a smart fecker.

Comment

I've been pondering for 20 years. Guess I'm just not smart enough. I have run numbers on everything I can think of, and not found anything. I don't believe that the Y has anything to do with it though. But in the absence of even a workable theory, I guess anything is possible.

Comment

Tjen on the ladder from hermie to dioecious rank them in order 70:30 vs 100:0

Comment

Eg We can repair the 100:0 in a single generation but the subdioecious population remains on the other.

Comment

???? Not sure what you're talking about there, there are no Hermie's in my tri line, just never ever happens. Only straight males and females.

Comment

Exacly males and females is nigh 50:50. This is not where you said you were at.

Comment

I caught that shit lol. You have a degenerating male population of zero surprize given the world phylotaxy

This why the skew stops short of 100%. Observe

Comment

I get 1 in 3 tris within the population. If I had 90 plants, 45 would be male, 15 of those males would be tri. Same for the females. Documented in my threads.

Comment

I think I've only ever had one strain Hermie on me, rhino from bcbd.

Comment

We sometimes talk at cross purposes due to both using shorthand here, but I'm never trying to mislead.

Comment

Your "females" among the 30 are also male with a degenerated Y get them in the lab you will find this to be true.

Comment

Ah if only I had access to a lab. Sadly in the UK, such options are not open to me. That is however something I have never considered, but off the top of my head, I doubt it due to one to one matings being employed rather than OP. But I'll give it some thought.

Comment

Like Sam for all of your anti hermie crap you full of it and have inadvertantly worked very hard for the other side.i told you like 15 years ago you were extracting female phenotypes out of male genotypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hill View Post
                                Your "females" among the 30 are also male with a degenerated Y get them in the lab you will find this to be true.

There's absolutely no evidence for this statement.
                                More Agriculture
                                Less Agro-Culture

Comment

Working...
                                X