What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
notorious troll and todds hater strikes again with his bullshit. there is no "true" nevilles haze, it is all knock off today. if todd or mac crossed it with original haze, they made it better. as northern lights 5 decreases psychoactivity of real haze effect. so crossing it with real haze and make it more haze is only reasonable way to work with it.

anyway this thread is about tom hill haze. so step back! nobody wants your Nevils drama here.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
notorious troll and todds hater strikes again with his bullshit. there is no "true" nevilles haze, it is all knock off today. if todd or mac crossed it with original haze, they made it better. as northern lights 5 decreases psychoactivity of real haze effect. so crossing it with real haze and make it more haze is only reasonable way to work with it.

anyway this thread is about tom hill haze. so step back! nobody wants your Nevils drama here.

Now why'd you have to go and say something like that? I have NL5/haze trying to sprout right now.

TheDarkStorm

I know....before saying something you should really know what your talking about.....ok even if its obvious that some people cant tell by looking at the plants or growing them and smoking them.. do your research ....or maybe their are people who like to bs to the community and support bs and take advantage of people....making them believe things that arnt true....any way sorry folks but I wont be called a lier and a bull sh##er and a troll.....this should make things clear about whats what and whos supporting what....sorry guys back to tom hills haze. Click image for larger version  Name:	tod mccormick's bs #1.png Views:	0 Size:	132.1 KB ID:	17892999 Click image for larger version  Name:	tod mccormick bs #2.png Views:	0 Size:	231.7 KB ID:	17893000 Click image for larger version  Name:	tod mccormick bs #3.png Views:	0 Size:	255.4 KB ID:	17893001 Click image for larger version  Name:	tod mccormick's bs #4.png Views:	0 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	17893002

harvestreaper

Veteran
interesting reading as i recently sent todd my hard earned ,,it appears in his own words he renamed what was given to him as ssh to nh as to his view on its effects,, this is very strange imo but at the same time the fact he openly admtts it does not create any illusions ,,for example i enjoyed todds og kush x on haze i can now consider that the on part is in fact ssh x oh not a bad cross by any standards ,,having just grown out todds oh i found it very much like the early releases from neville and for sure there is a link between them ,,,,not having grown straight nevilles haze i cant comment on that ,,i can say todds haze is more flavorful and better yeilding than the 1 pack of seedsman haze i saw many years ago but its not as fast or heavy yeilding as any of the many haze crosses ive seen over the years ,,for the record mac an jonnys haze are still both on my to do list so i can eventually make my own mind up on this haze quest

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Now why'd you have to go and say something like that? I have NL5/haze trying to sprout right now.

hey, because it is my opinion. you can have opposite one, it depends on pheno of course, but if I compare it to Toms haze, I have to say that. though Nevilles haze is close, still lacking something. NL5haze is good hybrid, but far from real haze psychoactivity. Nevilles haze x zamal from female seeds were the closest to Toms haze effect.

I recommend chimeras simply irresistible instead of overbred NLhaze.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
hey, because it is my opinion. you can have opposite one, it depends on pheno of course, but if I compare it to Toms haze, I have to say that. though Nevilles haze is close, still lacking something. NL5haze is good hybrid, but far from real haze psychoactivity. Nevilles haze x zamal from female seeds were the closest to Toms haze effect.

Aw shucks. I had heard good about the NL5. Problem I have is I can only grow in a 4 x 4 tent. We'll see, cause I have 4 haze hybrids popped and leafin.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Aw shucks. I had heard good about the NL5. Problem I have is I can only grow in a 4 x 4 tent. We'll see, cause I have 4 haze hybrids popped and leafin.

well NL5 is not pure indica, but indica dominant and hammer weed, so potency is guaranteed. but psychoactivity is different category than potency. if you need just strong herb, you are on good way. if you want to fly for hours and enhance your mental activity, you have to go with more sativa hybrid.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hows is Tom's Haze vs Seedsman Ohaze?

it is different. it depends on pheno. I have never heard of acid pheno from seedsman though. and no colorful phenotypes.

I am not competent to compare them, havent got to seedsman yet. but I know some people who grew both. one guy, lover of colombian weed, said seedsman is similar to colombian gold, in some aspects and Tom says his line is thai dominant. so that would be that difference imo.

just listen to Tom Hill, he said his line is not similar to anything he knows, except of good thai :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
look at this grandfunk pheno, it is mix of thai, trainwreck(thai, mexican, ghani) and toms haze.

fetch

and f13 x toms haze, f13 contains 75% of purple thai/ghani and 25% of juicy fruit thai/ghani :D

fetch

Limeygreen

Veteran
it is different. it depends on pheno. I have never heard of acid pheno from seedsman though. and no colorful phenotypes.

I am not competent to compare them, havent got to seedsman yet. but I know some people who grew both. one guy, lover of colombian weed, said seedsman is similar to colombian gold, in some aspects and Tom says his line is thai dominant. so that would be that difference imo.

just listen to Tom Hill, he said his line is not similar to anything he knows, except of good thai :D

@starcrash

The seedsman I grew was similar to colombian gold, I didn't find a drag though. Clear and up, positive and comfortable feelings for me. Tom hill haze were more average phenos, more diverse, the pheno I kept in the end was purplish, great flavour of root, cola spices etc. Great resin and large calyx, for me, more of a up rush and energetic than seedsman, more heavy eyes if that helps.

funkyhorse

I grew side by side outdoors 4 Seedsman Hz girls and 1 boy from original pack, 8 girls and 1 boy CG72 original from JGL and 18 girls and 20 boys MadMac crosses Seedsman Hz x Golli Hz and Golli Hz x Seedsman Hz and 1 girl THH from madMac repro and THH from Xiskito repro together with different landraces and hybrids thanks to coronavirus pandemy

And I tried all the cuts indoors
The only similarity I found between Cg72 and Seedsman Hz is that both are clearly outdoor varieties and should be treated as such
Mature cuts indoors after 45 days dont show first pistils while outdoors they behave more predictably
The finnished buds outdoors look, taste and smell totally different
Cg72 smells more classic sativa and first samples are more active than the first samples of Madmac crosses

About the high of MadMac Ohz crosses I think the same as Mexcurandero, I smoked Panama Red 15 years ago and the high was very similar to this
You started this thread, not one of us.Like I wrote earlier I'm not convinced in the lineage anymore, perhaps the Punto Rojo was a Panama red back in the days.The US military did grow marijuana in Panama in the 1920s for research, Colombian came much later.

About Seedsman Hz and MadMac crosses
The most productive and fastest of the four original Seedsman Hz girls was ready at the same time as MadMac hazes and it was about the same time CG72 was ready too. They started to be mature 3 weeks before the solstice and the latest of them were ready 10 days before the winter solstice.
The other original Seedsman girls were ready after the solstice. The longest going 2 weeks after solstice. They are drying at the moment
So from the earliest MadMac girl to the longest girl from the original pack there was a month difference. So it confused me because I thought they would be not so resinous as the other girls but at the end of the floering they all had similar size trichomes and similar looking buds. Only difference is on bud size

I grew THH from cut outdoors so it was ready before them
THH is better adapted to indoors. Seedsman Hz indoors is a mess and you cannot get same results as outdoors. It is the same for many varieties but many strains are for indoors and long flowering pure sativas are outdoor varieties to be grown up to latitude 30 for good results

I agree with Limey about THH, I am finding THH active uplifting feel good weed. And I find the first samples from Madmac crosses lazy weed high like panama red. Also first samples from THH x Ohz 90 from MadMac are active weed in contrast to the Seedsman Hz x Ohz 90 crosses
But all of them produce similar kind of buds

It is a pity all comments about the psychoactivity of ganja had been censored. There were no personal insults and the only drama I see is the lack of psychoactivity of modern ganja which is big truth
This post by Star Crash is really enlighting

the weed "we" smoked in the '70's was , Mexican , & Jamaican ... and then Colombian ...first sinsemilla was in 1981 shipped east from Berkeley Ca 1st real haze hybrid i tasted/grew was SSH from 2003 ...then the Mako Haze in 2005 ... never had much experience with anything of legendary stature except for the Chocolate Thai aka Buddha Thai which was available in the early '80's for a while ...came in vacuum sealed kilos ..the Mex & the Jamaican was commercial grade & low quality, the Colombian was much much better... once we had red hash oil ..real deal

So according to this post I understand top notch weed was only available to an elite in Usa
Situation was different during the 80s at other parts of the world. What was available in South America and some of the stuff in the Middle east was drug quality, southamerican ganja was a 3 toke of a needle ganja enough to get you super high seeing colours and listening 3D, hysterical laughter, black eyebags and injected red eyes. It was 4-5 hours high and the availability was massive. When I mean massive it means the only quality you get is this, there was no low quality weed, it was a step or 2 behind mushrooms in the entheogenic ladder. There were better or worst batches but all of them were 3 toke ganja. It was not sociable at all. There was a full handicraft industry in SouthAmerica of artisans producing rouch smoking handicraft. You smoked an oily rouch of either colombian Punto Rojo or Paraguayan brick and you were at another place for 3-4 hours. 3 tokes was enough
I compared South American, dutch weed and middle eastern in the 80s side by side. And the worst was dutch weed. And you people are basing all your strains in dutch weed, so no wonder psychoactivity of modern weed sucks so much modern ganja should called psychounactive and this is the reason I started growing. Southamerica became scorched earth, there was a war and ganja was anniquilated
And now that I grow, I think the same today as I thought in the 80s: I smoked landraces all my life and definitively landraces are better quality than hybrids

Seedsman Hz and THH are hybrids. These are hybrids grown and selected out of their native environments, selected indoors or selected in Sweden.
I am of the idea that long flowering sativa strains should be bred and/or selected in an outdoor environment preferably between the tropics but can be extended it 10 more degrees with the help of greenhouses because if not and you grow it at latitude 50 then the selection might be influenced by flowering time and not necessarily by the quality or quality gets distorted because it was selected for indoor growing.

unnamedmike

I grew side by side outdoors 4 Seedsman Hz girls and 1 boy from original pack, 8 girls and 1 boy CG72 original from JGL and 18 girls and 20 boys MadMac crosses Seedsman Hz x Golli Hz and Golli Hz x Seedsman Hz and 1 girl THH from madMac repro and THH from Xiskito repro together with different landraces and hybrids thanks to coronavirus pandemy

And I tried all the cuts indoors
The only similarity I found between Cg72 and Seedsman Hz is that both are clearly outdoor varieties and should be treated as such
Mature cuts indoors after 45 days dont show first pistils while outdoors they behave more predictably
The finnished buds outdoors look, taste and smell totally different
Cg72 smells more classic sativa and first samples are more active than the first samples of Madmac crosses

About the high of MadMac Ohz crosses I think the same as Mexcurandero, I smoked Panama Red 15 years ago and the high was very similar to this

About Seedsman Hz and MadMac crosses
The most productive and fastest of the four original Seedsman Hz girls was ready at the same time as MadMac hazes and it was about the same time CG72 was ready too. They started to be mature 3 weeks before the solstice and the latest of them were ready 10 days before the winter solstice.
The other original Seedsman girls were ready after the solstice. The longest going 2 weeks after solstice. They are drying at the moment
So from the earliest MadMac girl to the longest girl from the original pack there was a month difference. So it confused me because I thought they would be not so resinous as the other girls but at the end of the floering they all had similar size trichomes and similar looking buds. Only difference is on bud size

I grew THH from cut outdoors so it was ready before them
THH is better adapted to indoors. Seedsman Hz indoors is a mess and you cannot get same results as outdoors. It is the same for many varieties but many strains are for indoors and long flowering pure sativas are outdoor varieties to be grown up to latitude 30 for good results

I agree with Limey about THH, I am finding THH active uplifting feel good weed. And I find the first samples from Madmac crosses lazy weed high like panama red. Also first samples from THH x Ohz 90 from MadMac are active weed in contrast to the Seedsman Hz x Ohz 90 crosses
But all of them produce similar kind of buds

It is a pity all comments about the psychoactivity of ganja had been censored. There were no personal insults and the only drama I see is the lack of psychoactivity of modern ganja which is big truth
This post by Star Crash is really enlighting

So according to this post I understand top notch weed was only available to an elite in Usa
Situation was different during the 80s at other parts of the world. What was available in South America and some of the stuff in the Middle east was drug quality, southamerican ganja was a 3 toke of a needle ganja enough to get you super high seeing colours and listening 3D, hysterical laughter, black eyebags and injected red eyes. It was 4-5 hours high and the availability was massive. When I mean massive it means the only quality you get is this, there was no low quality weed, it was a step or 2 behind mushrooms in the entheogenic ladder. There were better or worst batches but all of them were 3 toke ganja. It was not sociable at all. There was a full handicraft industry in SouthAmerica of artisans producing rouch smoking handicraft. You smoked an oily rouch of either colombian Punto Rojo or Paraguayan brick and you were at another place for 3-4 hours. 3 tokes was enough
I compared South American, dutch weed and middle eastern in the 80s side by side. And the worst was dutch weed. And you people are basing all your strains in dutch weed, so no wonder psychoactivity of modern weed sucks so much modern ganja should called psychounactive and this is the reason I started growing. Southamerica became scorched earth, there was a war and ganja was anniquilated
And now that I grow, I think the same today as I thought in the 80s: I smoked landraces all my life and definitively landraces are better quality than hybrids

Seedsman Hz and THH are hybrids. These are hybrids grown and selected out of their native environments, selected indoors or selected in Sweden.
I am of the idea that long flowering sativa strains should be bred and/or selected in an outdoor environment preferably between the tropics but can be extended it 10 more degrees with the help of greenhouses because if not and you grow it at latitude 50 then the selection might be influenced by flowering time and not necessarily by the quality or quality gets distorted because it was selected for indoor growing.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share, your opinion on these strains is totally clarifying, super complete 🧐

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Problem with the so-called Dutch weed is, that most sativa's were bred with the short flowering indica varieties or just with Skunk.I still remember in the early 90s you had South-Indian x Skunk, Thai x Skunk, Jamaican x Skunk etc.Most Dutch thought in commercial interest and long flowering indoors brought several problems like electric costs, an earlier bust, sativa's get to large, fluffy buds, less harvest per m2 etc.
Strange enough never saw sssc varieties or even Nevil's Haze on the menu in my area (Rotterdam).

B

Benny106

funkyhorse Great info guys, I very much enjoy following this saga. Further to your point about maintenance of lines outdoors...we must remember that northern latitude favours the hemp chemotype, and that the haze will adapt to that accordingly. Even with selection this is a losing battle, this is my theory on why ot1 haze is lower in thc atm, having been maintained with either hid/northern sun. Obviously more we work with these the better they become, look at seedsman hz it has gone from hay to the prom queen lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts