What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

LostTribe

Premium user
That looks danK Maha. I only got one out of 4 THH that is really doing the foxtails. I did however keep the most NLD wispy male THH to mess around with. I might toss the other male, the runt, that I didn't use it is showing more regular growth now. I will try to post up some more pics if they are working now. Cheers! LT

LostTribe

Premium user
Heres the really thin foxtail THH. It is much shorter than the rest of the plants and really didn't need to be super cropped. I think it might have had more resin if it was taller as it has been in the shade quite a bit.
fetch

Heres the most resinated THH which got seeded up pretty early.
fetch

And finally the longest flowering which is pretty wispy and not very dense it is now showing purple on the tips of the calyxes this pic was from a few days back. All THH will be 10 weeks of 12/12 under LED QB's this Friday. Still a ways to go. The Todd's are finishing up about the same as they did last time but not going purple on the light green one this time with temps around 70's.
fetch

This one has very thin hairs and is also the tallest and longest flowering. She needs the most time yet to finish of all the haze I have going. I am sort of disappointed with these THH and kind of wish I had grabbed MadMac's instead. May decide to check his out in the fall.

Cheers!
LT

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That looks danK Maha.

hey LT, thank you. it is... I rate mexican genes really high, not so strong as thai or colombian, but I love that happiness element of the effect. when you mix THH in, it gets stronger though...

I tested bshw vs. sammys nevilles haze by smoke to see how bshw is trippy compared to NH.. and yeah NH is much more trippy, but everytime I smoked NH after smoking bshw, there were huge body reaction, like body was asking for that happy element of high, which NH lacks... my body felt deficit for it LOL

LostTribe

Premium user
hey LT, thank you. it is... I rate mexican genes really high, not so strong as thai or colombian, but I love that happiness element of the effect. when you mix THH in, it gets stronger though...

I tested bshw vs. sammys nevilles haze by smoke to see how bshw is trippy compared to NH.. and yeah NH is much more trippy, but everytime I smoked NH after smoking bshw, there were huge body reaction, like body was asking for that happy element of high, which NH lacks... my body felt deficit for it LOL

How does THH compare to Nevil's Haze (avg rather than sammy's) I still want to run some more of those the first few just didnt turn out well. I will take some of the blame this time even though all 4 girls turned out the same. They are from 2015 auction. I remember taking them like 140 days. HPS seemed to make them want to just keep growing and started to revert to veg and reflower. I will have to try and get them under the same LED and same conditions next try.

I'd like to add that the POTH I did back along time ago also didnt react well to hps and also started to reveg and then reflower taking forever and never wanting to finish. I have considered getting an MH bulb but if the led does the trick I'd rather get another led. Love the less heat and less power consumption.

I think I i'll twist up a fat spliff of the Todd's! Jah Mon!

edit: MH how do you feel about the amount of resin on haze with regard to the effects. Rather, does greater resin coverage translate into stronger psychadelic effects?

Chappi

DB4346B0-3800-4AE0-80C9-C664A92483A6.jpeg
F6814D03-EEF6-45E4-8B2D-685C4C62194A.jpeg
0BBD6931-182B-44BF-B241-8F1FE9C6E6BC.jpeg
Hello friends I need help with my THH. It’s about a month old but it’s been struggling with these deficiencies for a couple of weeks already. They start on the older growth so I think It’s P def and adding pure blend pro grow nutes seems to help, she’s in FF Ocean Forest in one gal fabric pots. I have 6 other plants in the exact same soil including another THH that’s also struggling but not as much as the other one. The rest of the plants are doing fine so I think it must be genetic.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
How does THH compare to Nevil's Haze (avg rather than sammy's) I still want to run some more of those the first few just didnt turn out well. I will take some of the blame this time even though all 4 girls turned out the same. They are from 2015 auction. I remember taking them like 140 days. HPS seemed to make them want to just keep growing and started to revert to veg and reflower. I will have to try and get them under the same LED and same conditions next try.

I'd like to add that the POTH I did back along time ago also didnt react well to hps and also started to reveg and then reflower taking forever and never wanting to finish. I have considered getting an MH bulb but if the led does the trick I'd rather get another led. Love the less heat and less power consumption.

I think I i'll twist up a fat spliff of the Todd's! Jah Mon!

edit: MH how do you feel about the amount of resin on haze with regard to the effects. Rather, does greater resin coverage translate into stronger psychadelic effects?

Nevilles haze lacks at energetic level and emotional level. NH is cold weed and is not speedy.

no, resin is just nice bonus. there is no clue except of smoke test.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Chappi- I would agree on the P issue. But you don't want the soil to get any hotter if it's not doing great. I would suggest a cal phos foliar while limiting feeding/lighter watering until it's drinking normally. 100 ppm @ 6.0 - 6.2?

LostTribe

Premium user
Hello friends I need help with my THH. It’s about a month old but it’s been struggling with these deficiencies for a couple of weeks already. They start on the older growth so I think It’s P def and adding pure blend pro grow nutes seems to help, she’s in FF Ocean Forest in one gal fabric pots. I have 6 other plants in the exact same soil including another THH that’s also struggling but not as much as the other one. The rest of the plants are doing fine so I think it must be genetic.

The last pic is showing the tips curling down and then back up. Its burnt. Are they in veg? Are you letting the soil dry out because these hate overwatering as well.

Its not a genetic issue. FFOF soil gave me lots of issues with Todd's. What is your feeding schedule? I'd recommend testing your runoff.

funkyhorse

Question for all masters: Since when people started to describe smells and tastes instead of the high of the genetics?
Back in the 20th century when asked about ganja descriptionm was always about the high. Might this smell and taste description come together with vaporizers not so many years ago?

I am trying different sativas. They all have the same kind of spice/peppery smell taste, some more accentuated than others. But to say this is very subjective, it is not in the way sichuanese, mexican or thai would understand spicy. It is more like italian taste which a very delicate light pepper would be spicy
This taste might be more or less accentuated in the stuff I am trying but it all in the same direction

I am finding a big difference between the same cut of THH3/3 bud grown in 2 liter pot and 10 liter pot outdoors under the same environment and soil, being much more potent the 10 liter one. Might this happen because of size of resin heads? With 10 days in the jar this sample from the 10 liter pot is the best high to my taste so far I tried from all modern genetics. The only one which seems to have similar potency is Senegal Haze from Afropips, but the high is much more racy than THH.
This bud is better than the indoor grown from seed. The mother plant was grown indoors in 12 liters. Seeds I received have been made outdoors, does this influence on the outcome of the progeny?
Another question: will the seed made in the 2 liter plant be equal in quality to the seed made in the 10 liter pot from same pollen donor?

I am testing some progeny I made from the THH3 boy selected
I have 1 girl NL5xH 91 x THH which looks very similar to her mother, same with Lemon Thai x THH. But the cross of Aunt of Farouk x THH shows much more vigour from seedling than pure Aof
Lemon Thai x THH, it is not productive like her mother, but mother packed an interesting punch for a fast 11 week plant
Lt x thh3 (4).jpeg

Top shot
Lt x thh3 (5).jpeg
Lt x thh3 (6).jpeg

Full structure
Lt x thh3 (7).jpeg
Lt x thh3 (8).jpeg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Question for all masters: Since when people started to describe smells and tastes instead of the high of the genetics?
Back in the 20th century when asked about ganja descriptionm was always about the high. Might this smell and taste description come together with vaporizers not so many years ago?

I am trying different sativas. They all have the same kind of spice/peppery smell taste, some more accentuated than others. But to say this is very subjective, it is not in the way sichuanese, mexican or thai would understand spicy. It is more like italian taste which a very delicate light pepper would be spicy
This taste might be more or less accentuated in the stuff I am trying but it all in the same direction

dont think it has anything to do with vaporizers. people just want tasty weed now, back in the days they were glad when they scored some good weed LOL times changed and mainly due to keeping unusual and freaky cuts. good tasting weed is about exceptional phenotype. back in the days most people even didnt know there is such pheno. motherrooms and keeping exceptional phenos changed that dude :D plus now we realize how terps are important for effect.

I dont talk about average phenos here in this thread, only about those exceptional ones. many phenotypes dont taste so good.

you didnt get that exceptional one, it seems.

LostTribe

Premium user

I am finding a big difference between the same cut of THH3/3 bud grown in 2 liter pot and 10 liter pot outdoors under the same environment and soil, being much more potent the 10 liter one. Might this happen because of size of resin heads? With 10 days in the jar this sample from the 10 liter pot is the best high to my taste so far I tried from all modern genetics. The only one which seems to have similar potency is Senegal Haze from Afropips, but the high is much more racy than THH.
This bud is better than the indoor grown from seed. The mother plant was grown indoors in 12 liters. Seeds I received have been made outdoors, does this influence on the outcome of the progeny?
Another question: will the seed made in the 2 liter plant be equal in quality to the seed made in the 10 liter pot from same pollen donor?

I am testing some progeny I made from the THH3 boy selected
I have 1 girl NL5xH 91 x THH which looks very similar to her mother, same with Lemon Thai x THH. But the cross of Aunt of Farouk x THH shows much more vigour from seedling than pure Aof
Lemon Thai x THH, it is not productive like her mother, but mother packed an interesting punch for a fast 11 week plant

Top shot

Full structure

Following up to Maha's comment. Firstly, your plant is no where near finished and smells will continue to develop in the long flowering sativa. I found 1 OHaze already that has very nice terpene profile exactly like overripe mango and also like welches sparkling grape juice. You just have to keep hunting. My trippy one sort of has a root beer ice cream float taste now but it was more root vegetable when growing and chopped. Its been about five months since I chopped it. They develop a softer and better smoke and smell after about 2 month in the jar under good conditions after a proper finish.

Keep searching and wait for them to cure.
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
I'll add that you are taking great care of that one. Please let us know what your feeding etc? Cheers!

funkyhorse

The THH's outdoors were cuts. I made them before indoors so I knew they were not the exceptional ones before hand
This is my first time growing in a greenhouse. It is different from just outdoors. The greenhouse is giving an extended flowering time, I hope it can make it to the winter solstice and beyond. Just outdoors here the plants dont go beyond end of april at most
So this is a learning experience, I am a new grower, I am surprised I like this very much, I didnt expect it.
I am impressed at the difference in the amount of resin between just outdoors and greenhouse.
I am getting very sticky plants in the greenhouse, I didnt expect this. Just outdoors they dont resin like this

I smoked landraces all my life, mostly sativas. I never smoked hybrids before growing them now or trying them in Amsterdam which was a very disappointing experience. I thought in the 80s landraces were better than the Amsterdam stuff and today I think the same
Landrace sativas from Asia or South America taste similar to me. Should we call it sativa taste?
Landrace indicas seem to taste similar too. For me they are hashplants. I like the hash of them but dont like to vape them as buds

I had this season a total of 8 THH boys and 6 THH girls. Only 2 of those boys revegged under 14 hours of light and those boys I used, the rest I didnt.
The 6 girls give different looking plants and buds but all of them smoke and taste very similar.
THHs give a landrace high. Two hours of uplifting ganja without munchies.
I am very interested in the exceptional phenos. In case I find them, if you make seed with this exceptional plant, will the progeny of this girl be exceptional in higher numbers than the current 5%?

I dried in my vaporizer the first 2 samples of Laos Mango
I spent a few minutes to trim 2 plants. For comparison I spent 5 hours yesterday trimming half plant of a very leafy Thai landrace
Laos Mango ticks many boxes. It has landrace high with much faster flowering time. It was finnished from seed in 80 days outdoors compared to 155 days of the landrace thai.
It also has the looks, what people call bud appeal today.
So I can understand some hybrids are improvements. A landrace high with faster flowering time and a bliss to trim is probably the dream of the home grower. The 2 Laos Mango taste different though, it is not as THH which has a more stable taste. One of them was landrace sativa taste(it was the one with the stronger high) and the other had afghan background taste which vanished after a couple of tokes

I use substrate I prepare myself with 30% compost, 60% peat moss 6% perlite and 4% fresh EWC
I feed with a product called Alga Bloom from Plagron and I will test an equivalent called BioCanna

I am growing quite a few different landraces and hybrids at the same time. Coronavirus crisis for me is a very rare opportunity to test and check different strains and how they compare against each other

Red October

Can someone please give me a working link to hazy lady's thread or any other in depth smoke reports please, just harvested a few plants and some are very good but I'd like to see if my experience matches up to others and the short ones I'm finding don't give me much to work with.
​​

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hey RO, where are some pics? thats shocking you grow it and no pics? :D

her thread was in Tom Hill seeds subforum and that subforum is gone...

Red October

hey RO, where are some pics? thats shocking you grow it and no pics? :D

her thread was in Tom Hill seeds subforum and that subforum is gone...

Yeah I screwed up a bit with the grow and didn't add nutes at the beginning of the flowering because we had a few down pours and the soil was too wet, I'll go through the photos I did take where you can see some of the structural differences I had on the 5 females. I still have one in flower so will get some pics up of her.

The one taller plant is frekn brutal man, the others are nice but there is a distinct difference with this one's potency.

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm off to see the Wizard!

The de seeded silver THH lowers. Its a start.

Today is 13 weeks on the other 3 ladies. All 3 of those started to shoot out about a month back and only the very top inch of each shoot is looking unfinished and I have some amber. One is def needing a few more weeks but probably won't be able to get there this time as I am on a cleaning schedule. Tear down clean bug bomb and re starts. Kept the most NLD male for now but also have collected pollen in the fridge.

Anyone freeze their pollen? Not sure how long it lasts in the fridge either?

edit:

well its 321 lift off and numb face skyrocket so far. This is the 12 week. Its onset is stronger than the todd (of course this is without cure and its still above proper moisture but did go white on the ash) seems cloudier at onset whereas the Todds is very light like in the background to begin def todd creeps up. The silver was very resinated. Liking the taste light green, pine, slight sweet maybe honey but its way to early. These will evolve over time. Eyes sort of cloudy. More later.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
edit:

well its 321 lift off and numb face skyrocket so far. This is the 12 week. Its onset is stronger than the todd (of course this is without cure and its still above proper moisture but did go white on the ash) seems cloudier at onset whereas the Todds is very light like in the background to begin def todd creeps up. The silver was very resinated. Liking the taste light green, pine, slight sweet maybe honey but its way to early. These will evolve over time. Eyes sort of cloudy. More later.

sounds good. keep it up.

some phenotypes of ohaze are just very cloudy, not clear, and some are almost stony I would say. I can sit on it and it is just nice and dreamy. then there are those which I cant sit on.. I sit to meditate and after a while I stand up and go. and ask myself where I go... makes me nervous and hand shaking. I like those with rush.