What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

GoatCheese

Veteran
Always pick up the pot and test dryness by weight. Unless its huge of course.
This is what i do as well. Works great when you get the hand of it.
There can be alot of moisture left in the bottom half of the pot even thou the surface appears to be dry and ready for watering, in which case you should water just a little bit; only moisten the upper part of the pot (no run off) which will allow the bottom half to dry out abit before the next bigger watering

the_niño

Tom hill x black lime reserve
picture.php
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
This is what i do as well. Works great when you get the hand of it.
There can be alot of moisture left in the bottom half of the pot even thou the surface appears to be dry and ready for watering, in which case you should water just a little bit; only moisten the upper part of the pot (no run off) which will allow the bottom half to dry out abit before the next bigger watering

I do too they are only in solo cups. This mix has coco added which seems to be holding more water than the sphagnum peat moss in the pro mix. I won't be using that for any seeds from now on just pro mix.

Also, moved the humidistat down to the floor of the tent and it was only 60 degrees with lights on I imagine closer to 50 with lights out they are off the actual floor but still cold. So I turned off my exhaust fan for the time being. Just a few seedlings and a couple bonsai moms. Still has an oscillating fan running. Up to 72F but humidity is still holding at 16 percent. Again cant really fix that and its been extremely cold for the past week.

They are looking better and I tried feeding a little differently today.

tap ~250ppm @700 .35ec (is this too high)
maxi bloom up too 800 total ppm
1 tbl LK
1 tbl sm90 nearly irradiated these fungus gnats from a bag of happy frog

then added RO to bring it back down to 800ppm the LK and sm90 pushed it to 1100. So might be a bit low on Cal/mag but will watch. Hope they don't get burned fingers crossed.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I do too they are only in solo cups. This mix has coco added which seems to be holding more water than the sphagnum peat moss in the pro mix. I won't be using that for any seeds from now on just pro mix.

Also, moved the humidistat down to the floor of the tent and it was only 60 degrees with lights on I imagine closer to 50 with lights out they are off the actual floor but still cold. So I turned off my exhaust fan for the time being. Just a few seedlings and a couple bonsai moms. Still has an oscillating fan running. Up to 72F but humidity is still holding at 16 percent. Again cant really fix that and its been extremely cold for the past week.

Yea, Cold is big problem for seedlings and cuttings, esp. with over watering. Cold dry winter air is such a PITA with cannabis growing. We've been having around minus 15-20 Celsius for the past weeks, not a good time for rooting cuttings if you can't keep them warm enough.

Stonecutter

Hi Goatcheese,

Not as cold as that here, but I agree the winter really messes up my clone and seed game. Everything else just slows right down...

GoatCheese

Veteran
View Image

THH, not in the best conditions, but I'm hoping for a good high, even if the yield is very small
Still a nice flower on that plant

Are you using leds/cobs? If so i think you have your light running abit too hot or too close to the plants. Modern white Leds/cobs are very intense and will fry your plants if the plants are too close to them. CalMAg will help in keeping the leaves in better shape under modern white leds.

I have Cree CXB3590 3500K cobs and i can't use much more than 30watts per cob @ 60cm from canopy in my flowering tent or the leaves will start yellowing and drying out. Esp. during winter when the air is cold and dry already. The one cob in my veg cab is running at around 20-22 watts with 60cm to canopy and can't go much past that esp. with small seedlings in the cab.

I've had my cobs about a year now and there was bit of a learning curve compred to my old 250w hps and CFL lights and i fried few grows at first before i started to figure these lights out.The light is very intense compared to hps light, never mind fluoros.

So if you're using leds/cobs i suggest you dim them down abit and/or raise the light fixture higher above the canopy. Many led light manufactures seem to suggest you can use their white led lights much closer with full power than you actually can; i've seen something like: 400watt modern white led light full power 45-50cm/18-20 inches above canopy in flowering, but that isn't going to work in real life. My three Cree cobs-fixture in the flowering tent is using 90 watts max and i have to have about 60cm to cannopy at 90watts

Sorry abit off topic and i don't want to steer the topic off for too long cause it's about TH Haze.

There's a thread going about issues with modern white leds/cobs in the Grow Equipment sub-forum atm TOO MUCH LIGHT or something like that. Also there's anothr thread about nutrients/additive needs under white leds in the Nutrients sub-forum.

Check them out who ever has problems with modern white Cobs/Leds:good:

LostTribe

Premium user
Heres the THH. Approximately 2.5w or so.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The WLD seedling is suspect. Note the 10th runt still trying to make it in there too.

Temps got down to 54F last night after lights out. On 18/6 and turned off exhaust fan which got me about 8 more degrees of heat during lights on. Humidity is still low at 16. I fed them yesterday.

LostTribe

Premium user
Lost tribe - that Wide leaf is very intriguing eh? What are the chances a deep chunk, or X18 seed got dropped into the mix from the distributor?

That was my initial thought. I received a pack of DC as a freebie. Hope the runt makes it. It took 2 plus weeks to surface.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Heres the THH. Approximately 2.5w or so.

View Image

View Image

View Image

The WLD seedling is suspect. Note the 10th runt still trying to make it in there too.

Temps got down to 54F last night after lights out. On 18/6 and turned off exhaust fan which got me about 8 more degrees of heat during lights on. Humidity is still low at 16. I fed them yesterday.

I have never ever seen such fat seedling of THH.

Breeders Retail

Hey LostTribe,

The only possibility I can think of is that it’s a rogue Deep Chunk seed. I can’t think of any other variety that it could be. It could be that it was in the bag of bulk. No way of knowing for sure.