What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

harvestreaper

Veteran
Johnny has always let it be known that his selections are what make his lines, his. I personally believe this is meant to portray that. without his contribution, only an open pollinated Todd's was the main option for haze "pure" repro
thankyou and i agree but what i asked him was specific

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
depresssion can cause lethargy,, a positive energy can really get someone up an going ,,plus sometimes joy/euphoroia very good for depressive people maybe not recommed for paranoid/neurotic people but depressioin i say it a good medicine
yeah if we assume depression, it means you are very low... and thus lethargy is natural, they are not able to brush their teeth or any other action to do...

it would be interesting to know what is % of people which would prefer ohz for it over other options...

but you know I get these questions, what is good for depression, and I would feel like it would be very irresponsible to recommend original haze to them. I would recommend mango haze over it... probably blue dream would fit. or some other sativas like hawaiians or mexicans... happy and up without head rush and head bang...

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
yeah if we assume depression, it means you are very low... and thus lethargy is natural, they are not able to brush their teeth or any other action to do...

it would be interesting to know what is % of people which would prefer ohz for it over other options...

but you know I get these question, what is good for depression, and I would feel like it would be very irresponsible to recommend original haze to them. I would recommend mango haze over it... probably blue dream would fit. or some other sativas like hawaiians or mexicans... happy and up without head rush and head bang...
o for sure there other options blue hazes being a great choice and much kinda first option if not experianced ,ive alway used cannabis with exercise to help my mental health and they work together perfectly for me ,,i was really thinking the more euphoric joyus type hazes rather than the hard cold rocket fuel paranoid inducing ones i mean looking out your curtains at 3 am not gonna do anyones mental health any good lol i would agree with you an put blue haze up first a good one really puts you at ease and ok with the world without any overwelming aspects ,,blue hazes are prob my favourite work weed friends have said same you can wake an bake an keep busy an focused all day long without any negative effects you can get from cannabis its great stuff ,, im now thinking about
popping seeds lol
,,,its going to be ok ,,you just have to get used to it lol

Last edited:
Jab by Mad and a sweet left hook from Johnny....... didn't see that coming and as we know it's the ones you don't see that do the damage..... Mad steadying himself now looking for a way in.....

Attachments

• 5a69d6724fa35a86a7f7a0505d35fba7--mike-tyson-mike-dantoni.jpg
    5a69d6724fa35a86a7f7a0505d35fba7--mike-tyson-mike-dantoni.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 37

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
o for sure there other options blue hazes being a great choice and much kinda first option if not experianced ,ive alway used cannabis with exercise to help my mental health and they work together perfectly for me ,,i was really thinking the more euphoric joyus type hazes rather than the hard cold rocket fuel paranoid inducing ones i mean looking out your curtains at 3 am not gonna do anyones mental health any good lol i would agree with you an put blue haze up first a good one really puts you at ease and ok with the world without any overwelming aspects ,,blue hazes are prob my favourite work weed friends have said same you can wake an bake an keep busy an focused all day long without any negative effects you can get from cannabis its great stuff ,, im now thinking about popping seeds lol
yes, so I should be more concrete in my question and ask what is medicinal value of A5 x Ohz for example... but you answered me on it already anyway...

but maybe somebody has different opinion on it?

herbgreen

Veteran
:lurk:Am I in the right place for haze drama?

Once one side feels betrayed or short changed

That's hard to fix

fix it anyway.....And understand it

Johnny thought and expected Madmac to do a reproduction of the haze lines and make available in the usual way

I'm tellin' you he expected you to reproduce them and hand them out...

Then eventually ...Its for sale?

And not as seedman x golli90 but just as "Original Haze"

Pretty sure a few people had time stew and simmer over that one

I can see you have been doing the work

Mac, now its clear what parents you used....that part is fixed

It works for me

Johnny Chicago has a right to be you know.....:lightning:

Mac understand this agreement thoroughly enough...maybe not?

I do think he has been working on the plants

This is Mac finding the best......That's what I get out of it

Mac,

Can you still do a pure seedsman and pure golli'90 ????

You have to repair the problem.....Thats what I would do

My 2 cents:rasta:

Golli'90 really looks interesting:bandit:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can only be the Seedsman OH... I have never grown THH @Hammerhead
THH and A5hbx are the only recent haze I've grown and used in any project in the last 2 years.. I started a few other haze seedlings but never finished them as I got too busy. I never posted any pics of them other than seedlings. Any haze flower pics from me are THH or A5hbx only. I'm way too old to cause any drama, whatever time I have left I'm making it as stress-free as possible. No clue why I got mixed into this.

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

this caught my attention johnny ,,,do you mean its diffrent from your own haze as you believe yours contains other /diffrent genetics ?,,

No I think exactly the opposite. That they could be both derived from the same generation of SamS OH, that Seedsman OH has been too. Only that Todds is a commercial repro or selection, while mines the only selection crirteria had been haziness. But you have also the different Haze types. It's very compex like TomHill says. Not as easy as described recently. In 2014 when I did my Seedsman OH selections, everything seemed lost. Or I would not have made them. And THH was getting called unpure.

And if I am right with what I think on Todds OH, then has made a good job at doing a commercial OH. Possibly truly got helped by SamS too.

My feeling at least, even if there was one grow here on icmag that looked indeed like a hybrid. But we smoke weed. No drink only milk. Everything is possible.

I would like to know your opinions about medical value of haze? it has zero body effect, so I guess that it can work like antidepressant? but antidepressant is that it is kind of calming, while real haze hahaha:LOL: is racy and heart beating, electric, paranoia inducing, very introspective, it can be scary even etc... I would not recommend it to people with depression... not really sure about what kind of medical value it has?

anybody uses real haze, now I dont mean g13haze or any other aghanhaze like piff, for their medical issues?

thanks.

Short answer: Somebody who got shared the OH by us, has made an attempt last year to patent the OH together with its antidepressant effects.

THH and A5hbx are the only recent haze I've grown and used in any project in the last 2 years.. I started a few other haze seedlings but never finished them as I got too busy. I never posted any pics of them other than seedlings. Any haze flower pics from me are THH or A5hbx only. I'm way too old to cause any drama, whatever time I have left I'm making it as stress-free as possible. No clue why I got mixed into this.

You did show your Seedsman OH seeds, I believe it was in Hempy thread.
And once I did respond with sarcasm or so (can't remember), to one post you did about the Seedsman OH. You did not understand why. And I told you, that I worked with the Seedsman OH and that MadMac got his Seedsman OH from me.

And I want also be stree-free. Been clear in my last post. But not possible it seems. What is the option?

Don't share your seeds. Isn't that the lesson?

harvestreaper

Veteran
No I think exactly the opposite. That they could be both derived from the same generation of SamS OH, that Seedsman OH has been too. Only that Todds is a commercial repro or selection, while mines the only selection crirteria had been haziness. But you have also the different Haze types. It's very compex like TomHill says. Not as easy as described recently. In 2014 when I did my Seedsman OH selections, everything seemed lost. Or I would not have made them. And THH was getting called unpure.

And if I am right with what I think on Todds OH, then has made a good job at doing a commercial OH. Possibly truly got helped by SamS too.

My feeling at least, even if there was one grow here on icmag that looked indeed like a hybrid. But we smoke weed. No drink only milk. Everything is possible.

thankyou johnny for clarifying ,,intersting stuff,,,as you were specific about columbian with todds im sure you can understand my curiosity ,, trying mm,s oh haze repro now on the road to findout

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You did show your Seedsman OH seeds, I believe it was in Hempy thread.
And once I did respond with sarcasm or so (can't remember), to one post you did about the Seedsman OH. You did not understand why. And I told you, that I worked with the Seedsman OH and that MadMac got his Seedsman OH from me.

And I want also be stree-free. Been clear in my last post. But not possible it seems. What is the option?

Don't share your seeds. Isn't that the lesson?

I understood it as you were referring to THH when it came up. I was mostly showing THH pics. Misunderstanding other's intent happens quite easily when people don't speak the same language. The lesson we all should take is don't expect anything from anyone. I share my clones, my seeds, and my knowledge. I don't expect anything in return. It's OK if no one thanks me. That will never change. I work hard doing what I love doing. I will continue doing it for as long as I'm able.

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
Truth is both Mad mac and Johnny do great work and make decent selections:respect:

You guys have a now public beef over this ta-do here

We dont know the private agreement......If he broke that?

I hope he makes it right

I can see Mac going off to make his best haze:tree:

And it perfectly Legit to sell that work

To do that without make the repro like people expected ??

I am surprised this hasn't blown up worse :lightning:

Just fix it

make right.... whatever you think that means

Its too late to give it back

And now, you might not want to give out free pure haze strains!

Not in the wake of the release of the Madmac Originalhaze aka seedsman x golli90

You are not going release free haze seeds to the only people interested in haze....Now how do you sell yours?

Money changes everything...Its a highly volatile process

This is the exact thing people like mustafunk get here and rant and rave about

You cant get away with that

Fix it......You and Johnny....That may not ever be Fixed

This is Fixable for you and future

First off,

No one in their wildest dreams is buying Original Haze !!!

seedsman haze was 17$ ....never sold for decades

Haze is about selection

Its not something people are hyped on.....Its only a few interested heads

We are very small demographic

Its a lot of work and stress as it is...Do right by the agreement

Acknowledge something.....Its my bad ....I misunderstood

This thing is going to raise its ugly head again and again:bashhead:

I wasnt really paying that much attention to this whole deal but I can guess what happened

We have seen this before!:mopper:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I would like to know your opinions about medical value of haze? it has zero body effect, so I guess that it can work like antidepressant? but antidepressant is that it is kind of calming, while real haze hahaha:LOL: is racy and heart beating, electric, paranoia inducing, very introspective, it can be scary even etc... I would not recommend it to people with depression... not really sure about what kind of medical value it has?

anybody uses real haze, now I dont mean g13haze or any other aghanhaze like piff, for their medical issues?

thanks.
Others have covered depression, but what keeps me growing sativas in general, and haze as part of that, is possible use in ADHD. I got diagnosed with ADHD some years ago late in life, and believe that some sativa's may provide a response similar to stimulant medication. I believe I experienced this as a younger person when sativas ruled and I was likely self medicating. I did my university degree completely high on racy sativas. It really helped me concentrate like nothing else.

Paranoid, scary and introspective are not what I am chasing. That was fun at age 20, not so much at age 60. What I want is focus, uplifting, euphoric even. Some hazes have this which is why I gravitate towards DM's stuff like the Mango Haze, Laos, etc. It is also why I grow some landrace sativas indoors that have minute yields, and forever flowering in the hope I might find the one (I have come close!). It might interest you that I am prescribed cannabis flower for pain and ADHD, and can get Mango Haze, Amnesia Haze, JH, and Thai (WOS Thai so not quite pure) through our medical system.

Sorry to go off topic and interrupt another haze drama. I would love to try either THH or OH, having only been down the OT haze and Nevils route. Feel like I'm missing out on something great.

Last edited:

Piff_cat

looking through piffcon results and these haze lines have very high chromane cannabinoids- cbc, cbl, cbt , cbc is a potentiator of thc and there is decent amount of info. but cbl(a) and cbt(a) are a completely open book. but they have some intruguing properties which could explain some of the effects from haze. cbt wsa first found in japanese and korean lines. it may be linked to the up speedy euphoric effects we know so little about. but the info i could find was just people who took extract experimentaly. cbla is even more interesting. there are at last count 9 different types found. it is produced from cbc by oxidation/decarb but is not exactly the same relationship as cbn to thc. its form is similar to thc e

thanks.
some info on hazes use medically wise which is pretty interesting. it traces back to yunnan/east asia the chromane cannabinoids- cbc, cbl, and cbt. there are several rhododendrons used in chinese medecine which contain these chromane meroterpenoids(science word for cannabinoid) . mulberry notabilis is also from yunnan and has been determined to be the basal species of mulberry, it often occurs as a natural haploid and the whole genome has been sequenced. recently a synthase has been discovered in m notablis which is closest to thc/cbd synthase in recorded plants. you see all these medical plants which have roots in yunnan and recent genome studies have discovered a yunnan cannabis haplotype which is the same as humulus in yunnan. this is the strongest evidence put forth so far to confirm xinijjiang and yunnans place as basal cannabis.

so there is a theme here where an order of plants from different classes and varying relatedness producing very similar secondary metabolites as each other. in one way or another these plants seem to be in the center of cannabis diversity so it makes sense that some of the minor cannabinoids would be present in these places. the piffcon results included testing on all these minor cannabinoids and is the first time i have found in depth results of profiles in haze genetics. this is probly mostly due to the testing not being widespread. its only been recently that standards fpr comparison for cbt, cbl etc are available. cbl is created by cyclization of cbc and there are 9 derivatives discovered so far.

Several Rhododendron species (Ericaceae) produce bioactive meroterpenoids with a cannabinoid backbone Rhododendron cannabinoids typically belong to the CBC type decorated with an orcinol side chain (i.e., a methyl group). Rhododendron dauricum L. is native to Northeastern Asia and produces grifolic acid (GFA), daurichromenic acid (DCA), and confluentin (decarboxylated DCA), as well as rhododaurichromenic acids A and B. All these cannabinoids carry a sesquiterpene moiety [
]. Rhododendron adamsii Rehder grows in the expanses of Eastern Siberia and Mongolia and is used in folk medicine for preparing a stimulating tonic and as an adaptogenic remedy [
]. It produces cannabigerorcynic acid, cannabigerorcynic acid methylester, DCA, and chromane/chromene meroterpenoids [
]. Rhododendron anthopogonoides Maxim. grows in Southern China and is used as expectorant and for the treatment of chronic bronchitis Phytochemical studies revealed that it contains the cannabinoid-like chromane and chromene derivatives anthopogocyclolic acid, anthopogochromenic acid, cannabiorcichromenic acid, and cannabiorcicyclolic acid [
. Lastly, Rhododendron rubiginosum Franch. var. rubiginosum, a shrub endemic to Southwest China, was found to contain anthopogochromenes A and B, as well as rubiginosins A–G

1658356627446.png

1658356691510.png

1658356170165.png

canna.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I believe his words were meant to resemble what most people believed about haze and long flowering non commercially viable sativas. It's the reason people say haze is hay. It's hay if you harvest at 8 weeks like they do with critical and similar commercial hybrids, if you select and grow them properly you know they're not hay(or bad genetics).
Haze is hay through commercial sunglasses.

Cheers

Not all Haze seed from any breeder is going to produce excellent or superior plants its a numbers game and that is the reality of any hybrid and haze is a hybrid.

I read it differently and the clones if they are what they are claimed to be should already have the medical value as they should be super strong.

LostTribe

Premium user
No I think exactly the opposite. That they could be both derived from the same generation of SamS OH, that Seedsman OH has been too. Only that Todds is a commercial repro or selection, while mines the only selection crirteria had been haziness.

Short answer: Somebody who got shared the OH by us, has made an attempt last year to patent the OH together with its antidepressant effects.
#1 I ran the Todd release and at first I sort of felt it was more commercial. Then I ran one in hps instead of led and it came out much more appearance wise like yours appear but only one pheno was ran. Then I ran some in led again. While they are nice plants it is hard to say without more comparison. Todd's appear to have some quicker plants in there even 12w. The only thing I have to compare it to is the P1 THH from Tom which has longer flowering with different terps and a clearer stronger effect.

#2 That is some very ugly stuff to hear and I think that most of us here would agree that it is against most of our principles. Makes me sick to think about it. Anyone trusted with such generosity and then to do something like this should expect the absolute worst Karma imaginable to be heading their way sooner or later. Also, why I understand why Hemp doesnt share his beloved Thia with just anyone only those he truly feels he can trust.

In addition, I think everything I have seen from you looks very well done and as it should be. The seedsman OH looks exactly as I used to imagine it with the NLD. That NL too, and same goes there as it looks like maybe they arent doing the atomic any longer. I like your style and feel the same as it is of most importance to keep old pure lines going.

Best
LT

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
looking through piffcon results and these haze lines have very high chromane cannabinoids- cbc, cbl, cbt , cbc is a potentiator of thc and there is decent amount of info. but cbl(a) and cbt(a) are a completely open book. but they have some intruguing properties which could explain some of the effects from haze. cbt wsa first found in japanese and korean lines. it may be linked to the up speedy euphoric effects we know so little about. but the info i could find was just people who took extract experimentaly. cbla is even more interesting. there are at last count 9 different types found. it is produced from cbc by oxidation/decarb but is not exactly the same relationship as cbn to thc. its form is similar to thc e

some info on hazes use medically wise which is pretty interesting. it traces back to yunnan/east asia the chromane cannabinoids- cbc, cbl, and cbt. there are several rhododendrons used in chinese medecine which contain these chromane meroterpenoids(science word for cannabinoid) . mulberry notabilis is also from yunnan and has been determined to be the basal species of mulberry, it often occurs as a natural haploid and the whole genome has been sequenced. recently a synthase has been discovered in m notablis which is closest to thc/cbd synthase in recorded plants. you see all these medical plants which have roots in yunnan and recent genome studies have discovered a yunnan cannabis haplotype which is the same as humulus in yunnan. this is the strongest evidence put forth so far to confirm xinijjiang and yunnans place as basal cannabis.

so there is a theme here where an order of plants from different classes and varying relatedness producing very similar secondary metabolites as each other. in one way or another these plants seem to be in the center of cannabis diversity so it makes sense that some of the minor cannabinoids would be present in these places. the piffcon results included testing on all these minor cannabinoids and is the first time i have found in depth results of profiles in haze genetics. this is probly mostly due to the testing not being widespread. its only been recently that standards fpr comparison for cbt, cbl etc are available. cbl is created by cyclization of cbc and there are 9 derivatives discovered so far.

Several Rhododendron species (Ericaceae) produce bioactive meroterpenoids with a cannabinoid backbone Rhododendron cannabinoids typically belong to the CBC type decorated with an orcinol side chain (i.e., a methyl group). Rhododendron dauricum L. is native to Northeastern Asia and produces grifolic acid (GFA), daurichromenic acid (DCA), and confluentin (decarboxylated DCA), as well as rhododaurichromenic acids A and B. All these cannabinoids carry a sesquiterpene moiety [
]. Rhododendron adamsii Rehder grows in the expanses of Eastern Siberia and Mongolia and is used in folk medicine for preparing a stimulating tonic and as an adaptogenic remedy [
]. It produces cannabigerorcynic acid, cannabigerorcynic acid methylester, DCA, and chromane/chromene meroterpenoids [
]. Rhododendron anthopogonoides Maxim. grows in Southern China and is used as expectorant and for the treatment of chronic bronchitis Phytochemical studies revealed that it contains the cannabinoid-like chromane and chromene derivatives anthopogocyclolic acid, anthopogochromenic acid, cannabiorcichromenic acid, and cannabiorcicyclolic acid [
. Lastly, Rhododendron rubiginosum Franch. var. rubiginosum, a shrub endemic to Southwest China, was found to contain anthopogochromenes A and B, as well as rubiginosins A–G

View attachment 18735538

View attachment 18735539

View attachment 18735537
View attachment 18735534
I dont doubt about medicinal value of skunkhaze, but we were talking about original haze. do you understand the difference?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
answer? and was that attempt successful? and based on what? and compared to what?

I would like to see some statistics, like this % of users prefer Ohz as antidepressant over other choices like og kush for example... some real results.

I dont doubt even that for "somebody" it can work like antidepressant, but how frequent is such case? so we can say, yes for this % of people it really works as antidepressant...

some real testing was done? as I guess that if they wanted to patent it as anti depressant, they had some study to it?

for example schizophrenics are using conventional antidepressants, but can they use pure sativa like Ohz as antidepressant? with its psychoactivity? as conventional antidepressants dont have this psychoactivity as Ohz, right?

and so on and so on....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts