What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I cant see anything?

This forum does something funky with pictures all the time it seems. If you're browsing with your phone maybe try with a laptop? Or maybe it's the pot you smoked :D

And yeah, that's a dream cross right there!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
f13haze by member elanius

fetch

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
if I know "original" is just tag to say it was not outcrossed, and haze means polyhybrid, so that means many phenos. which of these phenos are original? "original" is just a word. if seedsman is "original" where are colorful phenos? you guys dont give any sense...

and its all selection today. naturally...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Leaves look alot thinner than I would have thought with a cross to something in the blue lines, looks excellent. Have you smoked any yet?

no, not yet.. leafs are nice. but it has no connection to high. it is polyhybrid right? I smoked phenos of "original" haze which are stony despite thin leafs.

I am glad you like it though, stay tuned. more will come yet :D

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
no, not yet.. leafs are nice. but it has no connection to high. it is polyhybrid right? I smoked phenos of "original" haze which are stony despite thin leafs.

Interested in stony ohazes. How long were those flowered? I do think ohaze is a more dense smoke than the average nld.

RingtailCanyon

Original is relative. was sams haze version original? or was haze bros version the original? or were the guys haze came from the original?

do you think tom's version was hybridized at all at positronics? I seem to remember reading that posi only sold haze hybrids.

f13/haze looking really nice, i want to see how the buds shape up. I love seeing how haze and pure staivas cross with the worked sativa dominant lines like f13 and mango haze etc...

The light is soft in the photos, are they growing in a greenhouse?

Red October

True that, Flo and f13 were part of the list I always wanted to grow. Always happy to see it in nice crosses.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Original is relative. was sams haze version original? or was haze bros version the original? or were the guys haze came from the original?

do you think tom's version was hybridized at all at positronics? I seem to remember reading that posi only sold haze hybrids.

f13/haze looking really nice, i want to see how the buds shape up. I love seeing how haze and pure staivas cross with the worked sativa dominant lines like f13 and mango haze etc...

The light is soft in the photos, are they growing in a greenhouse?

the question about hybridizing is relative too... it is all hybrids. it is also questionable if it is pure nld... if sativas of yesteryear like panama red or colombian gold were not hybrids with hint of bld.. but it doesn't mean that if leaf is broader, it is not sativa. look at super laos, which has broader leaf or many thai lines which begin with fatter leaf in veg and drastically narrow in flowering.. yes narrow leaf is typical for tropical sativas, but there is some variation in it and more narrow doesn't mean better effect... the most important thing is how it smokes.

listen to this guy MadMac. he said he grew 90 ´ s haze(haze selection of some offering from 90 ´ s), seedsman, other line he got from Skunkman personally. he said all are different selection. and I would add that tfd version was also different selection. if I look at pics of Samson4, it is colorful phenotype, so tfd was different to these green selections... I guess that Skunkman had numerous selections. Positronics got one of them and cut of haze19 too... Tom selected from their stock.

when Tom Hill said he bought 80 seeds of original haze from Positronics, I had no reason not to believe him.. so apparently Positronics sold original haze version. just like Nirvana did after the end of Positronics, as the breeder of Nirvana was part of Positronics team...

in every selection, "stocky" phenotypes occur. canadian cut of seedsman needs only 12/13 weeks of flowering. quick one.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
long. it is just dense like typical colombian gold is dense... so denser than oaxacans or thais... not all colombians are like that of course.

Good to hear that. Most people just seem to take it for granted that pure haze = clear and speedy. Haze can be dank though!

It's anyone's guess what's in the genetics of Ohaze but I find it suspicious we can't see it on Phylos although SamS almost definitely had it tested. Based on the antique Colombian samples there it would seem Colombian came about as a mix of African and then colonial Indian strains. The latter being similar to Manipur or Zamal, aka rainbowbud. Then when Thailand became the biggest player the green Thaisticks got mixed in. I don't know if there was also some hashplant (Lebanese?) influence through Panama red but I would expect that. Having grown many landraces sativas through the years nothing comes close to the dankness of a pure haze. I'm not really interested whether or not someone mixed in a bit of Kerala or Thai later on as I think those genes were already at the core of Colombian. Maybe not Kerala specifically but east Indian most definitely makes a big chunk of Haze.

I'd love to see pictures of Todd's haze or the Flying Dutchmen version. Aren't they both a bit on the fatter side? I think it's likely that Tom worked his line from a selection different to the one from Seedsman. I don't see them as the same variety.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Narrow or wide leaves can be deceptive too! Sometimes when crossing unrelated sativas you will consistently get plants with narrower leaves than either parent! I've seen African sativas do that. I'm thinking about a certain Meao Thai x Angola cross. Neither parent was super lean looking but the cross had needle like leaves. Also hashplant x tropical crosses sometimes do this. I'm pretty sure I could "hide" Lebanese genes into a tropical sativa for example and get plants with super narrow leaves. The leaves mean very little, so does our indica-sativa stoner taxonomy.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Good to hear that. Most people just seem to take it for granted that pure haze = clear and speedy. Haze can be dank though!

well man it is relative too. when I was kush and diesel smoker only. I smoked haze hybrids at weekend only. it seemed to me sativa enough, and energetic enough. but when I started to smoke tom hill haze regularly, even nevilles haze seems to me like indica LOL

so now when somebody says that c5 is energetic smoke, I look at it like... WHAT?!?---

it really depends on what you are used to...

so ripe mango pheno, sour mango or green mango pheno of THoHz dont seem to me energetic enough. now cedar pheno is the whole different story. very speedy.

acid pheno is energetic, but not speedy. it is all around different kind of weed from those other phenos... you will not hear about acid pheno from those colombian selections. it is just not trippy enough... but if you dont know acid pheno, it can seem to be trippy enough. for me those colombian selections are mildly trippy, like light mushroom tea. acid pheno kicks like real psychedelics.

Sub24ox7

:trampoline:
well man it is relative too. when I was kush and diesel smoker only. I smoked haze hybrids at weekend only. it seemed to me sativa enough, and energetic enough. but when I started to smoke tom hill haze regularly, even nevilles haze seems to me like indica LOL

so now when somebody says that c5 is energetic smoke, I look at it like... WHAT?!?---

it really depends on what you are used to...

so ripe mango pheno, sour mango or green mango pheno of THoHz dont seem to me energetic enough. now cedar pheno is the whole different story. very speedy.

acid pheno is energetic, but not speedy. it is all around different kind of weed from those other phenos... you will not hear about acid pheno from those colombian selections. it is just not trippy enough... but if you dont know acid pheno, it can seem to be trippy enough. for me those colombian selections are mildly trippy, like light mushroom tea. acid pheno kicks like real psychedelics.

It sounds to me like I better get some Tom hill haze! Had seedsman cut for years would like something like that with more trip! acid pheno sounds like the holy grail. I remember Tom saying. It was like 1 in a 100.