Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing VerdantGreen to Breeders Retail - PLUS - Introductory PROMO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, i can't take much credit... the bubba seemed the obvious choice

Originally posted by Dropped Cat View Post
    Do we have Tom to thank for that pollen, I wonder.

Nice cross

Tom needs to be thanked for sharing the X18.. but the pollen came from a kind friend in UK.. we've been helping each other out with genetics for a few years now.

VG
    My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
    -----
    To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Very cool. Looking forward to that. I keep wanting to grow your gear but my priorities and space are always up in the air. I think I'm going to go take another look at the Lemon Thai/DC I've got in the fridge today.
      Tell the people you love that you love them.

Comment

Hi guys, updating with the new pics/descriptions etc... it will take a while....

C4DD F2.
        i'm happy with the C4DD F2 plants from the test grows. Potency i would say is comparable to the F1s, high to very high. The terpene profiles show a bit more variation within the range of Chem funk - Sweaty Socks, Brussels sprout, Scallions, Garlic, Fuel, Musky, Gingernuts, Sausage meat - all the filthy Chemmy smells are here in different proportions! - so you can find your keepers as to your own taste. They go about 9-10 weeks but can be ripened longer for a more narcotic effect.
        I have also decided to continue with 12 seeds per pack, in line with previous F2 releases.

Thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377106

VG
        My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
        -----
        To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Contra D - Chem D x C4DD

So, a third cross to the D (or a 4th if you count rez's original bx in his ibl ) ... i was hesitant at making this cross... but it seemed that i should do it for the sake of completeness .

I have only popped 6 of these... so too early to draw conclusions.. but it seems that the growth genes might have segregated quite dramatically, giving 50% very large, vigorous plants and 50% small, slow growing but quite pretty plants. Big D and Little D !

Big D: Despite trying to grow this as a single cola sog like all the rest... the sideshoots insisted on growing through the canopy ( i even cut some of them off ). I had to N-bend the main stem a couple of times..Large resin glands.. i have never seen a plant quite like this (although i have only finished one Big D with the other in early flower).
          Big D smelled a little different to the regular chem funk.. kind of like an astringent lemon and that peppery, victory V lozenge smell that the glue has... it seemed very resinous and generated a big ball of finger hash when i pulled a few seeds out of one of the buds (pollinated with the male little D)
          Smoke report to come when i've gone and had a righteous toke on it......
          .. one hour later.. very potent, heavy tingly bodystone, couchy. head is sleepy but quite clear thinking and introspective..has a similar effect on visuals to the D .. kind of slight trippy background colours like you've just been rubbing your eyes. not much on the taste yet..

Thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377109

Li'l D
          These are cute.. one of 3 was too runty, and i got a girl and a boy.
          The smell is very similar to the D, as is the stucture, these may have applications in breeding or micro-growing.. but really they may be just a curiosity or head stash.. time will tell... smoke report - This also tastes similar to the lovely Chem D... but it has a very distinctive sharp/sour taste as well, and very thick smoke, maybe head stash was a good call !

Lastly

with the lighters for scale Big D:

VG

Last edited by VerdantGreen; 01-06-2021, 18:17.
          -----
          Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

C4DD4 - Chem 4 x C4DD

I only had room to grow a couple of these out.(Sog style).

Both plants seem pretty similar, i think this will be a high yielding variety.. The smell is sharp fruity/citrus.. possibly lime, Peppery, Musky. Potency is good and reasonably functional. Already it is developing a nice smooth sour taste when smoked.
            Thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377107

VG
            -----
            Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Rhino D - White Rhino x C4DD

This is the North London White Rhino clone crossed with the C4DD.

the plants have finished quite well balanced, with the cheesy/skunky funk of the Rhino mixing well with a solvent/fuel/chemmy profile that the C4DD has bought to the mix. Quite a strong smell. The taste is creamy/cheesy with an exhale that reminds me of the Moroccan hash i used to get back in the day ( i was hoping this would get passed from the Rhino side of the cross as it makes for a very satisfying smoke )
              The high is blissful, mellow and smooth... quite couchlock with great relaxing qualities.

Thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377108

VG
              -----
              Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Chemnesia - Amnesia x C4DD

This is the Amnesia clone (the Lemon/menthol one) crossed with the C4DD
                after a week in the jar, the terpene profile is definitely leaning more towards the Lemon/soft menthol of the Amnesia... both have a fuel / chem twang to them, stronger in the big pheno and just a hint in the other one.
                After having smoked it a couple of times, The high is quite interesting... it has the muscle relaxing qualities of the chem, but the amnesia gives it an energising feel too -with a good lively head buzz and this stops it from being couch-ey... it has an invigorating feel to it, quite nicely balanced... and light sources seem brighter. i would say it has fairly high potency - similar to its parents.

Thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377105

VG
                -----
                Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Hell ya verdant! Keep on trucking man! Did you pay hortilab a visit in Austria for the clones?

Comment

Thanks holy. No i didn't get the clones from Hortilab... although it sounds like they have the same amnesia cut that i hold... i think there are 2 different ones in the UK where i am, and confusion over the naming.. but it has a unique smell and anyone who has tried the one that i have, with a lemon and soft menthol smell, will know which one i am talking about. The white Rhino was gifted from a commercial friend who doesn't post online.. i only discovered it was a 'named' cut that was regarded lost when ojd weighed in and said it was the North London WR... it is lovely to smoke, although it's not quite as potent as many of the cuts that go round today, both of the crosses i have made with it have come out with higher potency than the cut.
                    I was in France with my lad in the summer - who has just turned 21.. i had a good selection of weed , and he generally goes for the most potent one - but he just couldn't leave the WR alone.. it has wonderful taste on the exhale that is very similar to the Moroccan flatpress hash that used to get imported back in the day... and i detected a hint of that taste in the WRxC4DD cross too- coming out as it cures in the jar.

I Updated the Contra D post with smoke reports of big D and li'l D.

Lastly, look out for the Limited Edition 'Chem Kit' that should get listed in the catalogue later. This was done with the breeders and enthusiasts in mind...
                    15 x C4DD F2, 8 x Contra D (C4DDD) and 8 x C4DD4 (C4DD x Chem 4) - all for $120.

VG
                    Last edited by VerdantGreen; 01-06-2021, 18:54.
                    -----
                    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

That’s great VG, they all look very promising

We will have these listed when they are in our hands.

Comment

So cool VG.. ya there's a lot to be said about just a good smoke instead of being knockout weed.. I chased the strains with the potency for a long time but I'm really trying to have a variety of tastier more mellow smokes these days as well. Also, getting some old legendary cuts is an awesome feeling having a piece of history in our garden.. I ran your bubba s1's years ago and they were stellar.. I'd like to run every single pack offered by breeders retail..

Comment

Originally posted by Breeders Retail View Post
                          That’s great VG, they all look very promising

We will have these listed when they are in our hands.

-----
                          Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Hey all,

Sorry for the wait. Karl is in self isolation because his flat mate has to have a covid test. Hopefully we’ll have VGs new releases in our hands soon.

Karl is fine, we just have to wait for test results to come back.

Comment

Hey all

We now have VGs new releases with us.
                              I’ve just this second updated the catalogue to include three new listings to VGs offerings.

Rhino D (C4DD x White Rhino) regular --- 10 seeds - $50
                              Chemnesia (C4DD x Amnesia) regular --- 10 seeds - $50
                              Chem Kit Ltd Edition: 15xC4DD F2, 8xContra D (C4DDD), 8xC4DD4 -all regular - $120

If you’re interested please visit the catalogue thread (link below) and follow the instructions on how to order.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=337991

Cheers

Comment

Thanks BR!

Check out the growth gene segregation on the Contra D -

VG
                                -----
                                Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Working...
                                X