MentalBloX Test Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MentalBloX Test Grow

I said I wouldn't do another test grow unless I was asked to... Well, I was asked by a Chi minion, or Chimion, to test a Mental Floss x Blockhead cross.
    I don't know any of the particulars of the cross and was only given a 'best guess' based on what the Chimion knows about Chi's recent work. We'll have to wait for the man himself to Chi-me in.

My space is 36" x 43". Its currently ventilated by a 8" Hydrofarm and the air is circulated by a 12" oscillating fan. Coco, 4/8 Lucas/H3ad combo, 1 ml sil, 1 ml calmag, 1 ml Floraliscious bloom, 2-3 mls Hygrozyme per gallon hand watered. Got a sample of Mammoth P on the way that I may try with these plants.

This is a 3-front test grow - 1st for this cross, 2nd as Ive never grown any of Chi's gear and 3rd for my DIY COB fixture.

The beans.

The light.

The plants at 19 days from soak. It didn't matter how close I kept the light, they wanted to stretch.

Mental Floss x Blockhead Test Grow

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...

28 Days from soak - or 9 days later.

This is a runt that I decided to toss because it was so far behind the others in terms of development.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Comment

47 Days from soak - or 19 days from last pics.

I believe these 1st 3 plants are most likely males as they have developed very quickly.

Sorry, no body shot.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Comment

47 Days continued.

I suspect this 1st plant may also be male, but I cant be sure.

I think the remaining plants will be female - one already has pistils.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Comment

47 Days continued.

This is the current runt of the litter.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Comment

47 Days continued.

Here is the tallest suspected male compared to the runt.

You can see that these plants have been in their 1.5 pint pots for much too long. I wanted to sex them 2 weeks ago, but I got slammed with the worst cold.

Im cleaning out my seed tent tonight so that I can move these in for sexing. I will then up-pot all the ladies, give them a week to spread their roots and then put them under the light.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Comment

Looking good wildgrow..

Nice crisp pictures as well. I hope they produce some fat interesting flowers for you.
              Good luck with them.
              sigpic

Comment

Nice chunky plants. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalbhairav View Post
                  Looking good wildgrow..

Nice crisp pictures as well. I hope they produce some fat interesting flowers for you.
                  Good luck with them.

Merci beaucoup, mi amigo.

Originally posted by Team Sift View Post
                  Nice chunky plants. Good work.

Thanks TS... and welcome to IC.

I should probably add that the seeds soaked for about 24 hours before being placed in a damp coffee filter for about the same amount of time. They've been vegged under 4 4' 5000K T8s.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Comment

Confirmed - 3 females, 1 male

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Comment

These should be very interesting. Can't wait to see the Blockhead contribution...wonder if they will show some color in flower. Subbed...

Comment

All the pictures I ever saw of the straight Blockhead always looked a little leafy to me, I wonder if the mental floss will add it's high cylax to leaf ratio and bit more 'up' in the buzz.. I think for sure they're going to be stocky.

So will you be taking cuts wildgrow or is this a straight up seed grow?
                        Any noticeable smell during veg or just the normal?

Any favourites amongst them so far?
                        sigpic

Comment

They will definitely be heavy producers.
                          Below is a link to all of my grow reviews...there are a bunch so get off the clones, dive in, and find some new genetics to appreciate!

Click here for a link to all of my grows

Comment

Hopefully the blockhead (male,males)brings a little more beef to mix...I liked the jack crosses don't get me wrong ,but overall found them to be average in their effects.I just cracked a couple of the bubba/blockheads crosses.

Comment

Big difference getting moved out of the test grow sub-forum.

Originally posted by Jahaze View Post
                              These should be very interesting. Can't wait to see the Blockhead contribution...wonder if they will show some color in flower. Subbed...

I wouldn't be surprised. Hope it will be a good one.

Originally posted by Kalbhairav View Post
                              All the pictures I ever saw of the straight Blockhead always looked a little leafy to me, I wonder if the mental floss will add it's high cylax to leaf ratio and bit more 'up' in the buzz.. I think for sure they're going to be stocky.

So will you be taking cuts wildgrow or is this a straight up seed grow?
                              Any noticeable smell during veg or just the normal?

Any favourites amongst them so far?

The shorter girls are pretty stout for my weak veg lighting.

Im not taking any cuts unless something really speaks to me.

One of the males had that acrid/skunkish afghan scent.

My favorite up until sexing was the 2nd one pictured in the big set of veg pics. Unfortunately that turned out male. Now I would have to say its a tie between the shortest (BH dom?) and one of the tallest (MF dom?).

Originally posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
                              They will definitely be heavy producers.

That's good news! Last cycle/season was not a stellar one. None of them have lengthy internodes and they all seem like they'll produce nice colas.

Originally posted by knuckles View Post
                              Hopefully the blockhead (male,males)brings a little more beef to mix...I liked the jack crosses don't get me wrong ,but overall found them to be average in their effects.I just cracked a couple of the bubba/blockheads crosses.

The jacks weren't great? Did you try Jack Pine? Ive got a pack.

Are those bubba/block crosses testers?

Ive up potted all the girls (5) to 2 g pots and put them back in veg on 16 hours until this weekend. All but one did not like being rootbound. Lower leaves and branches were dying off.
                              Ill get some pics when I get ready to move them.

Thanks for taking a peek folks.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

Comment

Working...
                              X