No announcement yet.

Congo x Sweet Skunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this info on the LMN Congo is in the Archive sticky. What Guava has posted above was the direct quote from Bob the grower (aka VisionCreator) that is posted in the Archive.

As far as the story goes, Bob found the cut from seed.
    sigpic

Comment

Right, so I'll concede 'related' but I bet the Ace and Chi Congos have some differences. I think when I initially read the question, I interpreted it as, 'Are the Chi and Ace the Same Congo'. Which is a pretty different question. My bad.
      Tell the people you love that you love them.

Comment

Smoked some Red Congolese obtained from native Americans in Ontario via one of their weed shops. Was quite nice smoke, very terpinolene smell that I associate with durban but with a more spicy side and touch of lime. Wasn’t grown perfect or processed well, but quite a sativa high, long lasting, pairs perfectly with music, big sugars calling all the youths worked well. Able to tinker intricately on things, a real mood enhancer/ life brightening stone. Much preferred this over the nice looking and stronger urkle I got. The dried Red Congo looked very much like the bud pictures in this thread.

Considering picking the SS hybrid up now.
        Mother of Berry x Blue Durban-Chitral
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329624

Comment

I pulled one down that was absolutely intoxicating on smell alone. 11-12 weeker but I cut her early. All my buddies love her. I bet you'd crush it browntrout.

Comment

Originally posted by bsgospel View Post
            I pulled one down that was absolutely intoxicating on smell alone. 11-12 weeker but I cut her early. All my buddies love her. I bet you'd crush it browntrout.
            Very interesting! I’d love to see a picture of this gal. And I would certainly try to do her justice lol

Comment

Alas, I did not take any pics of the final product. I can tell you though, mine would be the worst to evaluate by. I left her too small and crowded out from light; just a really poor representation.

...hmm maybe I have one in another thread but I doubt it.

All that to say, even when I screwed it up, it still came out smelly and tasty. I just gave the last of that jar a smell right now. Lotta potent, stinky wispy larfy stuff (already gave away the real nuggets back in May). I could get that cut back and try again but I think I'm ready to crack other Chi stuff.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-ve...0#post12547720
              (Pre-flower pics)

Comment

Originally posted by bsgospel View Post
                Right, so I'll concede 'related' but I bet the Ace and Chi Congos have some differences. I think when I initially read the question, I interpreted it as, 'Are the Chi and Ace the Same Congo'. Which is a pretty different question. My bad.
                ACE use several separately sourced Congos. LMN's was the one they call bangi congo (although not used in their bangi haze).

Dubi answering a question on the origins of the Congo in Bangi Haze:

Originally posted by dubi View Post

It's a third congolese sativa strain, different to mano negra's bangi congo and Congo #3 (both are inside our ACE Congo hybrid).

Comment

I've smoked congo, from congo, and I sent seeds to cali, was more than a decade ago...it is quite a broadleaf sativa, yes its one of the traits of the congos as far as I can remember, and congo sativa can be bloody strong as far as landraces go..as strong as any landrace I've tried, up there with good swazi of old days or good malawi..but very different plant, dark colours and broadleaves but no hybrid and sativa in form through and through. The seed grown out exposed to cold nights far south of tropical congo, one could see why the local called it congo black, that I got it from.

How does the congo SS smoke?

Comment

Originally posted by browntrout View Post
                    Smoked some Red Congolese obtained from native Americans in Ontario via one of their weed shops. Was quite nice smoke, very terpinolene smell that I associate with durban but with a more spicy side and touch of lime. Wasn’t grown perfect or processed well, but quite a sativa high, long lasting, pairs perfectly with music, big sugars calling all the youths worked well. Able to tinker intricately on things, a real mood enhancer/ life brightening stone. Much preferred this over the nice looking and stronger urkle I got. The dried Red Congo looked very much like the bud pictures in this thread.

Considering picking the SS hybrid up now.
                    Some of my favorite smoke ever was given to me as Red Congolese... it sounds very similar to what you had. I remember the smell as a really nice spicy melon, with a soaring active and inspiring high that was perfect for outdoor activities and a real day brightener. I would love to get my hands on a cut someday.

Comment

Originally posted by MallardDuck View Post

Some of my favorite smoke ever was given to me as Red Congolese... it sounds very similar to what you had. I remember the smell as a really nice spicy melon, with a soaring active and inspiring high that was perfect for outdoor activities and a real day brightener. I would love to get my hands on a cut someday.
                      It would be awesome to get the original cut, and a lovely thing to have a full stash of. I’m sure it’s alive and well in Canada, Congolese was all the rage for a minute in BC years ago. This was the first example I’ve tried. I feel Chimeras mother could be the same cut. And from what I hear of sweet skunk, I don’t think it would detract from the Congolese overly. Hard to say.

Comment

I only have males of congo x's from chi at the moment growing, but they all have REALLY exotic nose on the stem rubs and real hybrid vigour..The congo 100% adds some funky shit to the mix, and all the SS crosses and s1 that I've grown out have been stellar. I'd recommend this cross without ever popping a bean of it..

Comment

Back to the plants Here they are on their last day before 12/12 after vegging for 16 weeks. They are both strong, vigorous plants!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9495[1].JPG
Views:	249
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	17907059Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9496[1].JPG
Views:	241
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	17907060

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=12947828.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	17919686 Great to see you growing so many Chimera genetic plant lines. The Congolese X SS I grew 3 years ago was the largest indoor plant I have had perhaps in a long time!! It had to be topped and then it created huge heavy laden arms of buds that just flowed from top to bottom of each stalk. Really great yield and delightful uplifting smoke. The SS adds some structure and perhaps weight to the end results but it did not overpower the Congolese terpenes and African vibes. Happy Growing and I hope you get a keeper!

Comment

Got to get to popping these!

Comment

Originally posted by ULMW View Post
                                The SS adds some structure and perhaps weight to the end results but it did not overpower the Congolese terpenes and African vibes. Happy Growing and I hope you get a keeper!
                                One of them has a strong lemon smell - not exactly like SS perhaps even more intense. I haven't got clones yet - fingers crossed for mid flower success.

Comment

Working...
                                X