No announcement yet.

Barney's Farm™ Dr Grinspoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 1/2 years ago I bought 4 female Dr Grinspoon seeds, I killed 2 seeds ( totally my fault) number 3 grew perfect. I still have one seed unopened. I also still have cuts growing from my first successful Grinspoon plant. It looks just like the previous photo. It took 14-15 weeks to flower, but after about 9-12 months of flowering clones they seem to be flowering faster, is that possible? I swear the last one only took around 10 weeks.

ive also made female crosses of the good Doctor with every thing I have.

I have a Durban x Grinspoon,
    (Durban x Grinspoon)x Grinspoon,
    Malawi x Grinspoon,
    (Durban x Cinderella 99) x Grinspoon,
    (Durban x Cindy 99)x Grinspoon x Grinspoon, (congo x Kwazulu)x Durban) x Grinspoon,
    OG lemon candy x Grinspoon,

I’m currently working on an 87.5% Grinspoon, 12.5%

I’m looking forward to crossing Grinspoon with a sweet seed Carmel Cream CBD and Diet Durban THCV.

As you can probably tell I really like Dr. Grinspoon from Barney’s Farm.

Thanks to Barney’s for creating it!
    Peace,
    Roy

Comment

Sorry that last one should have said,
      I’m currently working on an 87.5% Grinspoon, 12.5% Durban

Comment

That sounds like some of the most interesting work ive heard in a while... Id love to try some of that. The Durban, and Malawi Grinspoon and bxs... Probably tons of Thcv and uncommon terp combos in those..... Definitely nothing like that in the dispensary thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Young View Post
          That sounds like some of the most interesting work ive heard in a while... Id love to try some of that. The Durban, and Malawi Grinspoon and bxs... Probably tons of Thcv and uncommon terp combos in those..... Definitely nothing like that in the dispensary thats for sure.
          Hey Dr. Young,
          Thanks for your words.

I don’t think I mentioned here that all of my crosses are female.

I’m looking for people to test grow some of these, as long as you’re willing to do a weekly grow journal that I can post on my website.

Don’t get me started on my local dispensaries. Sativas are nearly impossible to find in my part of the states. Local shops just seem to sell strong, narcotic, indica. I always attributed this to the fact that Indica flowers so much faster, and faster is cheaper, but maybe I’m just being cynical. There are many faster flowering sativas but rarely do I see them for sale and I’d absolutely pay a premium for the time it takes to grow some nice, tropical, landrace plants.

I’ll get off my soap box and stop preaching.
          Peace ✌️

Comment

Originally posted by Passenger101 View Post

Hey Dr. Young,
            Thanks for your words.

I don’t think I mentioned here that all of my crosses are female.

I’m looking for people to test grow some of these, as long as you’re willing to do a weekly grow journal that I can post on my website.

Don’t get me started on my local dispensaries. Sativas are nearly impossible to find in my part of the states. Local shops just seem to sell strong, narcotic, indica. I always attributed this to the fact that Indica flowers so much faster, and faster is cheaper, but maybe I’m just being cynical. There are many faster flowering sativas but rarely do I see them for sale and I’d absolutely pay a premium for the time it takes to grow some nice, tropical, landrace plants.

I’ll get off my soap box and stop preaching.
            Peace ✌️
            Our local dispensaries are the same. If it isn’t a 52 day flower they won’t grow it. I think the goal is simply great smelling, looking and sometimes tasting weed with next to Jack for long lasting potency so they can get you buying a 1/4 plus a day to feel something. Keep those dollars cranking.

Comment

I just started germinating some of my 87.5% Grinspoon 12.5% Durban. I have to say I’m thinking the 75%/25% ratio plants may be just right. One pheno is like a thick Grinspoon with a richer citrus haze flavor it’s like a wonderful fruity cologne. I’ll post some pictures. Also the 50% Grinspoon, 25% Durban, 25% Cinderella 99 has cool buds and a very nice smell, like you can actually smell all three parents in the mix.

Also other than the strains I’ve already crossed, what would be some other cool fast flowering sativas or 75%+ sativas to cross Grinspoon with. I’m thinking Strawberry Cough, Sour Diesel, Maui Wowie, Chocolope just to mention afew.

Comment

Originally posted by Passenger101 View Post
                I just started germinating some of my 87.5% Grinspoon 12.5% Durban. I have to say I’m thinking the 75%/25% ratio plants may be just right. One pheno is like a thick Grinspoon with a richer citrus haze flavor it’s like a wonderful fruity cologne. I’ll post some pictures. Also the 50% Grinspoon, 25% Durban, 25% Cinderella 99 has cool buds and a very nice smell, like you can actually smell all three parents in the mix.

Also other than the strains I’ve already crossed, what would be some other cool fast flowering sativas or 75%+ sativas to cross Grinspoon with. I’m thinking Strawberry Cough, Sour Diesel, Maui Wowie, Chocolope just to mention afew.
                I guess that really depends on preference but if you wanted to stick more Sativa maybe Ace’s Panama or Nepal Sativa? The Kali mist phenos I ran were done in 11-12 weeks. For something more hybrid maybe Tangie, lemon skunk, ssh/slh? Bruce banner and GMO would be a little faster but still more upbeat.

I’d be curious to see your pics as well - Love my Grinspoon for solid daytime smoke that is clear headed and a real gentle come down. I would try and lean to keep it in that line and I think the Durban was a great call.

Comment

I've been growing 4 of this strains lately, at the beginning my aim was to run 2 of them, but as them didnt sprout within the 3 first days i soaked another 2, eventually all the seeds sprouted, i get 3 main phenos, the plants 2 and 3 seems to could be a keeper so im gonna try to revegetate them

This is Grinspoon 3

Click image for larger version

Name:	img (1).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	17958678

Name:	img (2).jpg
Views:	174
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	17958679

Name:	img (3).jpg
Views:	175
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	17958680

Comment

And Grinspoon 2, the one that i like the most by now

Name:	img (1).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	17958683

Name:	img (2).jpg
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	17958684

Name:	img (3).jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	17958685

Name:	img (4).jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	17958686

Name:	img (5).jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	17958687

Comment

Spectacular fenotrigo bud structure emerging! Are these from recent seeds? I'd say if you got 2/5 plants that look like that, it's a great hit rate. Congrats.

Comment

Ha ha! fenotrigo is a good spanish word to describe them

Yeah i bought the seeds this year, these two are the good ones, there is another one with very similar look to the Gs3 but with short internode and a bit more low yield, i find them easy to grow

Comment

Very nice. You did a great job!

I still have some seeds and my grow buddy is egging me on to attempt another grow. Your result is encouraging . . .
                          Current Grow: Showdown: Barney's Pink Kush vs Ultimate Pink Kush
                          Last Grow - Mixed Autos Is it Time for Show & Tell?
                          Arguing on the net is like yelling in space.

Comment

Thanks, these pics were taken at 70 day of flowering or so, in a 11/13 light cycle, the overall smell is sweet lemon mixed a bit with the classic weed odor, maybe with some hints of pine but im not sure about this, i'm quite bad at identify the odors
                            Last edited by chusss; 10-06-2021, 22:56.

Comment

Working...
                            X