What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
I haven't gotten to try orient express yet but am pretty exited to try it. I got 2 males and 1 female from the 5 pack so I might have some fun sifting through the progeny. This isn't the pollinated one, that one is in the other garden, I'll try and get a pick of it soon. I think Ill hit one branch on this with some Panama pollen since that's what I have coming up right now and it might be a fun cross.

Foggy420

Lookin good and pretty close. This was from last week so maybe next week.

picture.php

Chi13

ICMag Donor
6 week OE top of the plant, grown in an organic mix. The lower buds are a bit pointier. This is just a small plant I decided to grow to fill a hole (lol just 2 plants). Just starting to develop resin and smells of faintly sweet, wet, earthy, rainforest is best I can describe. Fan leaves are quite thin which doesn't really show in this pic. Quite a beautiful looking plant.
picture.php

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Chi13! :) A perfect example of the high yielding yet tamed in size OE pheno.
I like a lot the way she is finishing and you are dealing with her ;)

Looking good Foggy420 ;) Best wishes with yours also OfCourse :yes:

G

Hiya! Reviving the thread to show you guys my little Orient Express.

picture.php

picture.php

Day 12 of flower, 11L pot. Very vigorous and healthy overall. Pretty quick flowerer as well. I read they like a lot of nutes so I gave her a strong soil mix and she ate it all. Now I overdid it a little with the flower nutes but she'll be fine.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing pics of your Orient Express starting the flowering Magoluci :)

She indeed looks very healthy and happy, she is a China Yunnan pheno with slight sativa content. Keep the feeding strong from 3rd week of flowering until at least the 7th, Orient Express loves high levels of nutrients and rewards with high yields when properly fed.

G

Thanks for sharing pics of your Orient Express starting the flowering Magoluci :)

She indeed looks very healthy and happy, she is a China Yunnan pheno with slight sativa content. Keep the feeding strong from 3rd week of flowering until at least the 7th, Orient Express loves high levels of nutrients and rewards with high yields when properly fed.
Thanks for the advice, I will do just that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks :yummy: BenoitV1984 Your friend did a great job with your Vietnam Black Orient Express pheno, glad you are enjoying so much with her terpenes and effects.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks wonderful 5alamander ;) Not so high yielding like some OE phenos could be, but with great resins :yes: Glad the scents are appealing. What's the pollen donor ?

I'm unsure where the pollen came from, perhaps lingering in the environment or from an unseen pollen sac. An ACE variety for sure! The seeds are comically large and have an interesting purple tint to them. OE seems to have very dominant genetics and I'm excited to hunt for a hash-making phenotype.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
I've been hoarding a couple packs of Orient Express and one pack of China Yunnan for a few years now. The last China Yunnan plant I grew out was maybe the most unique plant I've ever had. It was so sticky, I couldn't tell if it was dry. Absolutely beautiful genetics that deserves to be the sole focus of any grow season regardless of other genetics growing.

Peace farmerlion

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much for your kind words farmerlion :huggy: Pleased to hear you liked pure China Yunnan so much.
China Yunnan has been successfully reproduced again in pure form in regular seeds so it will be re released January 2022!

rdc420

The cannabinoid lab reports on the ace website shows different THC:CBD ratios. The one lab report shows a high CBD chemovar and another high THC. dubi , can you please tell us which pheno was tested with high CBD?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rdc420, that a good question.

The CBD content comes mainly from China Yunnan. But Orient Express (Vietnam Black x China Yunnan) is already a F3 hybrid allowing good amounts of genetic recombination therefore relationship between morphological traits and chemotypes are not so evident in Orient Express, meaning that certain structure is not necessarily related with a specific phenotype.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome keijoko :) That's the classic OE structure and high yielding outcome for what OE is well know for:
vigorous, high yielding Vietnamese sativa dom, with short size and short flowering time from Chinese indica. :yes: