What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Iron_Lion said:
Beautiful plants grandad, and impressive trichome coverage. It's nice to see what NJ looks like when grown out doors, looks like they yeilded pretty well too.

To Charlie Garcia, is this a pretty common pheno? I'd like to give this pack another run sometime and hope this pheno pops up again.

Hello Iron Lion,

Yes it's a common pheno of the nepalese jam backcrossed line available for the past months. Thanks a lot for posting your nepalese jam harvest! :rasta:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Grandad said:
I had low temps and as you can see the colours turned out lovely.

Yes, she turned out lovely Grandad, grown to perfection. :smile: Thanks a lot for posting before chop her!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bluemoon_Funk said:
Sweet NepalJams guys!!! Gonna have to grap a pack of these and some Ace mix... Here's the closest thing I have to Nepalese Jam some Jamican '85 x Blueberry... Nice hybrid vigour outta these...
Peace
Bfunk

Great Bluemoon Funk :smile:

Is it from seed or clone? There's a 'famous' BB/Jamaican clone floating spanish mother rooms and gardens, very colorful and tasty, not the most powerful but a joy for any outdoor garden.

Blueberry is a lovely indica bred to outcross with pure sativas. Enjoy the harvest! :rasta:

rasjano

saludos dubi aca ya mejor de salud proxima a un tranplante una nepales jam cultivada aca en chile...saludos y os ire informando de como evoluciona :wave:

saludos

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Saludos rasjano,

Suerte con la nueva plantita! :rasta:

Good luck with your seedling! dubi

dubi said:
Great Bluemoon Funk :smile:

Is it from seed or clone? There's a 'famous' BB/Jamaican clone floating spanish mother rooms and gardens, very colorful and tasty, not the most powerful but a joy for any outdoor garden.

Blueberry is a lovely indica bred to outcross with pure sativas. Enjoy the harvest! :rasta:

Wow!!! Sexy lady u have there dubi...We found that Jamaican Blue out of a Cannabiogen mix pack...Will be putting a cpl outdoors soon.. Will let u guys know how they do....Have a pack of Ace mix in transit...
:jump:

peace
Bfunk

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola, NepJam lovers! :wave:

I have 7 Nepjam's 18 days into flower, two girls and five guys. Five of them were fast out of the gate, while two germed and grew slowly. I thought they were runts, but now I'm thinking they're just different phenos.
I have a female and male of both these smaller kind. I'm hoping Dubi/charlie might comment on them.

Here's the males:

The one in the round bucket isn't flowering as much as the others, slower to develop. The other four males have a purple tinge to the mature "balls", that the shorter pheno doesn't have (or hasn't shown yet).
The middle two are my favorites. Here they are profiled together. Sorry for the lighting. :redface:

Now my plan is to use each plant to pollinate a separate Neeple clone individually- 5 males, five clones. I would also like to pollinate selective branches on the Nepjam girls for f2's, as well as save some pollen for my Purple Peace I'll be running outside. They are 1/2 nepalese (X Viking).

I had to let the Neeple clones grow more, so they didn't go into flower til this last weekend. I'd like to wait 3 wks more before pollinating them, but will probably have to cull the males before that, tho I'm torn to watch them fully develop. I need the 'male' room for another breeding project. :confused:

Will report back w/ pics of the two girls once they've developed more.
Peace, HL

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good morning Highlighter,

Lovely Nepalese project you have there! :smile: We'd recommend you to select for the most vigorous, fast flowering, high yielding not lanky nepalese jam males. Please, keep us updated friend! :wink:

C

charlie garcia

Nice selection HL. I agree with Dubi 100% about best to select. Hybrid has potential to find really nice keepers ;)

best

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx for the reply, guys! :respect:

Well I brought a magnifying glass over to further inspect these guys, and the smaller one I was liking, (rd. pot) had a few pistils in the mix, and has been removed.
Wondering if there is an advantage to using the early-releasing pollen? Is there any general "rule" that the early pollen is more viable? I suppose it's all individual-plant orientated. :confused:
Anyway, I will try to hold off a wk before collecting and culling these boys. The Neeples won't be ready til the males are way past their prime.
Thanks for your interest in this project! Be back w/ some girlie shots in a few weeks! :D

C

charlie garcia

Hola HL

Some phenos of this hybrid turned to be very fast so doesnt represent anything strange at all. You can work on fast phenos, but Ill suggest to compare different males. As hybrid make up will tend and love to stretch when possible due its genetics, get some conclusions about average time they all perform and select small sizes.

I

Iron_Lion

SMOKE REPORT

Ace Seeds Nep Jam (Jamaican pheno)

Appearance: Deep green, nice crystal coverage, large red hairs, moderate density

Yeild: Jamaican pheno yeilded well, Nepalese pheno yeild could be improved.

Taste: Earthy, slightly floral

Smell: Hard to describe, not a strong odor while growing or dried, best I can come up with is a clean spicy scent.

Potency: I'd have to give it a 8.5-9 out of 10, a little bit goes a long way, its not a 1 hit quit but a small bowl will put you in a good spot.
Smoke / high: This is 100% sativa, it is a clean, up & happy high. Oddly enough it is very relaxing, alert, chilled out high, I can just sit for hours with the biggest smile on my face. This give no paranoia, no racing heart, just perfectly medicated with no drousyness. I get slight visual distortion and a floating head sensation. This weed is awesome for sex, my girlfriend isn't a big smoker, but she really likes this herb and it makes her horny as hell great sex has been had after smoking this stuff. This stuff is also nice for lisenting to music, put on something with heavy turntables and bass and your brain vibrate if that makes any sense. This weed is also good for socializing, great converations will be had after sharing a bowl with friends.

If I had to sum it up with one word, those Jamaicans have the right idea.

Irie

1.rastafarian cool, good, nice.
2. a state of peacefulness or harmony either with oneself or the world in general.

Overall I am very happy with this strain for me this is as close as it gets to the perfect high. I found it of moderate difficulty to grow. I found 2 phenos, this jamaican pheno and a purple bushy pheno that smells like buttered popcorn when dried. I havent smoked much of the nep pheno so I cant really report on her.

I give 5 stars to Ace Seeds for this one.

C

charlie garcia

Thx a lot for your smoke resport

Happy to know you are satisfized with results. Is not first time someone tells me about how good for sex some genetics turn out to be, really. Wish we knew exactly the trick of hehe but guess related to some euphoria effects while not feeling of rush or fear at all. Some genetics do the trick with its effect indeed.

Thats the concept of this hybrid. Not need to go to 16-18 weeks to catch some good sativa effects and yields and hybrid has great potential to find lovely keepers. Hope you found yours

many thx again for let us know your smoke report
best luck

G

Hi Charlie

I've found that sativas often make women very horny, I remember the Colombian Gold I grew a couple of years ago, a couple of my friends told me it made them very horney, had similar reports about other sativas too, maybe it's the mental stimulation part?

C

charlie garcia

I agree on sativas, but not all, some can be very nervious or anxious. A friend of mine asked me the same short ago, if I knew why or had ever noticed that, after smoking some of these sativa herbs so not only women. Guess goes with THC and cannabinoid profiles as THC is an exciting in fact but effect need a good modulation or a good balance to feel concentration as well... like tuning your brain... Euphoria, motivation, creativity, dreamy, mental clearness, wish to do things, are more related to sativa effects to me and are type of effects I have always loved... happy and social weed very confortable for daily smoke as well ;)

Some friends have always talked about positive feelings this Jamaican could produce as well ;) And nepalese as well produces a motivated sativa effect so hybrid couldnt be too wrong about this point. There are some weeds which are great to enjoy life activities in general. Hope next hybrid Jamaica/Panama coming soon goes in same direction on the type of effect side

Last edited:
G

Hi Charlie, yes, I totally agree on both point - that nto all sativas have this effect and that oit also affects men too. The El Yucateca Mexican I have often makes me horny, it's the energising effect with this one perhaps?

Guess goes with THC and cannabinoid profiles as THC is an exciting in fact but effect need a good modulation or a good balance to feel concentration as well... like tuning your brain... Euphoria, motivation, creativity, dreamy, mental clearness, wish to do things, are more related to sativa effects to me and are type of effects I have always loved... happy and social weed very confortable for daily smoke as well ;)

I agree with this 100%, you have said this very well, I also love sativas for these reasons, I don't smoke much indica, I don't like the sapping of energy, lethargy, laziness, I prefer to soar high than sink into the couch, although the latter is sometimes very fun!

There are some weeds which are great to enjoy life activities in general.

Again, I totally agree, I had a nice collection of such plants - Zamal x Neville's Haze, the El Yucateca, Actual sativa, Trainwreck, all these were ideal for activities, stimulating energy and creative thought!

I

Iron_Lion

charlie garcia said:
Thx a lot for your smoke resport

Happy to know you are satisfized with results. Is not first time someone tells me about how good for sex some genetics turn out to be, really. Wish we knew exactly the trick of hehe but guess related to some euphoria effects while not feeling of rush or fear at all. Some genetics do the trick with its effect indeed.

Thats the concept of this hybrid. Not need to go to 16-18 weeks to catch some good sativa effects and yields and hybrid has great potential to find lovely keepers. Hope you found yours

many thx again for let us know your smoke report
best luck

Good stuff my friend, the thing that makes thins strain even better is the short flowering time. Hats off to the breeders at Ace, I wasnt around to smoke the "old skool" strains but by what I've seen described by older people this would fit the bill.