What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

ToastedHoagie

Hi guys, first time posting.

Here's my Nepal Jam at a little over 4 weeks from seed, coming along very nicely. Second grow ever and first photoperiod I've worked with. Ace's selection definitely intrigued me, I have many more seeds in the wings but for now I'm looking forward to getting a nose off this flower in the coming weeks.

Attachments

• photo2104029.jpg
    photo2104029.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 80

olday

Veteran
Hi guys, first time posting.

Here's my Nepal Jam at a little over 4 weeks from seed, coming along very nicely. Second grow ever and first photoperiod I've worked with. Ace's selection definitely intrigued me, I have many more seeds in the wings but for now I'm looking forward to getting a nose off this flower in the coming weeks.

welcome and I think you picked a great one, wish I would have discovered Ace’s gear (and similar) long before I did. Keep us posted

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag and to our room ToastedHoagie :)

Thank you very much for choosing our genetics for your first photoperiod indoor grow.
Nepal Jam is super easy to grow and a great choice for beginners :yes: Please, keep us updated and let us know if you have any doubt.

Thanks also for your support ;) JoeBidensDiaper

Mountainkush

Hey Dubi
Haven’t posted in a while because I was frustrated with the new software but wanted to add a couple pics if I can make it work.

I started a Nepal jam and a snowmoon for my dad to grow last spring and also kept a couple clones of each to grow in my tent for him as well. This one was a little better yielding than the last two I grew and just as tasty. He loved them and he’s excited to grow more of your genetics this year.

I’m pretty excited to grow more of your seeds too. I have so many interesting ones to choose from thanks to your generosity that’s it’s going to be very hard to narrow it down for this next grow.

Attachments

• photo2104860.jpg
    photo2104860.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 87
  • photo2104861.jpg
    photo2104861.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 80

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dear Mountainkush so glad to hear from you, friend! :)
Yeah, the new website is a bit rare and somewhat frustating at the beginning with the pics and new interface, but after a while once gets used to it.

A pleasure to hear your dad enjoyed so much Nepal Jam and Snow Moon, both are genetics of very pleasant, comfortable, positive and kind effects.

All the best for 2022! :ying:

ToastedHoagie

Hey everyone

Rockin and rollin into week 3 of flower, she's very healthy. Super thick branching that is very strong. Snapped one of the two main tops after I took a dab in the morning, oops . Other than that no issues. Have some variegated leaves as well, super cool mutation!

Attachments

• photo2108911.jpg
    photo2108911.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 77
  • photo2108912.jpg
    photo2108912.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 87
  • photo2108913.jpg
    photo2108913.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 84
  • photo2108914.jpg
    photo2108914.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 81

@peace

Hey everyone

Rockin and rollin into week 3 of flower, she's very healthy. Super thick branching that is very strong. Snapped one of the two main tops after I took a dab in the morning, oops . Other than that no issues. Have some variegated leaves as well, super cool mutation!

Nice plant. I have a couple females with the variegated leaves as well at about the same stage of flower. Is that buckwheat that you are growing with it?

ToastedHoagie

Nice plant. I have a couple females with the variegated leaves as well at about the same stage of flower. Is that buckwheat that you are growing with it?

Yup! I have some red clover, hairy vetch and buckwheat along with some barley grass from my straw mulch on my topsoil. It's all cover crop.

@peace

ToastedHoagie. Cool stuff, I saw the clover but missed the other two. Any smells off of her yet? I still have trouble nailing mine down, they are somewhat sweet and floral with a hit of citrus but it is changing all the time.

ToastedHoagie

ToastedHoagie. Cool stuff, I saw the clover but missed the other two. Any smells off of her yet? I still have trouble nailing mine down, they are somewhat sweet and floral with a hit of citrus but it is changing all the time.

Nope, no nose off her yet, I'd guess within the next week or two she will start producing resin as she seems to be the nepalese pheno, looking forward to getting a whiff! I'd love to see yours if you ever get a chance to post them.

@peace

The first and last one are one plant and the middle two pictures are the other. I didn't top them as I am just using them to cross with. I am working on seeing if I can make a Malawi cross that can finish outdoors where I am with the mind melting effects of Malawi tamed down a bit by the NJ. The real interesting one is a really vigorous Malawi female that smells like limey carrots and has a stem rub that smell like cheesy carrots (from the purple Malawi line), that has been crossed to a really sweet smelling early flowering NJ male. I am really liking Ace, the Malawi and NJ are regs from the breeders packs. I'm just messing around with these crosses and they are only for personal use, might try one or two outdoors this season but mainly will focus on Bangi Haze and Green Mountain Grape outdoors to fill my jars until I understand the crosses better.

Attachments

• photo2109166.jpg
    photo2109166.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 91
  • photo2109167.jpg
    photo2109167.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 83
  • photo2109168.jpg
    photo2109168.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 79
  • photo2109169.jpg
    photo2109169.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 92

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome ToastedHoagie and @peace :wave: Glad to know you are both growing Nepal Jam at the moment.
Peace, thank you so much for your interest on exploring our Breeders Packs, really curious to learn more about what you are finding.

@peace

Hey dubi thank you for the welcome. I will work on getting more pictures as I go. I have only ran a pack of the F8 Nepal Jam and the Purple Line of the Malawi. I came down to two females and one really interesting male in the NJ. He was a bit smaller in structure than the others but his flower clusters were so dense and large that he looked like a female from a distance. He also flowered earlier than the other males and had a much sweeter smell whereas the other males almost had a bit of a mild rubbery sweet smell. For the females I picked the two most vigorous ones that I could find, all of them were very uniform with each other, these ones were just more vigorous and had better roots anytime they were repotted. The Malawi females have me the most excited. I found two that have the lime carrot smell at about 3.5 weeks flower now, both have decent branching which I want for outdoors, and are very sturdy plants. One is about a foot taller than the other though and this will likely be the one I explore the most. It was the smallest of all the Malawi I had, but I kept her because she always had the strongest roots. After getting into the 3 gallon pot it exploded and hasn't stopped. This female is very resinous which has me excited as my ultimate goal is to make pressed hash out of the crosses. I have another female that I would like the post soon in the Malawi thread to get some opinions on. It is the most extreme branching plant I have ever grown indoors and it is also very vigorous but doesn't have the resin levels of the others yet. When I get some good pictures I will get them posted.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @peace as you described, there are indeed very interesting high yielding males to be found in Nepal Jam line. Although i focus almost entirely on selecting for best terpenes, effects and resins on the female side of Nepal Jam selections, choosing always quality over yield on females, i still like to select such high yielding males of huge main cola structure since they reinforce vigor and yield from male side in an already very inbred line such as Nepal Jam.

ToastedHoagie

@peace Nice looking plants! Sounds like an interesting breeding project as well. We both have the same goal of making some hash, I'm planning on washing this nep jam to make some delicious bubble hash that will hopefully yield a decent amount of fullmelt goodness and the rest pressed into rosin :)

Hope all is well dubi

Latest posts

Latest posts