What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Nepal Jam Sativamane :) a really good example of the colorful Nepalese pheno i've been inbreeding the line for since the F6 4-5 years ago.

Thanks a lot for sharing your final outcome! Enjoy!

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
1.png
3.png
2.png
nepal jam in the middle of the tent. i had to take photo of her even this round is still in beginning. i'm happy with ace genetics. phenotype of her is weird, it has large and wide leaves. i haven't sampled her stem rub yet. going to be big lady for sure.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi wutwut,

The leaf curling upwards is a sign of excessive NPK, don't feed her again until the problem is fixed, and feed next gently since Nepal Jam doesn't need heavy feeding.

JustGrowing420

Nepal Jam Day 26 12/12, showing some very promising resin production and also looks very fast ripening, you can already see first withering pistils.

fetch

JustGrowing420

Looking great JustGrowing420 ;) It's the fast flowering and resinous Nepalese pheno. :yes:

Yes so it seems. Really low nutrient consumption also. Have grown it before so I know what to expect more or less, but it was years ago.

Last time my "keeper" pheno that I never cloned finished in just 45 days. I wanted a fast tasty functional smoke to go with my other strains so here we are!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
As you well know, Nepal Jam is perfecr for that JustGrowing420 ;) Yes, Nepal Jam (especially nowadays after more inbreeding) needs less nutrients than most strains to be happy.

JustGrowing420

Day 38 flowering photos of 4 plants:
the one from the previous post is the #2

nj1_top.JPG

nj1.JPG

nj2_top.JPG

IMG 5122

nj5_top.JPG

Aromas very interesting, not as sweet as I remember them.
Yield seems to be on the low side as well but is expected I think.
I have maybe fed these about 6 or 7 times their whole life with half dose and less and seem very healthy still.

JustGrowing420

Harvest time for first 2 of 4 total Nepal Jams on day 49-50:

#1: More creamy, caramelized, herbal smell, smooth and subtle

fetch

fetch

fetch

#2: Herbal as well but more piercing and aggresive, louder also.
When I say herbal I mean herbs like ironwort, sage, things like that.

fetch

fetch

Hope I don't forget a smoke report and some dry shots in the near future like so many others who slip into olbivion after harvest hahaha

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks yummy JustGrowing420 :yummy: Congrats on your Nepal Jam harvest!

Classic Nepalese pheno stabilized in latest generations: early, resinous, colorful, and with the signature honeyed caramelized terpenes of this strain. Enjoy! ;)

Elf777

I just got 10 regular nepal jam seeds from cannabiogen, but as far as I know, they are exactly the same as ace seeds, right? I hope to get the caramelized pheno, is there any way to recognize it? Any general tips to growing this strain? Thanks

JustGrowing420

I just got 10 regular nepal jam seeds from cannabiogen, but as far as I know, they are exactly the same as ace seeds, right? I hope to get the caramelized pheno, is there any way to recognize it? Any general tips to growing this strain? Thanks

Many phenos have the aroma blend in different amounts, some more some less.
Go very light on the nutes in general especially nitrogen.
I used 1/4-1/2 recommended dose until almost half of flowering, then little bit more.
Also veg for a good while as they are a bit slow and expect a medium-low yield.
Mine were vegged for 6 weeks.

Elf777

Many phenos have the aroma blend in different amounts, some more some less.
Go very light on the nutes in general especially nitrogen.
I used 1/4-1/2 recommended dose until almost half of flowering, then little bit more.
Also veg for a good while as they are a bit slow and expect a medium-low yield.
Mine were vegged for 6 weeks.

thanks!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Elf777 :)

ACE Seeds and Cannabiogen don't work together since over a decade ago so our common genetics (Nepal Jam, Bangi Haze, PCK and Panama) should differ at this point. I have worked Nepal Jam several generations since 2012 towards the fast flowering, colorful, resinous and terpy Nepalese pheno i like the most, this has been previously explained in detail in this thread.
You can find growing tips about each strain in our strain description > Additional Information > Growing Tips: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/nepaljamstd.html

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Smoked some buds still drying (need a day or two still) and damn I missed this taste.
It is as I remember it after all, just the aromas during earlier flowering seem more aggressive.
Very special taste to me, dubi you nailed it in the description, I don't have something more to add.
High is relaxing and somewhat active at the same time, focused, warm and positive state of mind.
Perfect daytime smoke for me.

Elf777

Smoked some buds still drying (need a day or two still) and damn I missed this taste.
It is as I remember it after all, just the aromas during earlier flowering seem more aggressive.
Very special taste to me, dubi you nailed it in the description, I don't have something more to add.
High is relaxing and somewhat active at the same time, focused, warm and positive state of mind.
Perfect daytime smoke for me.

Sorry what description do you mean? The one dubi provided in the last link?

Elf777

Welcome Elf777 :)

ACE Seeds and Cannabiogen don't work together since over a decade ago so our common genetics (Nepal Jam, Bangi Haze, PCK and Panama) should differ at this point. I have worked Nepal Jam several generations since 2012 towards the fast flowering, colorful, resinous and terpy Nepalese pheno i like the most, this has been previously explained in detail in this thread.
You can find growing tips about each strain in our strain description > Additional Information > Growing Tips: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/nepaljamstd.html

Sorry I didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.

JustGrowing420

After 4 (!) long days in jars, just smokeable and already amazing.
Pheno #2 has more full bodied taste that coats your mouth some, not a fat layer of taste like some strains do but very pleasing.
Pheno #1 has the exact same taste but more faint, I find this a little lacking at this stage, hope some lasts to be cured so I can judge better.
Two more plants to go down in a couple of days.

Another note: seems a good bit more potent than last time I grew it about 5 years ago, good good!

Some dry buds I shot real quick:

Enjoy!

Last edited: