What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
tan said:
Hi Medical_shed, did you start them with 12/12 from seed?

And Dubi, do you think it would be a good idea to flower them an extra month if I skip veg? because yeild is not important to me...

I'm flowering equatorial sativas at the moment and would love to put some Nepjams in the growroom which is already at 12/12.

thanks in advance,

Good day tan

I wouldnt recommend flower Nepalese Jam straight to 12/12 from seed. It would produce very small 'toy' kind of plants.

It could work with very tropical long flowering sativas like hazes and pure thais but Nepalese Jam switches fast to flowering and reaches sexual maturity early.

She must be grown for at least 5 weeks to produce a strong vegetative structure, base for a correct flowering.

I hope it helps.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres some Nepalese Jam ive from ACESEEDS ive got going indoor atm.
I dont think they would be able to finish outside here end Denmark 56 N latitude, but ill try with some clones for experimenting.

img00142bc0.jpg

Its NJ in the middle

img00152aj5.jpg

Here NJ is to the left ( they are only smaller than the other plants to the right because they are younger)

img0006gl4.jpg

Heres some Nepalese highland

Also im thinking to cross Nepalese highland or Nepalese Jam with a local Nepalese strain here that has been acclimatized for northern climate, but i dont think its quite as potent as the NJ or NH, but sometimes thats the price we pay for making exotic strains and crosses able to grow and finish here.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day Gunnar,

Not sure Nepalese Jam can finish at 56N, but you can try to flower her for first month indoors and then move her outside and let her flower outdoors a few weeks after summer solstice.

Crossing Nepalese Jam with local acclimatized strains is a good choice to try to adapt the genetics to your zone.

Thanks a lot for share it. Best wishes!

dubi - ACE Seeds -

Rockster

Lovely strain is Nepalese Jam.

Has 2 distinct pheno's,a tall classic sat that takes after the Jamaican daddy and takes around 11 weeks,and the other is more like the Nepalese momma that finishes in a reliable 9 weeks which is great for a sat/sat hybrid methinks.

I found her totally zero anxiety and maybe good for those who can feel a bit spooked by some sativa strains.

A lovely incense taste too.

Just missed dubi at Spannabis a coupla weeks ago which was a real shame as I really wanted to say hi.

Some of those pics of dubi's are from one of my grows as it appens!

I'm on my second lot of Bangi Haze atm,another lil gem from ACE.

Conno-sewer pot!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Rockster said:
Lovely strain is Nepalese Jam.

Has 2 distinct pheno's,a tall classic sat that takes after the Jamaican daddy and takes around 11 weeks,and the other is more like the Nepalese momma that finishes in a reliable 9 weeks which is great for a sat/sat hybrid methinks.

I found her totally zero anxiety and maybe good for those who can feel a bit spooked by some sativa strains.

A lovely incense taste too.

Just missed dubi at Spannabis a coupla weeks ago which was a real shame as I really wanted to say hi.

Some of those pics of dubi's are from one of my grows as it appens!

I'm on my second lot of Bangi Haze atm,another lil gem from ACE.

Conno-sewer pot!

Hello Rockster,

It was a pitty we couldnt meet at Spannabis Fair, you know, saturday was a crazy day there! So many people, so much ganja :rasta:

Im glad to hear you are still enjoying Nepalese Jam, Bangi Haze is another good one! :wink: Thanks for stopping by! dubi - ACE Seeds -

tan

Hi Dubi, I have a very important question I forgot to ask.

Is odor control a must? I'll be pheno hunting and removing all the ones with strong odors, so will that constrict me to the Jamaican phenos only? Because the Nepalese phenos are the ones I want to keep...

I wouldn't want my neighbors to walk into my backyard and smell the scent of cannabis (my plants are in the basement nearby).

MedicalShed said one pheno could stink up the street. :nono:

It's like a Sour-Diesel.

But are they all like that? and what's the percentage.

Would I mistakenly end-up culling all the good phenos?

Thanks

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day tan,

New Nepalese Jam is original Nepalese Jamaican F1 hybrid backcrossed to same nepalese line, she produces mainly nepalese dominant phenos, robust and thick plants, you wont find many tall low smelling jamaican expressions. Honestly, they are not low smelling plants but wont stink excessively like (for example) skunk hybrids.

Best wishes. dubi

tan said:
Hi Dubi, I have a very important question I forgot to ask.

Is odor control a must? I'll be pheno hunting and removing all the ones with strong odors, so will that constrict me to the Jamaican phenos only? Because the Nepalese phenos are the ones I want to keep...

I wouldn't want my neighbors to walk into my backyard and smell the scent of cannabis (my plants are in the basement nearby).

MedicalShed said one pheno could stink up the street. :nono:

It's like a Sour-Diesel.

But are they all like that? and what's the percentage.

Would I mistakenly end-up culling all the good phenos?

Thanks

M

medical_shed

Got to say the smaller nep dom pheno has a very manageable smell and is more common too I found the nep one smells more while drying than growing. I still can't get over the stink of the other one :headbange

Here are some budshots from the stinker

This girl had a very strong yeasty coffee choco lcorice type smell when she was chopped it cured into more of an earthy foresty coffee kind of thing. Thing I noticed about both phenos is the incredible smooth creamy tasting smoke that just gets better and better and obviously the powerful euphoric high, not for lightweights.

Top notch weed :joint:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
medical_shed said:
Here are some budshots from the stinker

This girl had a very strong yeasty coffee choco lcorice type smell when she was chopped it cured into more of an earthy foresty coffee kind of thing. Thing I noticed about both phenos is the incredible smooth creamy tasting smoke that just gets better and better and obviously the powerful euphoric high, not for lightweights.

Top notch weed :joint:

Hello Medical Shed,

Im glad to hear you are enjoying first Nepalese Jam dried flowers!

Yes, taste is creamy, 'crystalline' but smooth and soft at the same time, smoke is clean and powerful but not agressive.

Thanks for share your first smoke reports! :smile:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Iron_Lion said:
Here's a few pics of one of my Nep Jams, I like her the best for her color.

Lovely Iron Lion! :smile: Enjoy the harvest! Thanks for keep us updated.

dubi - ACE Seeds -

I

Iron_Lion

dubi said:
Lovely Iron Lion! :smile: Enjoy the harvest! Thanks for keep us updated.

dubi - ACE Seeds -

Thanks for the kind words. I'll keep you updated.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Amazing pics Iron!!

Where did this blue color came from?? I grew 2 Jamaica 85' and one of them go blue! Dubi, does any of your's Nepal lines take colors?

Un abrazoo!

I

Iron_Lion

Ras Pablo said:
Amazing pics Iron!!

Where did this blue color came from?? I grew 2 Jamaica 85' and one of them go blue! Dubi, does any of your's Nepal lines take colors?

Un abrazoo!

Thanks for the kind words my friend, I think the blue/purple color came from colder night time temps. The other pheno that I have did not purple at all, that lady is definitely unique. I'll post more pics.

I

Iron_Lion

Whole plant pic, notice the weird growth pattern and no central cola.

And the other pheno

C

charlie garcia

Those are Nepal shorter phenos with darkest leafes and more rounded buddies. Strange how didnt flower in the top but nice results below anyway. Hope its smoke is interesting. Some NepalJam turned to be quite potent indeed :)

Any blue color comes from "old fat ass" Jamaican. Those dark leaves come from Nepal side

Best luck

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

Grandad said:
I had low temps and as you can see the colours turned out lovely.

Beautiful plants grandad, and impressive trichome coverage. It's nice to see what NJ looks like when grown out doors, looks like they yeilded pretty well too.

To Charlie Garcia, is this a pretty common pheno? I'd like to give this pack another run sometime and hope this pheno pops up again.

C

charlie garcia

well thats the shortest pheno and most compact of all. Hybrid likes to stretch a bit sometimes and is hard to keep it short but when it comes, is like that Iron Lion. We have seen how hybrid can overload in yield when outcrossed getting great results.

Bluemoon Funk, lovely sights. Is always same old jamaican but thats a different age hybrid from late 90's. Very tasty and balanced. Maybe not all that potent could be but lovely aromas. There are 2 dif versions, Jamaican/Blueberry and Jamaican/BB x Nigeria. I think yours is first one for the look. Ppl here love an old cut which is been around for years

Thx for chiming on. Hope you are enjoying it

best amigos

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts