What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

P

Peacer

Neat, thanks for the info. I don't think I would have attempted it without somebody saying they had done it successfully before.

I'm curious, can a plant be a decent mother after flowering and re-vegging or does it sort of mess up the flowering capacity of the clones for the rest of its life?

I figure even if it means she won't ever flower quite right again, I can still use her to make some seeds. I really am impressed with this plant. She has a tall open columnar structure with huge wide bladed fan leaves. The branch tips are covered in medium sized dense, frosty nugs and she's still weeks from finish. The most impressive thing about this girl is how tough and fast growing she is. She really sticks out, even in a room full of winners.

Assuming the final product is half as good as it looks, she's definitely worth a re-veg attempt.

my experiences are good, but it depends on time and quality they need ! and next thing is genetic background. but so and so - few times Ive had revegged CUT FROM mother , when she had lot of time to grow normal again, she will do THE SAME YIELD AND QUALITY i swear . but must be carefull job, you must use bigger and bigger pots and light intensity. but dont have experiences with mother plants as they as, everytime Ive made cuts little bit late when they start to flower, so it was from rooted cut there is less problems then...this nepalese jam roots not very good, but once shes fit, its fast and resistant genetic as youve experienced ,-) still fems on shop if this way couldnt be done

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Usually sativas re veg better than indicas, some indicas produce smaller yields after re vegging but most sativas perform better the process.

The plant will remain the same and will have the same (good or bad) potential when you pollinate her to produce seeds (their genes remain the same before and after the revegging process), but her hormonal state maybe is not the same after re vegging hence the next flowering cycles are not so abundant in yield.

Try to veg her back strongly before flower her again, with strong vigorous branches, leaves of at least 5-7 leaflets, without rest of flowers from past flowering, etc ....

iboga

Help 35 days

Help 35 days

I need advice.

Have been flowering for 35 days now and my test plant of nepjam seems to be nearly done is this possible the other plants are 60 day plants and they have only just started to brown as you can see in pics. should i be flushing it?

The Hatter

Veteran
I have a very fast flowering Nep Jam myself, and it looked pretty mature at just over a month into flower also but just like yours it needs more time.

The buds will continue to swell and frost up so it's worth letting them go longer. I'm approaching the 8 week mark on my own now and its finally starting to look like its really time.

What are you judging their readiness by? The usual trichome test?

It's a good rule of thumb but you really have to look at the plant as a whole. The ratio of the trichs on my Nep Jam haven't actually changed much in the last 3 weeks since I first witnessed them clouding up and started to see the first ambers. The trichs have become fatter and more numerous since then but the ratio of clear to cloudy has only changed slightly. It looks about 50% cloudy, 5% amber, 45% clear at the moment. Three weeks ago the cloudy and clear ratios were reversed with similar numbers of amber. The rest of the plant has however changed radically with the buds swelling considerably, the big fan leaves are yellowing now in addition to some burgandy/red colors appearing on many of the leaves and even in the buds. Many more pistols have browned also. Although her trichs have changed little I can tell from the rest of the plant that she's now finally getting close to done.

The Hatter

Veteran
When you decide to harvest also depends on the effect you are chasing. The more immature the plant is when cut, the more up, clear and racy the effect tends to be but with less depth, sedation and overall potency. If you cut them really early it definitely hurts their potency and yield considerably although they will still have a nice effect. I found that out when I had to take one down to keep within the rules at about 3 or 4 weeks.

I personally like very clean, motivating effects so I plan on taking my Nep Jam pretty early. A person chasing a more rounded and complex effect would likely let them go a week or two longer than I would.

Long story made short, I would wait at the very least another 3-4 weeks to cut them down. Depending on how you want to do the flush, that means waiting at least a week to start the flushing process and that would be for a fast finishing pheno harvested intentionally early for a more racy sativa effect.

With a slow finishing pheno and desiring a more matured effect you might be looking at another 3 weeks or more until you need to flush.

iboga

started the flush yesterday checked trichs mostly cloudy a few amber gona flush for a week or so see what happens but its done i belive..:thank you:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi iboga :)

There are very early Nepal Jam pheno to be found in the line. Earliest usually finish in 8 weeks, looks like yours are very close to finish, flush them correctly and enjoy your well deserved flowers ;)

The Hatter

Veteran
I just wanted to add to this thread that Nep Jam has a lot of potential for medical use, or at least it has worked well for me. It's the only pure sativa I have found that actually works decently for pain and spasms. Usually you are stuck with disorientating and dopey indicas if you want any pain relief so I was pleasantly surprised to find my crushed disk hurting less after eating some Nep Jam brownies.

It's great for nausea and gut cramps also, and seems to lift depression a bit as well. It's rare to find a sativa that helps much with body issues like pain so I thought I would mention it here for those who want pain relief but don't like the stoney impairment caused by most indicas. I should add that Nep Jam is uplifting like you would expect from a typical sativa but it is bit spacey and dreamy as well potent, so it might not be a good choice for using heavy machinery etc.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Im glad Nepal Jam is working well for your medicinal needs :)

Thanks for share your experience.

P

Peacer

do you plan feminised version again ?
ps have you older seeds when it was 50% jamaican ? its more delicates pheno, i want to find again that sweeter stronger pheno with rock buds :ying:

The Hatter

Veteran
ps have you older seeds when it was 50% jamaican ? its more delicates pheno, i want to find again that sweeter stronger pheno with rock buds :ying:

Although its hard to tell without photos, I think the pheno you are talking about can still be found. The winner out of my last grow was a Nep Jam that was very stretchy with dense frosty buds and it looked heavily Blue Mountain influenced compared to most of the Nep Jams I have seen posted. The fan leaves were huge on the thing. It was a branchy candelabra shaped plant that ended up second in height only to my Destroyer although more columnar and stocky in structure with shorter branching. I wish I had gotten clones. It was a very fast grower that produced strong, sweet bud with some almost fuel-like overtones in the end although the aromas are still changing now in cure. Pretty good producer just due to the sheer size of the plant. Medium sized but dense banana shaped buds on the tips of each branch. Even the lower buds were thick and frosty although smaller.

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Is that strain suitable for a 50N° lat grow? Was wondering if I should buy some of the NJ seeds. They seem to be very nice :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hola Peacer,

Nepalese Jam fem will be released as soon as possible, selection based one that early flowering sweet tasting nepalese pheno.

The Hatter

Veteran
I am growing out the rest of my Nep Jam seeds in hopes of finding a mother plant similiar to the champ from last grow but it appears that the pheno I had isn't a particularly common one. I believe from looking at the photos of Blue Mountain Jamaican and Caribe that I had a Jamaican leaning phenotype. It had a lot more space between the nodes and grew faster and taller than the rest. It had these huge fan leaves that looked just like the Blue Mountain photos as well.

How common are the more Jamaican leaning plants? I really loved that plant.

Terroir

So

4 neps , turned to 2 females.

GReasy sticky buds. Very apealing for outdoor. PLants were small, new groing technique and urban guerilla spot made for tough growing. HAd
months with out rain then it rained every day for the first 30 days in flower and had a month of warm , exteme uv sunshine and extereme humidity.

NOt the strongest shit out there (especially compared to one pheno of b haze) good yield potential if bigger plants. Started flowering 25th january or 5 weeks after sumer solstice .

WEith out a doubt the best thing going for nep jam is its quality of high. 100% good times, relaxing but still in the head. Great smoke. would have sold for 3900pp if sold in lbs.

need4weed

Veteran
are the nepjam really slow at the beginning to form decent size buds? i am 1 month into flowering and the budsites are no bigger than a thumb nail whilst my other strains that are with them are the size of golf balls and apples.......do these kick into gear at a certain time in flowering????

The Hatter

Veteran
At 4 weeks that's only a little behind where mine usually are at that point. It's a fast sativa but fast indica dominants still bulk up quicker than it if that's what you are comparing them to. Nep Jam doesn't tend to have huge buds but rather it has medium sized frosty bandana shaped buds tipping each branch.

At the end of my last grow the plants top branches produced 3-5 inch long buds that were about an inch or inch and a half thick with the exception of the main cola which was about double that. I got close to 3 ounces off of one plant. It was my second best producer out of 4 strains but its the one I chose to grow again because I just really like the effects.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Two female NepJams just starting out. Strong vegging plants - I topped them to try and get em to stop going vertical with minimal result. Going to be a large pair of plants.

picture.php