What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

W

Whatever

Dubi...those NepJam F2's, not back cross, I got about a year back are finally getting popped...all of em...heh heh. I gave them to a med buddy and has freedom to run plants outdoors without worry. He's really excited about the cross and will try and get you some pics over time cause he's not registered here.

BlackBart

Veteran
Greetings Charlie and Dubi , I am much interested in growing your naplese/Jam this summer 44N I usually start my seeds the second week of april and plant the second week of May. I have until the second week of october for a harvest time . Do you think this strain will make it in my neck of the woods ? Best ragards , BlackBart

C

charlie garcia

Can be done Blackbart as most must finish early enough. For the rest you know depends on weather as well to get some nice crop but for the dates and location, guess can be done succesfully

best

Limeygreen

Veteran
Welcome Chaman :smile:

It's great to see you around bro. Temps are critical for seed germination, especially for old tropical seeds, 20ºC is many times not enough high, 25-30ºC are usually better temps for germination.

I had a germ chamber I gerry rigged before using a cooler without the top on depending on the temperature, and a incadescent bulb with a clamp. I could clamp the bulb so it was inside the chamber and then leave it open on top if needed be, if not put the top on and if the humidity was low I would just put a towel over top of it. This worked well with things like citrus, ebony etc a lot of tropical tree seeds. I'm sure something like a Chicken egg incubator would work just as well but prehaps better because the heat comes from the bottom rather than the top.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just had my hands on some Endless Sky
i think it could give a good cross with Nepalese Jam

as either Nepalese Sky or Endless Jam

eventhoug i didnt get to do the planned cross with the outdoor nordic nepal last year i think NJ is perfect suited for crosses
also mixed with an indica for high potency, yield and fatter buds
the NJ's good yield, potency and short flowering times makes it a sure candidate for crosses and esp sativa/indica hybrids

i think the NJ needs to be crossed with an earlier outdoor strain to finish here but theres many good to choose from
and for indoor crosses theres many options also to get a good yielding potent cross with a good finishing time

i can warmly recommend the NJ and im happy to have her in the stable for future breeding

need4weed

Veteran
I pesonally cant see the logic in crossing strains like endless sky and nep jam as e/sky is a combination of 3 or 4 strains and nj is a f1 hybrid.
It would be a lot of work to stabilise both lines and produce true p1's and then select for desired traits.
crossing strains like this would just be a cluster fuck of geneticts(the dutch have all ready done this for us)
The hard work has all ready been done for us from these breeders, so strains like this should be enjoyed AS IS

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I pesonally cant see the logic in crossing strains like endless sky and nep jam as e/sky is a combination of 3 or 4 strains and nj is a f1 hybrid.
It would be a lot of work to stabilise both lines and produce true p1's and then select for desired traits.
crossing strains like this would just be a cluster fuck of geneticts(the dutch have all ready done this for us)
The hard work has all ready been done for us from these breeders, so strains like this should be enjoyed AS IS
i have no plans for further breeding it
just grow the seeds out and look for a potent high yielding mother with low flowering time, so im not looking for consistency in that cross but only a good mother to use for clones in my indoor grow room

but since you mention it
Endless sky is an f1 between 2 strains
nep jam is back crossed to the Nepalese highland again so its more 75% NH and 25% Jam
but as said before it doesnt matter much on the other hand it just increases my changes of finding a mother with just the traits i want

btw
im not the AS IS kinda guy
im innovative, esp if i see as good genes as Nep Jam.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
i just had my hands on some Endless Sky
i think it could give a good cross with Nepalese Jam

as either Nepalese Sky or Endless Jam

eventhoug i didnt get to do the planned cross with the outdoor nordic nepal last year i think NJ is perfect suited for crosses
also mixed with an indica for high potency, yield and fatter buds
the NJ's good yield, potency and short flowering times makes it a sure candidate for crosses and esp sativa/indica hybrids

i think the NJ needs to be crossed with an earlier outdoor strain to finish here but theres many good to choose from
and for indoor crosses theres many options also to get a good yielding potent cross with a good finishing time

i can warmly recommend the NJ and im happy to have her in the stable for future breeding

Good day Gunnarguchi,

I think you have good eye for nepalese jam breeding potential. She makes great crosses with both sativas and indicas. Im glad to see she's useful for your breeding projects and garden motivations.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Good day need4weed,

Nepalese Jam is a backcrossed line and reacts quite uniformly when outcrossed, maybe crossing Nepalese Jam to a hybrid is not the best way to find a uniform result but could be very fun for home breeding and growing.
Uk growers crossed nepalese jam to orient express and they have been enjoying the results of this poly hybrid in many many gardens.

slim dog

hey dubi, thank for the great genetic!! I just got me a pack of nj. and got 5 seed sprouted.hoping for a male or 2, so i can dust my kali mist, purple kush. or would it better with my satori since it has also carry landrace genes. which I heard it from some where in nepal also?

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Slim dog, Purple Kush x NepalJam and Kali x NepJam will be increible crosses for sure!

Best luck with them!:dueling:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Just curious, I thought NJ and ES are already stable strains so if you had a real nice male/female of each couldn't you cross them and expect to have a stable strain from them... that is, in order to breed successfully two stable strains does it then require growing out the seeds and keep isolating the traits you like the most? I was just under the impression that only if the strains were "unstable" already you would have to further work them.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hey dubi, thank for the great genetic!! I just got me a pack of nj. and got 5 seed sprouted.hoping for a male or 2, so i can dust my kali mist, purple kush. or would it better with my satori since it has also carry landrace genes. which I heard it from some where in nepal also?

Welcome slim dog,

We are very happy that growers are motivated to use nepalese jam line for their own crosses.

Yes Ras, A good purple kush cross sounds good althought im not familiarized with that concrete purple kush plant. Im a big Kali mist fan so if you ask me :wink:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello
A nepxjam ((nepxjam)xjam) at 7 weeks. Seems to be ready earlier than 9-10weeks. Can't wait to smoke

Good day ker2noir, :smile:

It's great to see you back posting! Lovely matured nepalese jam, dense, resinous and early, looks strong!

Hope you enjoy your first Nepalese Jam tokes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran