What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

Sunshineinabag

Glad to feel your excitement about this new sativa release nepalnt21 :) Thanks for your kind words.

There are so many variables and terpenes affecting to the effects in cannabis that i think that to make statements for only 2 terpenes regarding effects without considering the rest is missing the whole picture, and i don't think we are so advanced at this point to fully understand how the simphony and synergy of terpenes and cannabinoids work in humans, the subjectivity and complexity of cannabis effects makes it even more difficult, but certainly i agree that the terpene profile of New Caledonia is very very interesting (i perfectly knew this before know the lab results) and play a big role in what makes this sativa so special. I also love sativas with high terpinolene content.

Whether New Caledonia is our best sativa for 'mood uplifting effects' is still too early to say, especially when ACE is offering so many good sativas with these kind of effects, and it also depends a lot also on each smoker preference and body chemistry, but without any doubt it's my 'new favorite' for this type of effects, i'm also excited to know what other growers will think about it after experiencing this new sativa release.

Sure, i will do it as soon possible. I already finished my New Caledonia jars here at home and the current covid situation doesn't allow me to move much and meet my colleagues in person to get more, ouch!

Hi Benoit,

That was not the plan, the New Caledonia release contains a mix of seed lots from all the most remarkable females, but if you send us an email before placing your order we will attend your request :yes:
What's being conveyed here is soooo important to proper medications person to person. I gotta figure out my fav terpenes. Can u help?

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Two beans in the dirt of the regular version 1! I'm absolutely stoked. Seeds are quite large from this strain....I've been intrigued by this one ever since dubi first casually mentioned it a year or two back so it's really cool to finally get my grubby mitts on a pack...thank you to Real Gorilla for a super speedy delivery. :)

Still waiting on the other two orders from Mandala with packs of version 2....fingers crossed!

Timing should be good as my Red Sapphire will be done in a week or two, same with my Zamaldelica fem, and my fifth try at CBG Punto Rojo is once again probably male so he got yanked from the flower room this morning.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TexasTea, glad you already got your New Caledonia seeds from Real Gorilla :)
I'm eager to know others opinion about this new sativa heirloom.

romanoweed

I think its cool, the Style is so sweet, wich is an important Feature IMHO. Very exotic. Hmm, im searching since long, and im also picky, searching old Stuff. Old Lines seem to have bit more Depth, or more calm IMHO.
Style is sweet, and would i have money left would shure grab one Pack.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Thx for the great customer service. Was asking for seeds from fem#23 and #33 and got a five pack of each. You are the best:thank you:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Just my pack of v2 yesterday, but will have to wait awhile before trying them. My v1 seedlings both sprouted and look vigorous. :)

OZZ_

Veteran
As usual, excellent write up and amazing detail in your descriptions. This right here is what makes ACE one of the best! Taking the time to outline their processes and the hows and whys as to how they do their selections is invaluable. I really appreciate this level of transparency!

So much so I just ordered a pack of these, along with a few other ACE goodies from real gorilla seeds (In the US).

I don’t *need* them.... but how can I resist!?? :biglaugh::angelshug::headbange

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Cuties. :)

Attachments

• photo2025907.jpg
    photo2025907.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 57

OZZ_

Veteran

Hmmmmm seems Im having trouble posting GIFs and pics with the new layout. Now I can’t seem to delete this post.

Regardless, best of luck with them TT.... can’t wait to see the show!

Attachments

• photo2025970.gif
    photo2025970.gif
    2 KB · Views: 73

chilliwilli

Waterboy
We can differentiate 2 subgroups or phenotypes among the main tropical sativa population: a slightly wider leaf phenotype, not so serrated, among which we find more productive and faster flowering plants, better adapted to indoors (yet 100% sativa), of very rich and more refined terpenes overall, sweet, ripe tropical fruits, floral, musky, lemony scented. There is another tropical sativa phenotype with much more serrated leaves, on average less productive, less resinous, slower in flowering, with much softer woody scents, and not so interesting herbal-geranium type of terpenes.

Hi dubi
can u tell us a little about the effect the 2 subgroups have, do they differ at some degree?

Did u use both subgroups in the breeding?

It sounds like subgroup 1 is the one to look for, better smell/terp content, faster flowering and better yield.

Thx chilliwilli

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome friend :) I'm the one who must thank you for supporting this new pure sativa release.

That's a good question. I didn't find the most serrated expressions as interesting in flowering as the not so much serrated first described group.
To answer accurately, most of the selected reproduced females belong to my favorite tutti fruity lemony group, a few very serrated females were also reproduced, but not as many as the first group.
We even find one extremely long flowering female that after 5 months didn't flower, but that one was extremely rare (1 %) and was discarded.

Thx for the great customer service. Was asking for seeds from fem#23 and #33 and got a five pack of each. You are the best:thank you:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great news TexasTea ;) Glad you received both New Caledonia seed versions safe and sound :yes:

Love to see the seedlings already growing. I think you are the first one in the forums to germinate and show the New Caledonia, isn't ?

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
They are thriving dubi...already in 12/12 and are getting a little bigger. They are in 2 liter pots for now and I will up pot when the stretch is over. I would like to try to nurse these along without having them run out of steam as often happens with my plants...they often start to yellow up from the bottom too soon for my liking.

Doctor M

Dubi I see you are still bringing exciting new strains to market. This is why Ace is one of the only places I would deal with in an industry full of closet hacks.

keep up the good work my friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts