What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Trying to explain the complex aromas of this plant is a little like trying to explain the taste of breadfruit to someone who has never tasted it. Fruity, musky, candy like flavors with distinct floral notes. All familiar qualities, but somehow in their own distinctive combination. And that's just the earliest still wet flower test. :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's great to see and hear TexasTea :) Thanks God, you won't find Bubba, Peyote or Cookies in the early flowering NC II, although it certainly has some indica genetics and hence i classified NC II as a balanced sativa/indica hybrid. The good thing of NC II (beside finishing in just 9 weeks or so) is that it also captures many good terpenes and even the desirable effects of the pure sativa NC release, although not so ceilingless, with a bit more of body, yet super pleasant smoke, both in terpenes and effects. Very happy you are starting to find the candy, fruity, floral and musky more refined terpenes i love from this line. :)

The pure sativa NC is looking glorious ;) showing great flower/leaf ratio, big trichomes and strong resin production of the bracts that i selected for. The pure sativa NCs have mild aromas during most of the flowering, but the best ones (regarding terpenes) suddenly become quite stinky (in a pleasant way) when ripening their last reflowering. Your pure sativa NC looks a bit hungry, with a bit more of feeding she will probably continue to extend the flowering process with more reflowerings and with more 'of her good things'.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks Dubi. Yes, I haven't been paying too much attention to my indoor garden lately and so she's yellowing up quickly. Once they get like this nothing ever seems to turn them around for me. But I will give her a big slug of organic goodies tomorrow.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
@15d 11/13. first sings of sex was with 12days. One was a male and got cut down.

20210611_235216~2.jpg

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
I got 5 nc#33 sprouting and have the 2 biggest still in veg. Will flip them with the 2 balochistan# males in a few days. I have an extra tent for them. If one turns out female i can put it in my bloomroom.
They will have plenty of room since i will cut my c5 x kc and western winds soon because i'm loosing the battle against the spidermite. But first i got some workers at the place and i have to wait for that to builde up the tent again.

Podenco

chilliwilli Spidermites are nasty. For me predatory mites worked well at very low infestation rates. I saw a few and flooded my box with predatory mites (of good quality) and I did not see any spidermites after that.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Yes i like them too but i prefere crysoperla carnea because the need no specific rh% to work good. But i'm not sure they made the problem in the first place that time. I got them from a growshop and not from the original shop i usual buy from and 3 weeks after application i first noticed more than the thripse damage i always got. One seedling was affected the worst and got culled but the others already had it.

For the predatoey mites i'm already thinking of breeding my own. The right ones can(f.e. a.swirskii) feed on pollen and some guys in the swiss growforum already did this. I heard once that the mite sachets need some spider mites in them because the predator mites are used to their common foodsource but i will give it a try. I hope if i send enough on a weekly death marsh some get hungry on pests again:D

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Right now i test a mix of 0.4g campher crystal+0.13g menthol crystal+0.3g thyme oil(ct thymol)+ 0.3g orange oil+ 1g diatomaceous earth+ 2.8g potassium soap+ 5g sesame oil per liter as foilar. I tested this mix on my veg plant and they look unharmed after first application.

Podenco

Sounds good. Indeed when you have thrips that already causes tiny white damage specks on leaf it is easy to forget checking for spider mites. I get away with "the standard predatory mites" cause my room RH is pretty high. I have been playing in the past with soap/capsicin solutions but I do not anymore, for me they are unreliable. For emergency chemical eradication I keep a lifelong supply of dichlorvos, the american no-pest strips. I do not like to use synthetic pesticides but the old school dichlorvos is less persistent than a lot of novel acaricides. A bit dangerous for mammals so it needs careful management but very effective and hardly leaves a residue long term. But my main spidermite action is biosafety care, no garden stuff like pots is allowed in my room without it being washed in hot soap and bags of substrate are room dedicated. It is difficult not to nag to my girlfriend about her moving houseplants between in and outdoors. But they are a risk.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I would like to bump the thread to comment how much at ACE we are enjoying with New Caledonia II mother after doing a few more sinsemilla rounds these months and being able to appreciate her more and better. Our consensus is that NC II line has really desirable sativa qualities in the effect for a plant of such short flowering and size, and she would be a great candidate to include into short flowering sativa lines yet keeping those rare sativa effects.

For those who are already harvesting New Caledonia pure sativa main release, the harvest keeps very well the louder candy-tropical fruity terps first 3 months after harvest, more time of curing and those terps will almost dissappear leaving a not so loud woody lemony Thaish terpene profile. Seems these candy fruity terps are more volatile therefore will disappear first through the curing, high seems to mellow a bit after that, so for those who want to experience their New Caledonian harvest at their best, make sure to enjoy it to the max these first 3 months, it's one of those few rare cases when a sativa prefers a short curing rather than a long one.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks for the hints dubi. I just finished cutting my short flowering purple plant and she's almost ready to go into a jar...couple more days. Very nice flavors and aromas...I got a whiff of coffee and sweet fruit this morning when I was turning the buds.

My #2 plant is very different. I took a couple of early branches and she has a very pina colada type of tropical fruit aroma combined with a touch of banana and some sort of cleaning chemical on top. Really intriguing and I look forward to sampling her. I will let the rest of the plant go another week or so as she is reflowering a little bit...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yeah TexasTea:yay: glad you are finding those very complex tutti fruity tropical terpenes i love so much from the pure sativa New Caldonia release.
All your comments and pictures are more than welcome :tiphat:

Nannymouse

420giveaway
Okay, Texas Tea, where did you get those plant dollies? I've searched for bucket dollies, plant dollies, vacuum dollies...

Latest posts

Latest posts