What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
It's not so easy to see on the first photo, but the second shot does look like a hemie, I'm sorry to say. Hopefully the smaller phone is good. Have they been stressed?
I had a little look at mine today with a loop, but they're still too small to tell. They are only just at the 5th Internode, but the side branches aren't developed enough to have pre flowers.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Yeah, so the white fluffy one is the tall one, and pretty sure that's a hermie...the second one though, I don't know yet. They have been coddled so I don't think it is stress, but who knows...not the end of the world. I will keep a close eye on them and put the chick with a stick outside. ;)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Well, I let the #1 plant that I thought was intersex continue on. Now I am not sure what to think as the development seems fairly normal. It's a lovely plant, and staying quite compact in size. Really nice internodal spacing.
16209899604258689927634790490684.jpg
16209900065406124753122291523921.jpg
16209900391766164330641243935777.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I never got bananas, but some small sacs that looked like balls, didn't really seem to do anything though. Maybe it was stressed for a short time and got over it? I'm not sure as I have not seen too many intersex plants.

Some nice sweet smells starting to come from the tall fluffy one

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Seems like a lot of color for a tropical sativa, no? Nice plant, but is this really New Caledonia? I did not receive original packaging from the seller so I have to admit I am a little suspicious. Neither plant exhibits the structure nor the long flowering I was expecting. Not sure what to think...

16217966831861583750999405253497.jpg
16217967354222185332266341139877.jpg
1621796770099846261185360691844.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot TexasTea for sharing your progress with your 2 New Caledonians girls :kiss:
They are growing more compact than expected, probably due to both early prunning and expression.
Really happy to see them in your good hands so healthy and flowering with good indoor adaptability.

Glad the one that started doing strange things remain sexually stable so far, did you find anything rare on her again ?

Hope the retailer didn't mix up the seeds of the sativa release with the hybrid one when preparing your order.
Anyway, pay more attention to how the flowering evolves rather than to the initial leaf shapes, which in this strain are not always that thin at the beginning.

I'm checking back your posts, and i think you are at around 9 weeks of flowering, right ? Plant 1 is behaving like the hybrid version release should do, ripening quite fast after approx 9 weeks, being resinous, in the leaves nearby bracts too. I think Plant 1 should have the terpenes already quited defined. Do you like what do you smell friend ?

Plant 2 on the other hand is evolving like the main sativa release does: numerous long thin pistils, better flower/leaf ratio, very resinous in the bracts but not so much in the leaves nearby, and still has a long way to go .....

Eager with every new update of yours, in this and in all the other threads, but with special excitement on this one since these 2 are a very new releases and you seem to be the first person flowering and posting pics of them.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks for the detailed comments Dubi!

Yes, I was shocked that they stayed so well behaved...I'm thinking maybe the initial small pot size probably helped a lot too in restricting the roots. After growing so many of your huge stretchy Panama crosses and other crazy jungle type weed I was really expecting them to be out of control. My Punto Rojo is a monster right now. :D

I have two cuts from the smaller toy size plant #2 that have rooted and I will be putting them outside this summer. :)

I will post more updates very soon and let you know about aromas, etc.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
#1 plant with colorful purple leaves is moving along quickly. She has light aromas but a bud rub leaves a strong citronella smell on my fingers. I pinched a couple of the fat bracts and found no seeds inside so I guess all that weirdness and worry was for nothing...I think she will finish in a couple of weeks...

#2 with the green leaves still looks a long ways from ripening. She is giving off some mild cleaning chemical and fruity spice aromas. Not as sticky as #1. As I mentioned, I took two cuts from this one and will see how they do outdoors this summer.
Click image for larger version  Name:	16220379376157116190780516072614.jpg Views:	121 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	17865678
Click image for larger version  Name:	16220379919844992575673470511788.jpg Views:	118 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	17865679

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi TexasTea,

Your girl's are looking super healthy.

It's interesting what you say as regards the aromas. The one I have going outside in the soil absolutely stinks! And she's only in veg and still small.

This morning I've been planting Fenugreek seeds close by; Hopefully that'll be sufficient to camouflage the anticipated strong aromas in flowering.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks Hombre, they do indeed look great...I'm not sure how much they will smell outdoors but I love the smell of fenugreek. :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I took one branch of the purple plant yesterday. Didn't check trichomes but she certainly looks done. I will take the rest in a few days. The plant really purpled up at the end...this one has a hashplant hybrid type vibe to it. Reminded me a little bit of Early Bubba Hash or some of the Peyote Purples I have grown as I was trimming the branch. Very leafy and not a lot of flower. The other smaller plant is definitely finishing up as well. Will try to snap some pics soon.