What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks everyone for your interest and kind words :wave:

need4weed and vinrusso, yes, the hybrid parental plants used for New Caledonia II hybrid release where found in batch B from the original seeds we received from the island, and they were bred separately from the sativa New Caledonia main release. I don't know yet whether the hybrid plants came from a mix up of seeds from other genetics, or from recessive traits from the main sativa New Caledonia line, we will need to explore upcoming generations in more depth to know it for sure, these new releases are still too recent.

Excellent, excellent work dubi!!! I'll be sure yo get a few packs of each. So just to confirm, the new caledonia ll, is from recessive phenotypes of a possible hybridization somewhere down the line. Not a hybrid by ACE

Sounds awesome. I wonder if the New Caledonia II is not a completely different cross? Can a phenotype of the same plant swing that far?

No, there are no plans in short term to produce fem versions of the New Caledonian releases.

Just wondering : will there be a feminized version ?

The strain descriptions on our website along with the threads here in our room on ICMag have so much info about our strains and breeding that i never felt it was necessary to do so.

Ace Seeds could publish an annually compendium of strains, the old ones and the new ones and some about the last r&d, put some history about location from where strains originated and some pictures, then the data sheets about the strains, print, take my money. :)

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
man, if they pass the big stimulus check here, i would love this one. hopefully stateside delivery recommences sometime but only after i am not broke anymore haha...

the phenos with lower myrcene, very high caryophyllene and high humulene along with high terpinolene and decent ocimene sound like exactly what i want in my life. caryophyllene and humulene always are present in high amounts in my favorite strains. and i love the smell of terpinolene.

i feel as though strains i’ve had that had higher trans- ocimene and terpinolene in conjunction seem to produce an almost drunk feeling. do you agree dubi? or is this a red herring? (now if only i can get that fugged up but without destroying the fridge lol)

i can’t help but think that with the higher terpinolene and caryophyllene, these would be a great match with bangi haze x ethiopian or purple zamal x panama goddess.

would you say this sativa offers the best mood uplifting effects of your sativas?

sorry for rambling, this is exciting.

thanks for the info, i bet you are getting very familiar with what terpene profiles provide which style of smells and effects, huh dubi?

best seed company i know of

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Ain't that truth nepaint21? It has been such a fascinating journey growing all these well researched varieties from such expert hands as Dubi has. I'm quite excited too for something as exotic as the New Caledonia genetics, even though I have years worth of other Ace seeds ( and a few others, hehe) to explore already.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Haven’t been on IC since New Year but what a treat upon my return. Looks amazing, dubi and likely adding to my Ace sativa collection.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Is it possible to get seeds from specific females if I was to order that one? I very much like the descriptions of 23 and 33. Kinda wants 6 of each but money is a bit scarce at the moment, maybe in a month or two... even if it would be probably a year or two before I can grow them considering the busyness of my scheduled planning :p

vinrusso

Looking at the New Caledonia thread from 2010 some of those local Sativa's look very Cambodian. That island seems like a treasure in Sativa genes.

nielson

Awesome, Dubi! Congrats!

I immediately placed my order when I saw the post about the release on Insta. :yummy:

I just love your Sativas! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to feel your excitement about this new sativa release nepalnt21 :) Thanks for your kind words.

There are so many variables and terpenes affecting to the effects in cannabis that i think that to make statements for only 2 terpenes regarding effects without considering the rest is missing the whole picture, and i don't think we are so advanced at this point to fully understand how the simphony and synergy of terpenes and cannabinoids work in humans, the subjectivity and complexity of cannabis effects makes it even more difficult, but certainly i agree that the terpene profile of New Caledonia is very very interesting (i perfectly knew this before know the lab results) and play a big role in what makes this sativa so special. I also love sativas with high terpinolene content.

Whether New Caledonia is our best sativa for 'mood uplifting effects' is still too early to say, especially when ACE is offering so many good sativas with these kind of effects, and it also depends a lot also on each smoker preference and body chemistry, but without any doubt it's my 'new favorite' for this type of effects, i'm also excited to know what other growers will think about it after experiencing this new sativa release.

man, if they pass the big stimulus check here, i would love this one. hopefully stateside delivery recommences sometime but only after i am not broke anymore haha...

the phenos with lower myrcene, very high caryophyllene and high humulene along with high terpinolene and decent ocimene sound like exactly what i want in my life. caryophyllene and humulene always are present in high amounts in my favorite strains. and i love the smell of terpinolene.

i feel as though strains i’ve had that had higher trans- ocimene and terpinolene in conjunction seem to produce an almost drunk feeling. do you agree dubi? or is this a red herring? (now if only i can get that fugged up but without destroying the fridge lol)

i can’t help but think that with the higher terpinolene and caryophyllene, these would be a great match with bangi haze x ethiopian or purple zamal x panama goddess.

would you say this sativa offers the best mood uplifting effects of your sativas?

sorry for rambling, this is exciting.

thanks for the info, i bet you are getting very familiar with what terpene profiles provide which style of smells and effects, huh dubi?

best seed company i know of

Sure, i will do it as soon possible. I already finished my New Caledonia jars here at home and the current covid situation doesn't allow me to move much and meet my colleagues in person to get more, ouch!

Dubi, can you post some pics of the dry bud?

Hi Benoit,

That was not the plan, the New Caledonia release contains a mix of seed lots from all the most remarkable females, but if you send us an email before placing your order we will attend your request :yes:

Is it possible to get seeds from specific females if I was to order that one? I very much like the descriptions of 23 and 33. Kinda wants 6 of each but money is a bit scarce at the moment, maybe in a month or two... even if it would be probably a year or two before I can grow them considering the busyness of my scheduled planning :p

Looking at the New Caledonia thread from 2010 some of those local Sativa's look very Cambodian. That island seems like a treasure in Sativa genes.

This really sounds like a fantastic strain ! I've never bought any breeder's pack because the high tag price made it somewhat not worth it. However if you ever release a breeder's pack from this strain, I think I will definitely buy one :biggrin: :plant grow:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome cula,

Probably these New Caledonian psychoactive tropical sativas were not introduced before 60-70s, most probably later, but who really knows ?

How many centuries has this variety been adapted to its climate? Evolution is fascinating

Hi DownDeepInside,

The selected New Caledonian parental plants are very consistent in effects, terpenes and personality (just with slight variations) and we didn't find really divergent phenotypes to launch a Breeders Packs of the strain.

The selected New Caledonian parental plants are very consistent in effects, terpenes and personality (just with slight variations) and we didn't find really divergent phenotypes to launch a Breeders Packs of the strain.

Hello dubi, well this is unfortunate for me. But, who knows, hopefully you will change your mind if this strain sells well, which I hope it will. Never say never ;-)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Finally found a source for these. Now just hoping they make it to me...I will have packs of both types though to play with later this year.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you managed to get both New Caledonian releases TexasTea! ;) Thanks for your interest in these 2 new releases.

Eager to see them growing in your garden this year!