What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C5 Haze x Kali China limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
NEW LIMITED EDITION RELEASE FOR 2021!

C5 Haze is an old selected cutting of Northern Lights #5 x Haze C and is by far the most influential F1 sativa/indica hybrid of the modern era of cannabis breeding. Created in the Netherlands during the late 1980s by the famous breeder Neville Schoenmakers. NL#5HazeC became popular worldwide for its huge yields, very powerful long-lasting effects and high THC content, unheard of at the time, leading this strain to win many of the early cannabis cups.

Developed as a direct cross between the Afghani Northern Lights # 5 and the Haze C male, this vintage C5 cutting includes the indica and sativa parents (respectively) that have had the most impact on strain development in the last 35 years, also forming the main parental line of the best Dutch Haze hybrids of the ‘90s.

ACE Seeds was recently gifted with this original extraordinary old C5 Haze Clone, bred and selected by Neville himself in the late 80’s and was preserved by Yo Sammy who was so kind to share it with us.

C5 Haze x Kali China is the first hybrid offered by ACE Seeds using this glorious classic, maintaining the large sized and well-branched sativa structure, the very high yields and the powerful psychoactivity of the original C5, enriched by our highly worked Kali China, with its complex incense, fruity and hashish terpenes to the most classic Thai citrus and spicy palate of the C5, creating new ranges of terpene profiles, slightly reducing flowering to more moderate ripening times (especially outdoors), and improving the psychoactive quality with a more positive but still very powerful character.

C5 Haze x Kali China differs from HashPlant Haze x Kali China by more frequently producing sweeter, fruitier terpene profiles, and by having a slightly more sativa touch than its stepsister. Both hybrids are of very similar quality, equally vigorous, productive, powerful, resinous and aromatic. And although some phenotypes may need a few more weeks of flowering than usual, the final yields of both varieties are always very high, and can be truly astounding with proper care and ideal conditions.

Due to the extreme heterosis of the original NL/Haze F1 hybrid, this cross with the more stabilised Kali China still produces relatively variable offspring, allowing the grower to find different expressions, making this cross a very interesting and much more exciting option for those growers who are easily bored with a single phenotype and who prefer some variability. The high genetic recombination of this polyhybrid also allows the emergence of new and interesting terpene profiles and effects not previously found in its parents.

During the second half of flowering the floral structures bulk up nicely, forming long and heavy colas with a great flower to leaf ratio, tending to produce small foxtails during the last weeks of flowering, at which time some examples can show the beautiful purple hues inherited from Kali China. The production of this balanced sativa/indica Haze hybrid (but on steroids) is far superior to Oldtimer's Haze hybrids and other sativa x Kali China hybrids such as Thai Chi.

A feminized limited edition, available while stock lasts.

POLYHYBRID
60 % SATIVA / 40 % INDICA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 9-13 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: END OF OCTOBER / EARLY NOVEMBER
YIELD / M2: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST WHITE FLY: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST HEAT: AVERAGE-HIGH
LATITUDE: 0º-43º

GENETICS: C5 Haze F1 (Northern Lights #5 x Haze C) from the late ‘80s x Kali China elite 4th generation.
STRUCTURE: Chunky sativa-dominant hybrid structure with excellent branching, vigorous and adaptable.
BOUQUET: Variable aromas and flavours depending on the individual plant, although always refined, complex and intense. The most commonly found profiles have the spicy and citrus terpenes (lime, lemon, grapefruit) of Thai sativa with a creamy, incense background of tropical fruit and hashish coming from Kali China. Different terpene profiles can also be found: sweeter (candy, melon), floral, and musky.
EFFECT: Powerful, complex and long lasting (4 hours) sativa/indica effect. Strong initial euphoria and psychedelic expansion that encourages conversation and appreciation of the outdoors, later becoming more introspective and dreamy, with a relaxing ending that makes disconnection easy.

CULTIVATION TIPS

Indoors, outstanding results can be achieved in terms of quality and production with a correct and abundant feeding and strong light intensity. Very suitable for SOG crops due to its great yield in the main cola, or for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

Outdoors, it is a very adaptable plant that can be grown in hot climates, and in climates with a mild start of autumn.

We recommend moderate to high nutrient levels during growth, and high doses during the explosive flowering period, and also giving nitrogen until practically the end of flowering.

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/ace-seeds/c5hazexkalichinafem.html

Attachments

• C5 Haze x Kali China.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
C5 Haze x Kali China cannabinoid and terpene analyses

C5 Haze x Kali China cannabinoid and terpene analyses

THC: 15.5 %
CBD: 0.06 %
CBG: 0.81 %

Terpene profile: It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: very high content of beta myrcene, and lower amounts of alpha pinene, beta pinene and limonene. Sesquiterpenes: beta caryophyllene.

Attachments

• C5 Haze análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    C5 Haze análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 230
  • C5 Haze x Kali China análisis de terpenos.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China análisis de terpenos.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 234

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
C5 Haze x Kali China deepwaterdude pics

Attachments

• C5 Haze x Kali China indoors plant passing mid flowering.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China indoors plant passing mid flowering.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 356
  • C5 Haze x Kali China indoors cola passing mid flowering2.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China indoors cola passing mid flowering2.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 352
  • C5 Haze x Kali China indoors cola 60 days flowering.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China indoors cola 60 days flowering.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 372
  • C5 Haze x Kali China indoors cola 60 days flowering3.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China indoors cola 60 days flowering3.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 322
  • C5 Haze x Kali China indoors bud 60 days flowering.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China indoors bud 60 days flowering.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 372
  • C5 Haze x Kali China early harvested buds.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China early harvested buds.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 381
  • C5 Haze x Kali China 11 weeks finishing indoors cola8.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China 11 weeks finishing indoors cola8.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 355
  • C5 Haze x Kali China harvested buds3.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China harvested buds3.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 342
  • C5 Haze x Kali China harvested buds5.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China harvested buds5.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 339
  • C5 Haze x Kali China harvested buds4.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China harvested buds4.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 318
  • C5 Haze x Kali China indoors bud passing mid flowering3.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China indoors bud passing mid flowering3.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 322
  • C5 Haze x Kali China 11 weeks finishing indoors cola7.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China 11 weeks finishing indoors cola7.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 328
  • C5 Haze x Kali China 11 weeks finishing indoors cola6.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China 11 weeks finishing indoors cola6.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 338

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk pics

Attachments

• C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 98 days of flowering.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 98 days of flowering.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 241
  • C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk bud 102 days of flowering.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk bud 102 days of flowering.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 235
  • C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 102 days of flowering3.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 102 days of flowering3.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 245
  • C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 107 days of flowering2.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 107 days of flowering2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 237
  • C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 110 days of flowering.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 110 days of flowering.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 236
  • C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 110 days of flowering3.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola 110 days of flowering3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 232
  • C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola finishing.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China Fronk cola finishing.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 289
  • C5 Haze x Kali China indoor harvested buds.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China indoor harvested buds.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 305
  • C5 Haze x Kali China indoor harvested bud4.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China indoor harvested bud4.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 289

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
C5 Haze x Kali China MountainKush, repuk and Strongtree pics

C5 Haze x Kali China MountainKush, repuk and Strongtree pics

C5 Haze x Kali China MountainKush, repuk and Strongtree pics.

Special thanks to Yo Sammy for providing the C5 Haze mother and to all the people involved in its preservation since late 80s.
Also to all the growers who have tested and shared their results and pics of this new hybrid for the past 2 years :thank you:

Attachments

• C5 Haze x Kali China MountainKush indoor cola 9 weeks.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China MountainKush indoor cola 9 weeks.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 278
  • C5 Haze x Kali China MountainKush harvested bud.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China MountainKush harvested bud.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 306
  • _MG_0980B.jpg
    _MG_0980B.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 238
  • _MG_0980ZB.jpg
    _MG_0980ZB.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 249
  • C5 x Kali China StrongTree bud 9 weeks of flowering indoors3.jpg
    C5 x Kali China StrongTree bud 9 weeks of flowering indoors3.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 263
  • C5 x Kali China StrongTree bud 9 weeks of flowering indoors4.jpg
    C5 x Kali China StrongTree bud 9 weeks of flowering indoors4.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 259
  • C5 x Kali China StrongTree cola 9 weeks of flowering indoors.jpg
    C5 x Kali China StrongTree cola 9 weeks of flowering indoors.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 269
  • C5 x Kali China StrongTree colas 9 weeks of flowering indoors.jpg
    C5 x Kali China StrongTree colas 9 weeks of flowering indoors.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 274
  • C5 x Kali China StrongTree plant 9 weeks of flowering indoors.jpg
    C5 x Kali China StrongTree plant 9 weeks of flowering indoors.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 282

Fakir710

Hey dubi, this ones looks stunning, I just want to ask what would be better to run during summer with 30/32 Cº max... If this one or the Killer A5, guess they are completely different but just wondering, the A5 looks super cool as well...

Regards.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Fakir710,

Yes, C5 Haze x Kali China and Killer A5 Haze are quite different strains in effects and terpenes. Both tolerate well high temps, but like with any cannabis strain you will get much better terpenes and cannabinoids if you avoid peaks of high temps during the flowering indoors. The use of aircon improves a lot the quality of summer indoor grows.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I'm surprised I haven't seen more grows of this one around. Incredible yield and potency on mine;)

filedata/fetch?id=17860511&d=1621388299filedata/fetch?id=17860512&d=1621388301filedata/fetch?id=17860513&d=1621388302

Dito that.
This line is a true undiscovered treasure.
Most people don’t yet get the unmatched power and quality C5 holds.
C5 takes the crown, she is the Queen.
Posts like yours will no doubt help motivate other growers to try this line.
Could you maybe give us some info about the aromatic traits?
Thanks for sharing, much appreciated!
:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Dito that.
This line is a true undiscovered treasure.
Most people don’t yet get the unmatched power and quality C5 holds.
C5 takes the crown, she is the Queen.
Posts like yours will no doubt help motivate other growers to try this line.
Could you maybe give us some info about the aromatic traits?
Thanks for sharing, much appreciated!
:tiphat:

Hey, Sammy;) I think she was somewhere between Mango and Pineapple, fruitwise, with some sort of fuel, and had a basically ideal bud structure. Massive plant, almost a pound dried and just the most serious smoke.

DSC04205.JPG
DSC04097.JPG
DSC04098.JPG
DSC04131.JPG

orangina

Veteran
Awsome deepwaterdude! Looks very delicious. How is the smoke? Could you compare it to another strain from ACE as a reference?
happy weekend

deepwaterdude

Awsome deepwaterdude! Looks very delicious. How is the smoke? Could you compare it to another strain from ACE as a reference?
happy weekend

Ha, really interesting question with this one;) The answer for this one plant is no, I don't think it's comparable even to other Kali China crosses I've tried, nor other Ace strains. The taste and THC level of this plant were all C5 as far as I can tell, the bud structure and weight perhaps KC leaning, but calyxes more hazey... The C5 and A5 crosses bring something totally different to the Ace catalogue than what is there already. I identify Ace with phenomenal Kali China, Panama, Malawi and OTH crosses generally, and they all have a certain benevolence, kindness to them, with the exception of the Malawi. The C5 and A5 have a power to them that is of a different character. That said, I ran I think 4 Killer A5 beans in total, and 1 of them was an absolute keeper, a devastating addiction machine. I think more than a few beans of each should be popped and happiness will be found for damn sure. I only popped this one C5 x KC and will definitely pop more to look around inside the strain a bit. I should've kept a clone of that plant, but she's my first ever that got a few mites and I was madly isolating and culling stuff so they wouldn't spread.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for chime in Yo Sammy and deepwaterdude :wave:

DWD friend, that C5 x KC you grew was absolutely fantastic, with the perfect blend of traits i was looking for in this cross.
I agree C5, HPH, etc .... add much more raw power and yield to hybrids than a straight Oldtimer's Haze cross, although the effects are usually more aggressive, while Oldtimer's Haze hybrids are more clean, uplifting and non ceiling. So it depends on each one preference.

Regarding comparing C5, HPH clones vs their crosses with KC, i find the straight clones more powerful. C5 x KC and HPH x KC are quite variable since they are polyhybrids, but i find plants in the hybrids with effects and terpenes more of my taste, also easier to grow and faster flowering.

GhostGenetics

Hi dubi, yosammy, deep water dude and others. Fantastic sounding and looking combination there. Anything resulting from the C5 cut has got to be some awesome smoke!! What is approx flowering time on this cross?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome GhostGenetics, thanks for your interest. C5 x KC flowering times are between 9-13 weeks, depending on the pheno.
More info in the first post of this thread and in the official descriptiosn on our website

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
@10 weeks 11/13
veg and stretch was slow due to old water only mix so i didn't take cuttings but i will try to reveg this one. Looks haze dominant imo

20210610_224723~2.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
sorry chilliwilli i missed your post. Leaf bud shape and overall look mostly Kali china, with an extra Haze sativa touch i would say. Sorry about the spider mites, i hate them!

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
chilliwilli, those look Tasty. Bet the smells are a really Exotic blend.

Every time I try to order these from Seedsman, they show as being Out of Stock after you add them to the cart after initially showing an In Stock inventory count. One way or another I'm getting these.