Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azn00superman's Super Microgrow

Hi all,

I'm not an old head, only been smoking weed for a few years now but my wife and I are heavy cannabis consumers. We smoked almost all indica dominant hybrids but recently they're not doing much for me anymore. I'm tired of the sleepy, groggy, stupid stone. I like weed that enhance life, not make me sleep away from it.

I hearken to when I had some sativa-dom hybrids. Grew some sativa dominant autos when I first started growing. The autos weren't too potent but I loved the effects, movies, conversations, music, video games. I had some Sour D and Orange Dream from dispos too which were very nice but grown with poor quality. I grew some fire indica hybrids since then but the high is starting to bore me. A bud can have 30% thc and thick but it would make me dumb and blank as hell, just no general unique quality to the high at all.

The more I read about Ace sativas strains the more I wanted to grow them. So I put my indicas and hybrids on the backlog and bought some seeds.

Only problem is that I'm very limited in space and height. I have:

1. 2x4 (with 2 flowering Bangi Haze's)

1. 2x4 (vegging Golden Tiger and Killer A5 Haze)

1. 2x2 (flipped on its side for space, strictly for seedlings and clones. I also keep mother's in small pots here and water them more frequently)

Wife and I smoke a lot so keeping a perpetual grow is a must. My current workflow is germinating, cloning in the 2x2 then to veg and flower.

Golden Tiger (pic below) and a KA5H were transplanted into 5 gal pots today.

I thought long and hard about transplanting them into 5 gals. Knowing both of these are very high yielding strains, plus limited by 5 foot ceiling (minus light and pot), even with lots of topping and LST, I run a strong risk of not having enough space. Plus limited by space I cannot flower them until cuttings are taken, which means they WILL be vegged. my thinking was to take one plant (either GT or KA5H) and put them in the other 2x4x5 once the Bangis are done, but that will affect the production of the next crop. It all depends on how good each plant will yield.

Comment

Nice choice of genetics

I'd LST/scrog/prune Golden Tiger like crazy. Thing with scrog is to prune the branches rather then waiting them to grow and fill the net, goes way faster, more new branches so more buds. It will also even your canopy better allowing you to have a more uniform height through stretch. You can also keep pruning during first weeks of flowering, those long flowering tropical sativa really don't mind

As for cloning, you can very well clone the apex once they have a couple node above the first 5 leaflets leaves so you can start training them while they're not too big yet.

Good luck with them and welcome aboard . I'm sure you will love Bangi Haze. I grew her 10 years ago outdoor and I remember well her nice energetic effects. Really refreshing after smoking stoney/couchlock weeds for years... I suppose the latest generations are pretty much the same, seeds still in the fridge here so didn't have a chance to try the latest yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoitV1984 View Post
        Nice choice of genetics

I'd LST/scrog/prune Golden Tiger like crazy. Thing with scrog is to prune the branches rather then waiting them to grow and fill the net, goes way faster, more new branches so more buds. It will also even your canopy better allowing you to have a more uniform height through stretch. You can also keep pruning during first weeks of flowering, those long flowering tropical sativa really don't mind

As for cloning, you can very well clone the apex once they have a couple node above the first 5 leaflets leaves so you can start training them while they're not too big yet.

Good luck with them and welcome aboard . I'm sure you will love Bangi Haze. I grew her 10 years ago outdoor and I remember well her nice energetic effects. Really refreshing after smoking stoney/couchlock weeds for years... I suppose the latest generations are pretty much the same, seeds still in the fridge here so didn't have a chance to try the latest yet.
        Hi Benoit,

Thanks for the tips on the Golden Tiger. I was eyeing it the other day after seeing how the Bangi Haze is stretching and figure I'll have to dedicate the whole tent to it mid flower otherwise there'll be no space since the KA5H it's sharing the tent with is also supposedly a huge yielder. Here they are next to each other. GT on the right. Figure I'll give it a few weeks of veg and prune the hell out of it to maintain a low canopy then let it have the whole tent later. This isn't ideal for me though because I have a small grow meaning if I fuck up the plant Im in trouble with supplying myself. But I trust the GT on the yield and the effect so it's worth it I hope.

Comment

Here are the Bangi Haze's a couple days ago:

Here they are after defoliation:

Plant #2 (right) is one week older, neither are throwing out much pistils at all. I was tempted to nip the top buds to control the height but ended up supercropping them instead. I may have underestimated the "average yield" in the Bangi Haze description.

Comment

Week 2 & 3 of flower for the Bangi Haze's. Pistils are finally sprouting but they're stretching still. Almost 3x the height since flip already. Had to snip off the tallest node which I think will reach the top. The rest of the taller colas are supercropped.

Took clones off early Golden Tiger and KA5H. Struggled to find a stem long enough to cut.

Here's the GT getting mainline treatment. Since I decided that the GT and KA5H each will occupy their own 2x4 later, I'll be able to let them veg for one month for maximum yield.

And the KA5H after taken cuts. Not big enough to start bending yet but I imagine she'd be a monster with a month veg.

Comment

Greetings look like things are going nicely. With those 2 tents and a clone tent one should be able to yield over 2 pounds every 2 months or so. Happy growing man.
              Ace's Killer A5 - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums" https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=378507

Comment

Sweet lil setup!! Best wishes for the grow!!
                Colorado OutDoor 2: Saga shall continue...
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....90#post5146490-
                MEOW GROWING

Colorado IndoOrganic 2: Saga Continues...
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377046
                MEOW GROWING

sigpic
                ***GUNGA GALUNGA***
                So I Got That Goin' For Me.. Which Is Nice..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.King View Post
                  Greetings look like things are going nicely. With those 2 tents and a clone tent one should be able to yield over 2 pounds every 2 months or so. Happy growing man.
                  Hi Dr King,

2 pounds every 2 months would be a dream for me lol. Only thing I regretted is not putting the GT and KA5H in 7 gallon pots. But I think with 7 gallon they might grow too big for two 2x4's.

Comment

Originally posted by calientecarlos View Post
                    Sweet lil setup!! Best wishes for the grow!!
                    Thank you, I have very high hope

Comment

Bangi Hazes #2 looks like it stretched 5 inches in the past 2 days. I was under the impression that the stretch had stopped. Had to take some tops off that grew too close to the light. Looking into the tent I realize that when they start to seriously bud up I will have pretty much no space to bend the stalks. The sativa stretch is real, and I cannot be happier for I wanted a veritable jungle in my tent. I'm glad Im growing the Bangi Hazes so I get a taste of the stretch, and now I know the Golden Tiger and the KA5H will have to go into their own tent or the size will be unmanageable.

Literally counting down the days I get to taste the Bangi.

Comment

Lookin grrreat! What kind of LED's are those in flower tent?
                        MEOW GROWING

MEOW GROWING

sigpic
                        ***GUNGA GALUNGA***

Comment

Originally posted by calientecarlos View Post
                          Lookin grrreat! What kind of LED's are those in flower tent?
                          They're quantum boards led I bought from Alibaba. Kingbrite brand. I've been using them for two years and they're great.

Comment

Nice! Thanks! I have been contemplating kingbrite quantums or a diy strip kit. Still undecided..
                            MEOW GROWING

MEOW GROWING

sigpic
                            ***GUNGA GALUNGA***

Comment

Canopy is looking very healthy!

Comment

Working...
                              X