What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zacatecas' and friends - Koon's spring of happiness

Koondense

Veteran
Why I(also) love this plant...

A view under the leaf, true colors
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Hi MahaKala,
yes they should be BSHW x Oaxaca 79skull, to me they don't look much mexican so you're probably right. Never seen BSHW so can't spot it in the phenos. Both have purple shades of different degree, the #2 is more dark purple stem and more dark green leaves, the #1 has more reddish purple stems and petioles. I'll observe them during flowering to see the main differences in development.

Thanks f2f, they will get even more beautiful soon ;)

Cheers

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah I read that purple stems phenos of bshw can bet tested over 20% thc. should pack some potency then..

F2F

Why I(also) love this plant...

A view under the leaf, true colors
View Image

Cheers

Just a trivial observation. My first ZT has a similar leaf pattern - just a few double serrations, the rest are single.

Even as a small plant I’m getting nice smells. How about you KD?

Cheers
F2F

Koondense

Veteran
yeah I read that purple stems phenos of bshw can bet tested over 20% thc. should pack some potency then..

Over 20% is pretty high by my standards, so far they resemble way more the BSHW than Oaxaca. Will be happy if thc stays in 15-20% range, no problem.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Just a trivial observation. My first ZT has a similar leaf pattern - just a few double serrations, the rest are single.

Even as a small plant I’m getting nice smells. How about you KD?

Cheers
F2F

Hi F2F,
I took a quick resin smell test and they are very refreshing. Seems the whole grow is dominated with cirtus/lime/lemongrass aromas which are my favorite ones besides the pine/cedar/incense.
Going to be a very pleasant grow this one :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
An update with a few pictures.
So I had 3 Amnesia OG plants, two turned to be males and I selected one which had better structure and smell, so took a branch and lightly waved it in the air while having the tent slightly open. The consequence are some orange pistils in early flower, there will be some seeds.
All girls have some faded pistils, mostly the Zacatecas girls and the Oaxali and BubbaHash the least.

Zacateca tribute #1
picture.php

Zacateca tribute #2
picture.php

Oaxaca x Panama
picture.php

Amnesia OG
picture.php

As said, the smells are mostly citrus/lime/lemongrass freshness, some sprite soda and maybe a bit of skittles fruitiness. I would love to have a perfume made with these terpenes, I would stick to any girl wearing it :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Farmerlion, good to see you, you're very welcome ;)

Fast update...
All is great atm, only small concern is with both Zacatecas plants, they seem to react with lockout when the light gets too close(intense), so I moved the cob away a bit...also slight underwatering didn't help. Getting back to normal with a healthy dose of everything, hopefully.

Bubba Hash had a funny accident, I tried to bend her top and accidentaly snapped it good, then put it back in place and she didn't care at all...so the main cola is now chunking up slowly...

Bubba Hash
picture.php

Oaxaca x Kali China, she's the most overall beautiful plant in this run, holds herself very well, good branching with controllable growth, the terpenes are all over the place, not loud at all, pleasant lemon and mint cream. Will see where she goes in the coming weeks.

Oaxali
picture.php

The other plants will get their time during the weekend, too busy to cover them all atm.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
I got a question ... planning the next round, I want to go with Zamaldelica x Panama but can't find if anyone has some experience with the cross... I remember a very good grower had a plant not long ago but my memory is playing tricks on me. I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere...
Also checking the purple zamal crosses in the r+d section, very very interesting...

Cheers

F2F

Here ya go KD. Couple good growers on this thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=366694&highlight=Zampan

Cheers
F2F

I got a question ... planning the next round, I want to go with Zamaldelica x Panama but can't find if anyone has some experience with the cross... I remember a very good grower had a plant not long ago but my memory is playing tricks on me. I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere...
Also checking the purple zamal crosses in the r+d section, very very interesting...

Cheers

F2F

Cheers

KD, I forgot to comment on the purple zamal crosses. I bought some of these, then emailed Ace for specifics.

“ Purple Zamal x Malawi Killer has a flowering time of approx 13-14 weeks, finishing in mid November at 37ºN latitude with great mold and cold resistance. Big to huge yields. You can expect very big plants from this sativa F1, extreme branching and hybrid vigor when grown big and planted in soil,
softer feeding for the octopus branched thin leaved Zamal phenos,
moderate feeding for the wider leaved Malawi phenos of stronger Xmas tree structure.”

A member here Uniqueflower did this in greenhouse there is a thread. He had a very high opinion of the plant. Hope it helps.

Best,
F2F

Mountainkush

Cheers

Hey Koon,
Me and my wife are both in love with the first one I grew. Second one is 2 weeks in flower. I see F2F linked my grow so anything specific I left out just ask. Pretty sure Solarlogos grew this one out too but my memory isn’t the clearest.
I’m very interested in the zamal crosses too. I have the Purple Zamal x panama coming and was gonna get the Bangi cross as well but went for the Congo#3xbangi haze instead.
Good luck with the current grow, they look great!

Koondense

Veteran
Interesting infos guys, I hope you get great plants with purple Zamal crosses, surely the Zamal genes are among the most interesting around, so the more the better :)
A sad aspect of seeds is the fact there are much more seed varieties one wants to try than there is time available to do it...so it's always painful to plan ahead and select a few from many. But the Zamal is a must, I remember my first Ace purchase was the Zamal Hash and I was very happy with the plants, even if one seed didn't make it probably because I was quite a noob then.. anyway Zamal... still in a dream but soon to become real.

Ok, I got carried away a bit, should post a couple of pics instead.

The(amazingly) half sister of Zamal Hash, the Bubba Hash
picture.php

Zacateca #1 getting greasy
picture.php

The Zacateca plants smell very different, the #1 is a fresh lime+lemon scent, feels a bit oily, the Zacateca #2 has a more sweet bubblegummy fruity smell, feels like more resinous. Must remember to get some magnification and check for trichome size differences between the two.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts