What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roaring Twenties

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’ve got some serious stake and netting ahead of me.

SSSDH #1

picture.php

Definitely wants to be more like a Christmas tree in its structure, but it’s not completely symmetrical.

picture.php

It’s got the single, two and three pronged leaves. Reminiscent of Sour Diesel IMO.

picture.php

Not the clearest shot, but it’s getting dark and I’m standing on a hill holding a phone and a beer. Let the stacking begin.

This was the plant getting hit by some aphids, white fly’s or some other pest last week when it got the foliar spray. I’m going to have an early morning look to see if she needs another hit. Getting to the point where I start shying away from foliar. Even if it’s just OMRI oil and garlic. Could probably hit it over the next week and still be ok.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
My NEARLY quintessential expression of SSSDH

picture.php

Such a beautiful structure throughout.

picture.php

Hazier leaves. Later to flower and with more stretch.

picture.php

Still pushing for the sky.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Chunky funky Strawberry Diesel...

picture.php

She’s the shortest plant of the half dozen I have in the grove. A nice bush!

picture.php

Slightly farther along than my earlier flowering SSSDH.

Looks like she’ll be plenty frosty and seems like she’s leaning a little more Strawberry Cough where my other seeded plant was pretty much structurally diesel.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
F-13. I’ve been very light on the feed with this one and she may be telling me to give just a little more to help push through flower. I’m guessing she will be done around end of September.

picture.php

Not the best shots right at dusk.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Trying to girdle the SSSDH #2. Attempted putting 10’ rebar 2-3’ deep into a 20+ degree sloping hillside with a ladder and a 20lb post pounder all by myself. Damn. I’m getting more help.

picture.php

As I placed the first layer of netting over her, my hands got a nice coat of resin. This one is so hazey. Spice and leather with a tinge of diesel back note.

picture.php

Too bad the rebar i was handling is a little rusty or I would have indulged in a little early flower hand charas.

Having only really grown these SSSDH out in this general location a couple times over the past 10 years, I can say that these plants stand up to high temperatures and maybe the diesel smelling terpenes burn off in the heat, but that haze spice is on point.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Oaxaca 79 x Panama

picture.php

Structure of untopped late season plant is just wonderful. I need to clip a couple lowers to take clones now before too deep into flower.

picture.php

The guardian of this plant. He takes the occasional small leaf chew, but not too much.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Last days of August.

Purple Haze x Malawi...just easing along. Happy to grow taller and wider and not concerned in the least that her step-sisters in the grove are developing their lady parts without her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That’s a 3.7 meter rebar pounded about a meter into the ground so approaching 8.5 feet tall.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Her half sister, New Killer Malawi S1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

While her half sister continues to grow up, this one has decided to begin the flowering dance.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’m in love with SSSDH #2. I’m betting she will create some enormous perhaps slightly less dense colas than her sister, but I have high hopes for this hazey leaner.

picture.php

picture.php

The girdling takes a bit away from the aesthetic of the shot, but it will be a necessary evil in another month.

picture.php

picture.php

Delicate long racemes of hazey, spice with a slight diesel twist.

picture.php

Love this shot under the cover of citrus and avocados.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The DJ F-13 likely doesn’t need any staking. It’s branches are very stout, but I’ll have it available if need be.

picture.php

If I keep this to run next year, I’d top the hell out of it and try to get it almost this tall Indoors under lights before I put it out in March in order to grow a monster.

picture.php

picture.php

Descriptions are spot on. She’s fast to flower and I expect she will finish in late September.

picture.php

The coffee/hash with a berry kiss is intoxicating.

picture.php

It will still be very warm end of September. We will see if she purples much in senescence.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Strawberry Diesel

picture.php

She’s a very pretty albeit small plant. If I were to grow her again out here, she’d have to be this tall vegged indoors with outdoor planting in March. That way she could beef out quite a bit.

picture.php

Plenty of diesel notes with a strawberry kiss in these trichomes.

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here’s the SSSDH #1. More diesel leaning.

picture.php

Out of all the plants in the grove, this one has been a little ‘buggier’. I also caught the tip of a flower that had what looked like botrytis ‘browning’ which I immediately snipped off. It seems way to early to be dealing with botrytis. Doubt I would keep this one around unless there’s some magic in the flowers...

picture.php

Which are certainly starting out lovely enough.

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’ve put the second level of netting on this monster purple haze x Malawi.

picture.php

The Malawi killer S1

picture.php

The aromas on the haze cross are so nice and spicy. The pure Malawi is definitely woody and oily.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
SSSDH #1

picture.php

picture.php

Nice flowers on this one, but it’s likely not a keeper. Prone to bugs and now to a bit of botrytis.

SSSDH #2 is beautiful.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Both pants are so hazy. Spice and leather. Very mild sour diesel notes in #2.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Well, let’s see. In the past two weeks We’ve had temps at 46C or 115F and the entire west coast is basically on fire...

Purple Haze x Malawi.

picture.php

This is just at dusk and you can see how the light reflects off the heavy air.

picture.php

Just a bit earlier in he day. There were a number of fan leaves that got very toasty from the highs we’ve had recently.

picture.php

I gave a cleaning tonight and will go another round tomorrow. As well add the third layer of plant netting.

picture.php

We’re definitely over 2.75 meters or 9+ feet.

picture.php

Just beginning to flower.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
This New Killer Malawi S1 gets almost full sun and I had to trim quite a number of crispy leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

I’d say what stretch there was is over now as flower sites are pretty well set.

picture.php

picture.php

The floral structure looks very nice on this plant.

picture.php

As expected the aromas that exist so far are woody and oily.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
SSSDH #1

picture.php

The structure on #1 isn’t bad but just doesn’t compare to #2.

picture.php

Worms caused botrytis, but it’s not been terrible. A percent or two at most so far. I’ll giver her another inspection tomorrow before I head to Zion.

picture.php

The flowers are filling in quite nicely. Aromas are leathery, spicy and almost like a dry desert sweat. Trichomes are cloudy with what looks like amber starts. I’m guessing this one will be done around the end of Sept.