What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roaring Twenties

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I decided I would up-pot a few of my existing plants and these will be used for the grove. I’ve got clones of everything in the rooting chamber. My Belida Kif and CBD seedlings didn’t take. The Killer A5 and Super Malawi Haze seedlings are not looking like they will either. I’m chalking those all up on the soil I used which obviously wasn’t suitable for seedlings as the larger plants have had zero issues. I’m thinking to start a few more seedlings. My lone OTH is 95% leaning male and I’d sure like to have a plant in flower this year.

Here is what will go into the grove in the next week or two...

picture.php

Killer Malawi S1

picture.php

Purple Haze x Malawi

picture.php

SSSDH #1

picture.php

SSSDH #2

picture.php

Strawberry Diesel #2

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
picture.php

DJ F13

I also will be trying to see if this very semi auto F13 male produces viable pollen. Would love to cross it out if so.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor,

Sorry if i didn't understand correctly. The clones didn't produce roots or the seedlings died ?
Soil must be very hostile if none of the seedlings from very different genetics didn't manage to thrive on it.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor,

Sorry if i didn't understand correctly. The clones didn't produce roots or the seedlings died ?
Soil must be very hostile if none of the seedlings from very different genetics didn't manage to thrive on it.

There was obviously something off with the soil. I used a coir in the mix that I suspect. These were from seedlings. Not clones. Paper towel sprout and then planted into the mix. They started off very slow. The leaf sprout would eventually yellow and die. Couple of the seeds were one offs (CBD 1 and Belidia), so I’ll need to order them again next go around. But the Killer A5 (1 seedling) and Super Malawi Haze (2 seedlings) were also effected...not likely to see those this summer but I’ll try again later with different soil. Already started an Oax x Panama and Zacatecas Tribute in different soil. I think those are so good so far.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I finally got some plants into the grove setting. I’ve got clones of all of these for runs in other locations this summer.

Purple Haze x Malawi

picture.php

picture.php

New Killer Malawi S1

picture.php

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Strawberry Diesel (plant 2)

picture.php

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (plant 1)

picture.php

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (plant 2)

picture.php

Dj Short F13

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
If a Moroccan Beldia could not thrive in that soil then it is probably toxic for cannabis plants.
I would stay away from it as much as possible.

The bigger plants in the ground are showing nitrogen toxicity or ph unbalance or both.
I would check in detail the EC and PH levels of the soil where they are planted.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
If a Moroccan Beldia could not thrive in that soil then it is probably toxic for cannabis plants.

The bigger plants in the ground are showing nitrogen toxicity or ph unbalance or both.
I would check in detail the EC and PH levels of the soil where they are planted.

Yes. Whatever was going on in that soil was absolutely no good for any seedlings. Photos above are from the plants just minutes after planting into the grove. They’ve been severely root bound for a while and fed full strength botanicare. So they weren’t happy being cooped up. I’m hoping they stretch out and enjoy the new soil. We’ve had a few days of hot weather. I’ll check on them this weekend.

The grove soil pH is still a bit high even with the peat and some sulfur additions. Low to mid 7. It will likely take a bit for the sulfur I added to break down, so I may add a small amount of aluminum sulfate to the top soil. Local water pH of the irrigation is high as well...so that may be a common addition through the grow. The amendments I made definitely brought the depleted N levels of the native soil up. This plot is experimental this year...so let’s see what comes of it.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Try some gypsum it might buffer it out a bit.

I’m really interested in adding something that can help with the basic irrigation water that the sprinklers tie into. Hence my thoughts on aluminum sulfate. I’ll be visiting the grove in the next few days and will see how they are doing since the plant in.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Quick shot of a severely root bound male OTH. This is the first time an OTH or cross has shown male. I’ll be playing with this pollen later in the year.

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I will be visiting the grove this weekend (finally) so updates will be coming. From what I have in cuts/seeds/mothers

picture.php

Ace wise...male OTH in back right. Also some cuts of Purple Haze x Malawi and new Malawi Killer S1

picture.php

picture.php

Auto Zamaldelica straight from peat pellet to a 40L pot of home cooked soil

picture.php

Oaxaca x Panama

picture.php

Zacatecas Tribute

There is a sickly Killer A5 That I finally took out of the old soil that killed all my other seedlings and put its scraggly roots into the new soil mix. I’ll see if I can save it.

Also have DJ F13, Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze and Strawberry Diesel.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I will be writing up reports on last years Old Timers Haze x Meao Thai grow from a rather limited Ace release. I finally sampled the Purple Haze x Thai after 6 months cure. I need to revisit Green Haze x Thai again now at 6 months so I can compare the two. What I will say atm is these would be great as re-release. Given what Ace has on their plate one shouldn’t hesitate on any Ace limited stock.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran

I’m happy to report that given a couple of weeks, the plants in the grove have really started to take off from their root bound states when they were first planted in.

Especially the Purple Haze x Malawi

Before:

picture.php

Tonight:

picture.php

picture.php

New Killer Malawi S1

Before:

picture.php

Tonight:

picture.php

Soil EC ranging from 0.4 to around 1.1 pH still a bit high around 7.0-7.5.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The rest of the grove line-up (non Ace).

Strawberry Diesel #2

picture.php

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze #1

picture.php

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze #2

picture.php

DJ Short F-13

picture.php