No announcement yet.

Roaring Twenties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Haze x Malawi. A few more yellows than I’d like at this time. I gave a big handful of fertilizer and will water in deep tomorrow.

U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...

Comment

It’s been an interesting few weeks with my projects and not in the kindest of ways, but so is life. The temperatures around here have been hovering around high 30’s C for weeks. Santa Ana’s and bone dry. Both the F-13 and first SSSDH dried to quickly. I’ve kind of missed the window for an appropriate jar cure, so I’ll need to figure out how best to treat those plants.

On top of that, the bud worms have literally exploded and they are doing some damage. Some plants more so than others.

Still, in the mighty words of Pink Floyd...”the show must go on”

New Killer Malawi in front and Purple Haze x Thai in back

Malawi shots

I’d like to give her another week or so, but the worms are especially bad on this one. I didn’t even notice them 10 days ago. I had planned on cobbling a lot of this plant, so the buds getting munched will be well cleaned up and should make for good cobs.
      U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Comment

P. Haze x Malawi

Almost another foot in the past 10 days.

I should probably stop with the nitrogen feeds, but maybe one more.

Anybody see the first hints of purple?

Sunset daydream. Spicy, wood and oil.
        U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze #2

Pretty much ready to chop and showing a few signs of brown in the buds...likely from the damn worms. I could chop tomorrow, but I wish it would cool down a bit. I’m torn because if not then my next opportunity isn’t until early next week. There are a few newer pistils.

Needs a good look at tomorrow to decide what to do. The ambers on this lower bud say chop.
          U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

Another beautiful shot of the hills courtesy of Purple Haze x Malawi

New Killer Malawi S1 now has a citrus note behind the wood and oil.
            U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

SSSDH’s

#1, harvested and unfortunately dried too quickly while I was at the grove for a couple days. So, no cure...this one will continue to dry and then I plan to dry sift it.

8+ oz’s dry and a clear SSH haze perfume mingled with the diesel.
              U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

Oaxaca ‘79 x Panama

Late to the planting party, but she’s got a lovely little structure.

A bit of a trim job, but she’s a week or so away from finishing up.

The lemon scents that were once there is now totally mint. Never smelled it so strong in herbs before.
                U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

Couple shots of the Zacatecas tribute.

Slender, resin coated.

Interesting plant that should finish in the next week as well.

Mild mint which makes me think that’s an Oaxaca thing. Lemony fore notes.
                  U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

SSSDH #2 in the finish before cure

Leather and spice is strong

I may have a clone with a few OTH seeds. I’ve got to check.
                    U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

A few updates on the New Killer Malawi S1. From last evening.

Should have staked the plant, but she lasted on her thin stems. Flowers are not so voluminous to cause issues.

Just a slight hint on citrus with mostly wood and oil can aromas.

U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

We had bad Santa Ana’s today and due tomorrow as well. I decided to chop her.

Mostly deep clouds of trichomes.

A few amber spots

Hang dry in 55% RM about 70 deg F.

I think I’ll start snipping smaller flowers over next day or two and cob them up.
                        U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

Here’s the Purple Haze x Malawi in early flower.

So nice and spicy.

And early resin

U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

Purple haze x Malawi nearing the end. I probably should have been doing a bit more with feedings, but I was noticing brown tips where a few weeks back there were none. Likely should have been a bit more focus on P and K.

Definitely a lot of yellowing off, but still plenty of light green fans close to the buds.

I’m honestly not sure if she will go into December, so would appreciate your advice, dubi. More feedings or let her ride?

I would like to see some bud and trichome swell but it seems like she could be done by months end.

We are still pretty warm 30c down to 10 in evenings.

I’ve noticed a few brown buds, probably due to a few caterpillars followed by localized botrytis. Crispy, not mushy. This plant wasn’t nearly as effected as the others. I think because it was so far behind in flower, the moths laid eggs elsewhere for the most part. She survived a weekend of heavy rains a few weeks back.
                            U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

The smells are as expected. The OTH spice with a bit of the woods and oil from the Malawi. There is a distinct dark fruit liquor that is a pure tip to the purple OTH influence.

Large but very airy buds. Again hoping the last few weeks will beef her up a bit.

Very happy with her so far...but I’d likely not keep her and look to dig into the genetics as I still have a handful of seeds.

U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

Purple Haze x Malawi finishing up. Sorry for the night photos. I’ll get some day shots tomorrow. We are almost at the three week ripening period suggested by dubi, and he is of course spot on. I have to look in more detail tomorrow to decide if I chop or extend for another week. I may decide to take a partial harvest and let the rest go for another 7 days. That makes some sense.

The weather has really been superb and I trust she could easily go on. We are dealing with some significant Santa Ana’s, but temps have been great.

Straight water and sun for the past three weeks. A lot of fans are going bye, but the airy flowers are alive and well.

The resin output has increased significantly and I’ll be interested to take a close look tomorrow in order to decide what the final steps will be. Although this one didn’t purple, I’m actually hopeful it might lean a bit more green OTH in effect. Pure bliss!!!
                                U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Comment

Working...
                                X