What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roaring Twenties

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I am starting a new thread that I hope will be filled with much appreciation for Ace genetics as well the hope of preservation and advancement of all things cannabis related. The 1920’s were transcendent times and I believe for cannabis, these new Roaring 20’s will also be transcendent. Ace Seeds is by far...leading the way into this new era of open intelligence and access. The complete disclosure of breeding lines, testing details, etc. that Ace presents should lead the way (and become the norm) for all good breeders, pollen chuckers, etc. to stand behind their efforts. We have the wind beginning to form at our backs. Science allows us to truly share the realities of our craft. I am layman...or...Neanderthal to many of you ‘epic’ devotees of ganja...but I learn (and share) whenever I can. I raise a toast to dubi, Ace and everyone else in the arena of promoting cannabis enlightenment. Please grab popcorn, pull up a chair and share or just join along. These 20’s may start small, but are surely going to be EPICALLY ROARING.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
...from my 2019 posts (a closure). I have smoked the Tom Hills Haze multiple times. There is no doubt fire in that line. It’s too bad, Tom has packed his bags and left (temporarily I hope) the scene. His haze has to stand next to the Ace OTH offering. My experience with OTH lends me to think that the green expressions aren’t so distant from my experience with THH. Very caffeinated...very much head high. I do prefer the OTH but admit I took the THH a bit early, which may have lead to a higher degree of raciness. THH definitely produces quite well for a ‘pure’ haze line. I’ve seen the crosses between OTH and THH and would love to hear anyone’s opinions on the two, either separate or combined.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
My newest grows of Ace OTH x Meao Thai are just beginning to enter into cure and enjoyment. The purple version is still a ways off, but I did sneak a 5 week cured sample of the green OTH x MT. Without providing a proper smoke report, which I’ll save for another month, I can say that the green version is going to be quite epic. That edginess I felt with Tom’s Haze is just not exhibited with the Ace haze x Thai. Yes, for the first 10 minutes...it’s heart in your throat...but so quickly turns into a completely smiling feel good experience. I can’t wait to share the further cured and final report as well the essence of the purple x Thai.

Here’s the green version. I dug up the outdoor plant and put it into a pot. Introduced longer lights and now we are seeing a revegitation. Unfortunately, the purple was starting to show the same and I accidentally broke it’s one good branch while tending other plants. Such is life.

picture.php

picture.php

Assuming all goes well, the green OTHxMT will grow again in someone’s garden this summer.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
My current activities are around selecting stock for summer grows. I have a small collective that will likely put some of these stock into their own gardens this summer. I hope to detail wherever I can as we hopefully will see how the plants do in different gardens and climates here. From coastal to high desert, it should be exciting times.

picture.php

Ace Purple Haze x Malawi. She is quite advanced in growth compared to most, but still very nice internodal spacing. The goal is to clone all of these plants...perhaps run a few into flower indoors. Not sure this one will get indoor flower treatment as she really wants to shine outside.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Ace ‘Killer’ Malawi S1.

picture.php

She’s growing quite well and only a bit behind the HazexMalawi. Soon cloned, potted and I may give her the indoor look while we wait to get her outside. I found 8 seeds from an old stash of Afropips Malawi Mini. At some point, I’d love to grow more S1’s along side the Afropips and do some cross breeding.

Ace Old Timers Haze (seeds circa 2009).

picture.php

Assume female because I’ve yet to see a male OTH...but you never know. This one hates the nutrient feed that most of the other plants enjoy. It’s just too hot. I’ll clone and sex and try to ease off the nutrients if it ends up being female. No indoor run...just straight to a nice organic outdoor run.

picture.php

Super Malawi Haze (2) and Killer A5 (1) just sprouting up. A5 (front) is the slightly larger seedling.

More Ace gear to come as I just placed a nice new order. Please feel free to join into this thread with your own contributions and if you are in my neck of the woods and would like a cut or two...pm me.

kamyo

Veteran
Looking forward to this as always. From your experience, any particular traits to look for in veg with the OTHaze?

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Looking forward to this as always. From your experience, any particular traits to look for in veg with the OTHaze?

They are tough to suss out in veg. Just be aware of internode spacing. Even with good indoor lighting, some will stretch more than others. My newest sprout had thicker leaves to start, but quickly thinning out. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the traits that make the OTH desirable don’t really manifest until well into flower (IMHO). Check out CodyPomeray, rindindoo and others. They are growing quite a few OTH presently. You can see from them a diverse veg

Range

Unfortunately my country hasn't even reached the roaring twenties yet, we are still stuck in the Dark Ages of cannabis prohibition.

So while the rest of the world continues to make many leaps forward with all things cannabis, those of us that choose to grow the plant under penalty of punishment from the law can only watch on, enjoy what we can do, and send the rest of you good vibes.

B

Benny106

Unfortunately my country hasn't even reached the roaring twenties yet, we are still stuck in the Dark Ages of cannabis prohibition.

So while the rest of the world continues to make many leaps forward with all things cannabis, those of us that choose to grow the plant under penalty of punishment from the law can only watch on, enjoy what we can do, and send the rest of you good vibes.

They cant take us all brother!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Kudos to those who continue to push for a more just cannabis society.

‘Killer’ Malawi S1

picture.php

Hopefully dubi can comment along the way once I get this one into flower. Let me know how representative it is to the mother. Smell on the stem is very faint at this stage.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’m hopeful dubi won’t mind me adding some of the other plants I’m getting my ‘roar’ on in 2020.

Here’s the lone female DJ F13 original stock...

picture.php

Definitely has a strong lean towards the OPT.

Check out the female preflowers

picture.php

Huge, purpling and already glistening with stalked trichomes. Plenty of non stalked on the stem.

The other two F13’s are male. One looks to be pretty much auto. If I can keep it alive, I’m going to have fun with that pollen. Assuming it’s not sterile (common w F13). The other is also male, but shows strong signs of the mutant aspects of F13. Trying to see if it will grow out.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze. Original Reservior genetics. Whatever you care to think about the man, this is maybe one of the best seed releases Rez ever put out. The plants are very loud with the diesel genetics.

This is plant one.

picture.php

My favorite in early veg so far. A mix between the Diesel and the SSH. Nice tight internodes.

Plant three is a weird little girl. Definitely leaning more to the Sour Diesel.

picture.php

Number two is in between. Early leaves more Diesel, but now the leaves are starting to stretch to look more SSH leaning.

picture.php

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
The plants are looking good. I will be waiting for the smoke test. All the waiting is the hardest part for me.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The plants are looking good. I will be waiting for the smoke test. All the waiting is the hardest part for me.

You and me both Bombaycat. Doesn’t help I’m really just running indoors right now to clone for outdoors. Who knows when the next flowers will come. Glad to have you on board, though!

Hey, UHN, great start to a thread! I'm in agreement about how special the work that Ace is doing is. I look forward to the day that every breeder/seed producer is as transparent as Ace!

I recently received another order, and I can't wait to pop some more seeds. Harvested a few Bangi Hazes in December. Flowering ErdPurt, Zamaldelica and Purple Haze x Malawi right now. Next up will be another ErdPurt, Malawi x PCK, Bubba Hash and a non-Ace GG#4. Golden Tiger 3.0 is probably going to work it's way in after that, maybe alongside of a Panama cross.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you've got going!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hey, UHN, great start to a thread! I'm in agreement about how special the work that Ace is doing is. I look forward to the day that every breeder/seed producer is as transparent as Ace!

I recently received another order, and I can't wait to pop some more seeds. Harvested a few Bangi Hazes in December. Flowering ErdPurt, Zamaldelica and Purple Haze x Malawi right now. Next up will be another ErdPurt, Malawi x PCK, Bubba Hash and a non-Ace GG#4. Golden Tiger 3.0 is probably going to work it's way in after that, maybe alongside of a Panama cross.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you've got going!

Thanks, baconman. I’ve got a big order of seeds hopefully coming in this week. I look forward to following you as well!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
A few shots from the veg tonight. I need to work on getting my space dialed in this weekend. It’s time to start taking clones of everything I’ve got going.

picture.php

This is the Purple Haze x Malawi. Very nice tight internode spacing. I’m sure she will stretch a ton when going to flower.

picture.php

Old OTH seedling. Just water atm...still showing that it’s over fed. No idea on sex for this one, but I’ll bet female as that’s all I’ve ever popped when OTH is involved.

picture.php

Malawi S1. Based on convo w dubi, we think this is an S1 of the ‘new’ Killer Malawi. Probably the only one of these three that I even think about flowering indoors this year. The other two are going to be outdoor only.

picture.php

The two on the right are Super Malawi Haze and the left is Killer A5. Probably give a very mild nutrient feed. Will need to decide what gets an indoor go from these 3. I’ve got a female F13, 3 x SSSDH and 2 x Strawberry Diesel that I also am considering for indoor.

Keep roaring!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The eagle has landed (roared). Thanks Ace for getting these to me w no issues. One week post ship.

picture.php

Going to need to figure out what to add to my current grow. Thinking a few Lebanese and maybe the CBD #1 for my inland spot. Hot and dry...so should be perfect. Perhaps the Panama x PCK for the spot next to the ocean.

Latest posts

Latest posts