What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Zamaldelica feminized

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no idea what monkey cages at the zoo smell like but this might be my favorite description of what a plant smells like in a while. :biglaugh: MD

You will need to smell it once, and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about :D

As I was defoliating yesterday (noticed some leaves on top of leaves, creating condensation), I picked up on green (unripe) mango smell and a hint of lime.

:tiphat:

B

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick update:

Some photos from the end of week 8. If you compare these photos to the ones before, she shaked and laughed at the (what I'd consider heavy) defoliation done the week before.

A lime smell is becoming more intense as I rub the flowers, along with that Zoo funkiness.

Budsites continue to develop and the colas continue to grow in height. At this point I expect her to go for 12 weeks, maybe 13.

Questions, suggestions, all welcome.

B

Attachments

• Zamaldelica wk 8 overview.jpg
    Zamaldelica wk 8 overview.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Zamaldelica wk 8.jpg
    Zamaldelica wk 8.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Zamaldelica wk 8 Detail.jpg
    Zamaldelica wk 8 Detail.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 62

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Browser. In the last photos it seems that the twisting of the leaves has been corrected. Nice.:dance013:

Hiya Consolidated,

Thanks for chiming in. The twisting of the leaves still there. It's only with single finger leaves, in the colas. You kinda see some in the bottom left corner of the first photo.

Is it something I should be worried about/try to correct?

She's been difficult to read over the last days: the top colas from the bottom, which are higher and considerably less developed than the top cola*, would show as limp (thirsty), while the rest of the leaves in the plant are looking "normal" (horizontal).

* Consider that I've tried to train the plant so that it grew wide, rather than tall.

I let them go like that for another 24hrs, after all, the rest of the leaves in the plant where looking ok. Once I watered and went back to see after a couple of hrs, the 2 bottom colas where still limp. This was about 1L of water on it's 18L airpot with soil. EDIT: It needed some more water. After a couple extra hrs the limp leaves where looking better. Will add another 1L of water 24hrs after the last time.

The only explanation I can think of is that they are too close to the lamps, but if I compare it with another plant (Dominator by KG, vegging) next to it, and as close to the lamps, the latter doesn't seem to show any discomfort (under a 120 Led).

I've also noticed that what would be the "top" 1/3 of the plant (which was made to grow horizontally) seems to be maturing faster than the "bottom" 2/3s of the plant. I had seen this with plants that are left to grow upwards, as the bottom buds get less light, but never with a plant trained to grow flat.

Any thoughts?

B

Last edited:

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With Auto Zamaldelica now finished, I thought I'd share some observations:

- The plant does not finish all at the same time (see different stages of bud development in the 1st photo). About 3/5s were cut at week 12 of flowering with the rest at week 14.
- Very good production, with some nice colas, as tall as a kitchen paper roll. Taste of ripe mango. Definitively not something to use before going to sleep, but it was not as disorientating as expected (I was a bit scared after a long t break, but I didn't have paranoia or racing heart).
- Lost some to mold, watch your RH, coz she packs

Next run will be Auto Malawi. Like my attempt with the Auto Zamaldelica, only 1 out of the 2 seeds popped... I'm starting to suspect the 2x1 deal I got them from

Attachments

• photo2046561.png
    photo2046561.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • photo2046562.png
    photo2046562.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • photo2046563.png
    photo2046563.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 88
  • photo2046564.png
    photo2046564.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 81

MallardDuck

Thanks for the update Browser, I really liked this strain when I grew it last summer. I really enjoyed the energetic lysergic high it had. Im sorry to hear about your germination issues. I don't know Dubi well at all.... but I feel I know him well enough to say he wouldn't sell seeds under the ACE brand if he knew they had germination problems. I am 4/5 with my Auto Zam germinations personally. Best of luck with the Auto Malawi... I got huge outdoor colas from that strain, that smelled of strawberry and cedar.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Browser,

Really nice greenhouse! :) The mango tasting Auto Zamaldelicas of uplifting-psychedelic effects are my favorite ones within the line, glad you got some!
Watch out with RH in flowering since the Auto Malawi x NL does even bigger colas, therefore it's a bit more prone to botrytis than Auto Zamaldelica.

The stock we sell in our promotions is exactly the same stock distributed without promos.
If you have had a germination problem please send us an email with your order reference and we will check it out.

Last edited:

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hiya Mallard'duck and Dubi,

Interesting to read about the pheno you got MD, I got a couple more beans to try, and will definitively do again, this time with a better idea of what to expect, so that I can be better prepared. The pheno I got could also get lethargic, if overindulging, but it would mostly get me on an active mood without much of a perceived (body) high.

As for the germination problems, well, it's only been 2 attempts with 2 each time, and this time it seems that the success is 3 out of 4, with the 3rd one growing in extra slow mode. I wouldn't think that ACE would sell the seeds if they knew there were (germination or other) problems, but as each of these beans is very valuable to me, and the trouble to get them, every single one counts.

The "greenhouse"is actually a closet Dubi, not much than 50x50cm, with 3 other (non auto) plants that had been vegging forever (as I didn't expect the Auto Zamaldelica to take 12+ weeks), so that you can imagine the amount of foliage, and resulting humidity. Having said that, thank you for the heads up, this time I don't plant to have as much foliage creating humidity, as before, but look forward to those (even bigger) colas.

I was already in touch with Ace by email due to something else with my order, and reckon that I might have been too quick to pull the trigger on germination rates: Only 4 out of the 20+ have gone into the soil, and I shouldn't jump to conclusions yet, despite each single one being so valuable to me. My apologies if I gave the wrong impression.

B

libre

puestas en agua el día 1/4/2021 la temperatura fue baja lluviosa y muy nublada, mayo primera semana buena pero despues entre malo y algún claro.... La primera foto que encontré 26/04/2021 esta zamal arriba y luces del norte abajo como veis no crecieron nada esperando mejor tiempo, algo que ya e experimentado otros años en autos y como en otros años pensando en que en su quinto nudo comenzarían a florecer me equivoque hehehehehe , las siguientes fotos son de el 16 el cual fueron trasplantadas , 22 y 27/5/2021 me reservo una en el huerto que entro tarde enana y en flora y esta curiosa ñam, algo de flora en el siguiente post, mi selva huele bien

put in water on 1/4/2021 the temperature was low, rainy and very cloudy, May first week good but then between bad and some clear ... The first photo that I found 04/26/2021 is zamal above and lights of the North down as you can see they did not grow anything waiting for better time, something that I have already experienced in other years in cars and as in other years thinking that in their fifth node they would begin to bloom I am wrong hehehehehe, the following photos are of the 16 which were transplanted , 22 and 27/5/2021 I reserve one in the garden that I enter late in the morning and in flora and this curious yum, some flora in the next post, my jungle smells good

Attachments

• photo2054839.jpg
    photo2054839.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2054840.jpg
    photo2054840.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2054841.jpg
    photo2054841.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2054842.jpg
    photo2054842.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 42

libre

Comenzaron del día 10/06/2021 y las fotos de floración son de el día 30/6/2021 primero fenotipo uno olor a diferencia de el fenotipo dos empezó a oler a gominolas mas tarde y levemente para pasar despues a un olor a mandarina y mas despues a limón concentrado fuerte y rico y supongo que pasara por mas olores hehehe no le saco olor a resina aun pero si tiene un fondo hablo de fenotipos estructural y olor quizás luego enchufen parecidas

translated with google ............... They started from 06/10/2021 and the flowering photos are from 06/30/2021 first phenotype one smell unlike phenotype two It started to smell like jelly beans later and slightly to go on to a tangerine smell and later to a strong and rich concentrated lemon and I guess it will go through more smells hehehe I do not smell resin even but if it has a background I speak of structural phenotypes and smell maybe then plug in similar

Attachments

• photo2054853.jpg
    photo2054853.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 61
  • photo2054854.jpg
    photo2054854.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 62
  • photo2054852.jpg
    photo2054852.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 64
  • photo2054855.jpg
    photo2054855.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 70
  • photo2054856.jpg
    photo2054856.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 66
  • photo2054857.jpg
    photo2054857.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 68

libre

El segundo fenotipo salvo una rama ninguna sobrepasaba la hoja unida a el tallo principal, su estructura era achaparrada pero con hojas de ancho medio muí perfiladas me gusta cuando me sale alguna así, en flora comenzó a pasar esas hojas relajadamente pero sin parar. La flora empezó mas rechoncha con algo mas de flor pero de pequeño tamaño olía desde la preflora a chucherías dulce golosinas cosa fina y a lo que sigue oliendo

Translated with google .......... The second phenotype, except for one branch, none exceeded the leaf attached to the main stem, its structure was squat but with very outlined medium-width leaves I like when I get one like that, in flora began to pass those leaves relaxed but without stopping. The flora started more plump with a little more flower but small in size, it smelled from the pre-flower to sweet candy, fine things, and what still smells

Attachments

• photo2054851.jpg
    photo2054851.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 58
  • photo2054858.jpg
    photo2054858.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 63
  • photo2054860.jpg
    photo2054860.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2054859.jpg
    photo2054859.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 59
  • photo2054862.jpg
    photo2054862.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2054861.jpg
    photo2054861.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 54
  • photo2054863.jpg
    photo2054863.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 58
  • photo2054864.jpg
    photo2054864.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 57

libre

Tierra preparada y reutilizada todos los año, cada año renuevo parte y le agrego cosas nuevas estiércol gallinacea humus de guano de harina de roca harina de hueso harina de plumas diatomea bacterias algas microorganismos polvo de roca volcánica............ Como abonos de riego bio bizz fhish mezcla y bio blon algo de alga seca tambien y en dos semanas algo de agua miel si acaso entra algún potenciador es bio o mineral que a pesar de que raravez uso de minerales tiene su aquel combinado con bio naturales...... Quizás suba la foto de alguna flor, pero no esperéis mas hasta la cosecha de mis dolencias me hacen perezoso y la luz no acompaña para fotos en mi terraza, preste mi cámara y el móvil hace poca cosa nos vemos por auto norte ligh x malawi

Last edited:

libre

Land prepared and reused every year, every year I renew part and add new things to it gallinacea manure rock meal guano humus bone meal feather meal diatom bacteria algae microorganisms volcanic rock dust .......... .. As irrigation fertilizers bio bizz fhish mix and bio blon some dried seaweed as well and in two weeks some water honey if any enhancer enters it is bio or mineral that although rarely use of minerals has its that combined with bio natural ...... Maybe I upload the photo of a flower, but don't wait any longer until the harvest of my ailments they make me lazy and the light is not good for photos on my terrace, I lent my camera and the mobile phone does little thing. by car shore of the light x malawi..........................................................I do not understand what happened in the previous post hehehehehehehehe g4 has me stunned Atontaito perdio heheheheh

paisajedehierba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I hope it´s ok to place an AutoZam cross here. It´s Auto Zamaldelica (in late flowering citric smellinig pheno, very resinous, with dark green also slightly bluish leaves and an energetic up high) x Golden Tiger 3. Version (Thai dom). Seeds have been germinated on April 30. Transplanted outdoors Mid-May. First flowers on June 03. It´s a not very smelly pheno. F2 generation. Only every forth plant is automatic flowering. Indoors I started with 10 seeds. I found a hermie auto male (discarded) and this female. Height: 1,2m. I hope the early flowering stretch will continue for one or two weeks more. [/FONT]

Attachments

• Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (7).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (7).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (3).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (3).JPG
    129 KB · Views: 52
  • Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (5).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (5).JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (11).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (11).JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (10).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (10).JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (6).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (6).JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (8).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (8).JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (4).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (4).JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (2).JPG
    Auto Zam citric pheno x GT 3 _ F2_ autoflowering (2).JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 57

paisajedehierba

Do you plan to work this line to a full autoflower paisajedehierba? Really interesting work! Looking forward to see the end product.

Hi Mallard Duck,
thanks for interest. Yes, an full autoflowering line is the goal. After discard of the hermie auto male I germinated another four F2 seeds. There I found a second auto girl. This one received pollen from a sexually firm F1 male. I hope the pollen is fertil after a three month storing in the fridge. The second girl has a totally different smell ... intense-fruity-sweet ... perhaps more on the NL side terpine wise. The pot of this girl was smaller and the stay indoors was longer ... as a result the plant is smaller.

Attachments

• 2021-07-02_Auto Zam x GT 3_second autoflowering girl pollinated indoors (3).JPG
    2021-07-02_Auto Zam x GT 3_second autoflowering girl pollinated indoors (3).JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 2021-07-02_Auto Zam x GT 3_second autoflowering girl pollinated indoors.JPG
    2021-07-02_Auto Zam x GT 3_second autoflowering girl pollinated indoors.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 2021-07-02_Auto Zam x GT 3_second autoflowering girl pollinated indoors (2).JPG
    2021-07-02_Auto Zam x GT 3_second autoflowering girl pollinated indoors (2).JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 51

MallardDuck

Hi Mallard Duck,
thanks for interest. Yes, an full autoflowering line is the goal. After discard of the hermie auto male I germinated another four F2 seeds. There I found a second auto girl. This one received pollen from a sexually firm F1 male. I hope the pollen is fertil after a three month storing in the fridge. The second girl has a totally different smell ... intense-fruity-sweet ... perhaps more on the NL side terpine wise. The pot of this girl was smaller and the stay indoors was longer ... as a result the plant is smaller.

Awesome! That is a really exciting bit of autoflower breeding and super for those of us at northern latitudes. Make sure you keep us updated :)

Latest posts

Latest posts