What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Satellite

Vysocinagrower

Veteran
I love her colors.She starts smell like cherry.

IMG_20210905_162748.jpg

IMG_20210913_200620.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Last edited:

Legalcdn

Purple Satellite green pheno

Now that is a piece of art NENugger.

i have 2 purp sat under scrogs just starting light reduction indoors. 17/7 one day, 15/9 for 3 days, began 14/10 now for 10 days, then 13/11 after for 10 days and then 12/12 for the rest.

Legalcdn

It certainly smells like cherry.
i put a filter on camera. I am feeding jacks 3-2-.5 in coco DTW in 11 liter buckets. I have been stepping down the lights and i am now at 13 hour lights on. In 7 days i move to 12/12. I plan on dusting a branch or 2 with golden tiger.

i have 2 scrogged. I will show both later.
Screenshot_20210930-203927_Gallery.jpg

Legalcdn

Slowly starting to flower. I have 4 more days on 13/11 light schedule. No signs of herm.. smells nice.

Screenshot_20211004-175043_Gallery.jpg

Legalcdn

6 days later using jacks 3gr, calnit 2.5, eps salts .5gr per gal. She is now on 12.5hrs on. I will dust 2 branches with golden tiger.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211010-094712_Gallery.jpg Views:	8 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	17963149

Last edited:

Legalcdn

A question for growers with experience with purple satelite indoors. When you use graduated light reduction 14hrs/ 13hrs lights on over a 3 week period to reduced stress and hermie potential, what was the full flower weeks used? Roughly 10 weeks from start to finish (including graduated light schedule)?

i am at 4 weeks from starting 14hr at the beginning.

justabluez

Veteran
A question for growers with experience with purple satelite indoors. When you use graduated light reduction 14hrs/ 13hrs lights on over a 3 week period to reduced stress and hermie potential, what was the full flower weeks used? Roughly 10 weeks from start to finish (including graduated light schedule)?

i am at 4 weeks from starting 14hr at the beginning.

I can tell you that Purple Satellite does not seem to like being thrown straight into 11/13. Thats what I did, and I regret it. She did not like it. However, I had another one that seemed ok with the 11/13, but it flowered slow...... I should have followed vermontmans directions.....NEXT TIME !!!

Legalcdn

Screenshot_20211018-131929_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211018-131911_Gallery.jpg
I had friends i gave clones to and it herm'd at 12/12. I have in fact reduced it to 15hrs for last week of veg, then 14hr (10 days), 13hr (10 days), and i have been running 12.5hr for 14 days.

Screenshot_20211018-131958_Gallery.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Mine Hermed inside and outside. But many of the nanners must have been sterile because there were only a few seeds.

Legalcdn

5 weeks flower.jpg
Mine Hermed inside and outside. But many of the nanners must have been sterile because there were only a few seeds.

Cannared, what light schedule did you use indoors?

Also, the P Sat seems to do quite ok with humidity fluctuations. It averages 65-80% in my room but with strong wind it seems good. 5 weeks left on the cycle.

cola at 5 weeks (graduated reduced light schedule included).

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
First time 12/12. Then I tried following Vermontmans directions.
I'm definitely not downing the strain. I probably would have been mad if they seeded, but maybe 0-3 seeds per plant, I think I had 6 females. It didn't turn out to be a problem, other than bag appeal.
I don't have any p.s. plants anymore. I made F2s and a cross to my PurpAl for future fun.
It was an awesome strain for finishing in Virginia in September. Loss less than 3 grams to rot.

Legalcdn

Nice. I pollinated a cola with golden tiger and will use the remaining GTiger for the killer a5 haze. Thanks for the info.

vermontman

Purple Satellite green pheno

Hello NE!
First I just wanted to say I am impressed with all the great grows here. I just read the whole thread and really stoked with the great responses you guys and presumably gals have kicked canna gardening ass!
But NENugger man that is grown better than some of my own!
NICE!!!!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
An intriguing variety for sure. I'm growing a lot of different Oaxacan crosses lately so the interbreeding possibilities are terrific. I will definitely try PS outdoors next spring, and hopefully have pollen from Zipolite Oaxacan or Red Snake to hit it with.

RobFromTX

Hey Guys. New to the forums. I have 13 seedlings in Veg, of which 8 are PS. But when i bought these seeds I was unaware that it was bred to be grown outdoors, clumsiness on my part. But have some of you guys had some success growing this indoors without any big problems? I see alot of really great outdoor grows on here but thats a luxury I cant afford right now. I know VTman is a stellar breeder as I grew out Mountain Gold and PPB indoors with fantastic results last year, but the research I'm finding so far says that PS can be highly difficult and prone to hermie when grown under lights. Im bummed a didn't read more about the strain before planting but it sounds like such a great sativa. I just wanted to hear some other folks experience growing this strain indoors before I decide whether to remove them. Cheers

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
My understanding is to reduce the light gradually over a couple of weeks until you get to 12/12 and you should be good. Also, you may want to keep them in smaller pots for the veg and first weeks of flower to help control stretch. Then up pot as soon as stretch weeks are over.

herbgreen

Veteran
Hey Guys. New to the forums. I have 13 seedlings in Veg, of which 8 are PS. But when i bought these seeds I was unaware that it was bred to be grown outdoors, clumsiness on my part. But have some of you guys had some success growing this indoors without any big problems? I see alot of really great outdoor grows on here but thats a luxury I cant afford right now. I know VTman is a stellar breeder as I grew out Mountain Gold and PPB indoors with fantastic results last year, but the research I'm finding so far says that PS can be highly difficult and prone to hermie when grown under lights. Im bummed a didn't read more about the strain before planting but it sounds like such a great sativa. I just wanted to hear some other folks experience growing this strain indoors before I decide whether to remove them. Cheers

:smokeit:This IS in the thread somewhere... It talks about gradual switch over to 12/12 rater than sudden flip...I would think long veg might help out as well..get the plant to the most mature place possible before flowering maybe even use the initial plants as mothers and take some rooted clone and flower them.

This is from S33d finder I can't link there...or even type Seedfinder <S33dfinder:D

PURPLE SATELLITE

OAXACAN GOLD PURPLE LINE X BLUEHEMPS BAGLUNG SATIVA

Fully endorsed by ACE SEED CO the most reputable Sativa seed source,

and available on their site under the logo

GREEN MOUNTAIN SEEDS

Purple Satellite got its name for it's purple spear shaped buds that aim towards the sky. and Satellite because of it being the first time seed release by Green Mountain Seeds.

Purple Satellite grows to it's potential by being started indoors in early April under 24 hour light cycle, and moved outdoors after last threat of frost their final pots of 30 liters and can benefit from having pots partially buried in good rich garden soil, for further root penetration.

Purple Satellite outdoors finishing at latitude 42 north, from early to late Sept making Purple Satellite the earliest pure Sativa in its class for the most northern gardens.

Outdoors she is very mold resistant if you mind your nutrients starting early flower.

Purple Satellite is not prone to hermaphrodite but,

Indoors Purple Satellite takes special skills to flower properly. She does best under 360W per three square feet of red heavy LED grow lights at a flowering initiation time of 14/10 light cycle or the first several weeks. Then graduating down to 13/11 for a few weeks then down to 12/12 to finish. This comes from the Nepali side o the strain being adapted to growing in the most northern regions of Denmark where the summer day length is very long.

Purple Satellite also can be grown outdoors and brought indoors during mid flower after stretch for also exquisite results. Again under red heavy LED grow light at 13/11 for two weeks and then 12/12 to finish.LED brings on the most intense purple coloring out in the buds.

Purple Satellite is not especially sensitive to feeding, up to flowering and seems to thrive best on organic amendments.

RobFromTX

My understanding is to reduce the light gradually over a couple of weeks until you get to 12/12 and you should be good. Also, you may want to keep them in smaller pots for the veg and first weeks of flower to help control stretch. Then up pot as soon as stretch weeks are over.

Thanks for the info. I plan to follow the light schedule. I just hope it doesn't affect my 4 zacatecas tribute negatively. I put the PBB and mountain gold straight to 11/13 and had no problems whatsoever. With regular seeds I always start them in 1 gallon pots and transplant them to 5 gallon grow bags once sexing is complete