What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Fronk

Day 1.

Day 1.

picture.php

MyGrowRoom

does this look like a polyploid branch? only one branch is like this. it is almost triple the size of other branches. first time having something like this.

Attachments

• A5 (3).jpg
    A5 (3).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 33
  • A5 (4).jpg
    A5 (4).jpg
    103 KB · Views: 38
G

does this look like a polyploid branch? only one branch is like this. it is almost triple the size of other branches. first time having something like this.

Hello! Yes it is fasciated. I also had a killer a5 do this in my last run.

xerb

Today is D day! Killer A5 spotted on the beach

Today is D day! Killer A5 spotted on the beach

Hey Syd, Wish you were here...

I tried this a month or so back, but the cure wasn't complete.
Even at that point it tasted strongly of hash and some greasy exotic wood smoke of some kind.

Today is D day. I know this one is going to make me numb and DUMB !

Killer A5 - This was my first run, she was a breeze to grow indoors, the product looks incredible in terms of resin coverage.
She smells very exotic, crazy to think this is a pure sativa.

Seems like a good yielder with very little manicuring required.

My mouth is watering, I will have to check back later with a smoke report... Xerb

ipchains

Hi xerb,

It's not quite 'pure' sativa, 25% of NL5 is definitely there and can be clearly seen in some phenos. I'll try to upload a photo of such pheno in this post.

BTW, NL5/Haze A phenos seem the strongest of the bunch to me ;)

Cheers,

Attachments

• 20200704_231618.jpg
    20200704_231618.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 40

ipchains

Sorry, forgot to crop the image for proper orientation. This is more developed version of the same bud ?

Attachments

• 20210109_021716.jpg
    20210109_021716.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 41

OZZ_

Veteran
Killer A5 haze clone heading into her 2nd week of flower. Immensely faster than the seed plant with hardly any stretch at all. :biggrin:

Who knows her future, I may not be able to finish her if we have to move far away again in our current Gypsy ways, but I gotta have something growing or I feel incomplete so for now she grows :biglaugh:

picture.php

MyGrowRoom

My Killer A5 Haze at week 8. It has 5 more weeks.

Attachments

• A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 32
  • A5 (15).jpg
    A5 (15).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 36
  • A5 (14).jpg
    A5 (14).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 34
  • A5 (6).jpg
    A5 (6).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 28
  • A5 (8).jpg
    A5 (8).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 33

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Apologies, I wasn't sure if it belonged in this thread or the Super Malawi Haze thread. Still love the idea of Chi P Variabilis (listed below the NL5 x Haze) mixed bag from Neville at $1 per seed.

Mimpi Manis

Assuming smoke reports are OK? Don't wanna find myself in 'dropped pearls' at 10 metres scenario.

Tonight am trying the KA5 I grew last season. Well I mixed it with some Ace Panama freebie (regs). Matched up beautifully. Very euphoric buzz. Strong and amenable. The KA5 I grew was pretty scruffy. But damn, didnt it still turn out to be quite something. I know I can grow it better. I've grown for 40 years (outside) and have seen 16 foot sativas in some gardens. But first time with South American and African genetics. Bit of a curve. But enjoying the ride. Both of these I vaccum cured. Damn... didnt it turn out nice. That magic that happens. Especially with sativas. Both improved measureably. No question I'll be growing out the KA5 Fems and the Panama regs next season. Male might be handy?

The guys at ACE do a good job don't they? Just the preservation of these outstanding landraces and heirlooms. Never mind the fun stuff. So far, it seems to me, the cannabis community has for most part distinguished itself. I would hate to see it ruined by corporate influence. Interesting times.

Mimpi Manis

Nope... just using a domestic vac machine which utilizes food grade plastic. It's possible to really crank it and turn the buds into something resembling compressed Thai sticks. I prefer a lighter touch to keep buds a little more intact. Am sure the purists would balk, but it works fine for my modest aims. They come out fresh, not at all dry... with all the fab goodness that a good long cure brings. (I think leaving a little air in there has to assist the cure process... no?). Better than a standard jar cure? Dunno. But may be able to comment down the road - if I can find the time for a good 'this versus that' trial. The cobbing system that Tangwena uses is interesting. But I worry about buggering up a bunch of nice bud learning the ropes. I suppose this is my less risky alternative of sorts.

For long term storage (years) I reckon it could be the biz. Everything - including the dried fruit etc I bought it for - comes out as fresh as it went in. I wonder how long term storage of seeds would cope? Asumming they need a little oxygen to survive? Anyone like to chime in?

browntrout

Veteran
Nope... just using a domestic vac machine which utilizes food grade plastic. It's possible to really crank it and turn the buds into something resembling compressed Thai sticks. I prefer a lighter touch to keep buds a little more intact. Am sure the purists would balk, but it works fine for my modest aims. They come out fresh, not at all dry... with all the fab goodness that a good long cure brings. (I think leaving a little air in there has to assist the cure process... no?). Better than a standard jar cure? Dunno. But may be able to comment down the road - if I can find the time for a good 'this versus that' trial. The cobbing system that Tangwena uses is interesting. But I worry about buggering up a bunch of nice bud learning the ropes. I suppose this is my less risky alternative of sorts.

For long term storage (years) I reckon it could be the biz. Everything - including the dried fruit etc I bought it for - comes out as fresh as it went in. I wonder how long term storage of seeds would cope? Asumming they need a little oxygen to survive? Anyone like to chime in?

Works great for me as well, the smell that comes out of the bag vs a jar is worth it. Plus easy to freeze, can’t break it, and you can dense up some looser outdoor buds slightly as well. I always hated what jar curing does to the smell.

Mimpi Manis

Mr Trout said:
Works great for me as well, the smell that comes out of the bag vs a jar is worth it. Plus easy to freeze, can’t break it, and you can dense up some looser outdoor buds slightly as well. I always hated what jar curing does to the smell.

Was beginning to wonder if I'm some kind of rule breaking outlier? Good to know someone else is onboard at least. I still use glass, but all that clanking when I'm sorting through the stash wi not exactly discreet. Or space saving. The vac/pak has its place I reckon. We may just find other measureable benefits down the road. The freezing idea seems a good one for long term storage.

browntrout

Veteran
Mr Trout said:

Was beginning to wonder if I'm some kind of rule breaking outlier? Good to know someone else is onboard at least. I still use glass, but all that clanking when I'm sorting through the stash wi not exactly discreet. Or space saving. The vac/pak has its place I reckon. We may just find other measureable benefits down the road. The freezing idea seems a good one for long term storage.

Yeah I’m addicted to opening my Shiskaberry x blueberry sativa #3 bag. Like fucking grape skittles with citrus/ acrid ammonia (like old afghani acrid) notes. Let’s just say that bag alone has been sealed and opened far to plenty. What a smell!!

It truly works well, no dead space of stagnant moist air to develop lawn clipping/hay smells.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That sounds like the standard vacuum pack they use to seal and compress dope before sending it out. I hate what it does to the trics on the exterior of the buds. Smashes them, oil goes everywhere, and makes the stuff like peanut brittle after a while if the flower was good and frosty. However, I always prefer that stinky stuck together mess, over a bag of dry flowers. Those trics are ready to explode in smell when that chunka dope gets broken back into buds.

I never thought to just bust off a piece and put the rest in the freezer. Always went into jars for burping.

Latest posts

Latest posts