Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope... just using a domestic vac machine which utilizes food grade plastic. It's possible to really crank it and turn the buds into something resembling compressed Thai sticks. I prefer a lighter touch to keep buds a little more intact. Am sure the purists would balk, but it works fine for my modest aims. They come out fresh, not at all dry... with all the fab goodness that a good long cure brings. (I think leaving a little air in there has to assist the cure process... no?). Better than a standard jar cure? Dunno. But may be able to comment down the road - if I can find the time for a good 'this versus that' trial. The cobbing system that Tangwena uses is interesting. But I worry about buggering up a bunch of nice bud learning the ropes. I suppose this is my less risky alternative of sorts.

For long term storage (years) I reckon it could be the biz. Everything - including the dried fruit etc I bought it for - comes out as fresh as it went in. I wonder how long term storage of seeds would cope? Asumming they need a little oxygen to survive? Anyone like to chime in?
    'If you want to live outside the law... you've got to be honest'. R Zimmerman.

Comment

Originally posted by Labia Joose View Post
      Nope... just using a domestic vac machine which utilizes food grade plastic. It's possible to really crank it and turn the buds into something resembling compressed Thai sticks. I prefer a lighter touch to keep buds a little more intact. Am sure the purists would balk, but it works fine for my modest aims. They come out fresh, not at all dry... with all the fab goodness that a good long cure brings. (I think leaving a little air in there has to assist the cure process... no?). Better than a standard jar cure? Dunno. But may be able to comment down the road - if I can find the time for a good 'this versus that' trial. The cobbing system that Tangwena uses is interesting. But I worry about buggering up a bunch of nice bud learning the ropes. I suppose this is my less risky alternative of sorts.

For long term storage (years) I reckon it could be the biz. Everything - including the dried fruit etc I bought it for - comes out as fresh as it went in. I wonder how long term storage of seeds would cope? Asumming they need a little oxygen to survive? Anyone like to chime in?
      Works great for me as well, the smell that comes out of the bag vs a jar is worth it. Plus easy to freeze, can’t break it, and you can dense up some looser outdoor buds slightly as well. I always hated what jar curing does to the smell.
      Mother of Berry x Blue Durban-Chitral
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329624

Comment

Mr Trout said:
        Works great for me as well, the smell that comes out of the bag vs a jar is worth it. Plus easy to freeze, can’t break it, and you can dense up some looser outdoor buds slightly as well. I always hated what jar curing does to the smell.
        Was beginning to wonder if I'm some kind of rule breaking outlier? Good to know someone else is onboard at least. I still use glass, but all that clanking when I'm sorting through the stash wi not exactly discreet. Or space saving. The vac/pak has its place I reckon. We may just find other measureable benefits down the road. The freezing idea seems a good one for long term storage.
        'If you want to live outside the law... you've got to be honest'. R Zimmerman.

Comment

Originally posted by Labia Joose View Post
          Mr Trout said:

Was beginning to wonder if I'm some kind of rule breaking outlier? Good to know someone else is onboard at least. I still use glass, but all that clanking when I'm sorting through the stash wi not exactly discreet. Or space saving. The vac/pak has its place I reckon. We may just find other measureable benefits down the road. The freezing idea seems a good one for long term storage.
          Yeah I’m addicted to opening my Shiskaberry x blueberry sativa #3 bag. Like fucking grape skittles with citrus/ acrid ammonia (like old afghani acrid) notes. Let’s just say that bag alone has been sealed and opened far to plenty. What a smell!!

It truly works well, no dead space of stagnant moist air to develop lawn clipping/hay smells.

Comment

That sounds like the standard vacuum pack they use to seal and compress dope before sending it out. I hate what it does to the trics on the exterior of the buds. Smashes them, oil goes everywhere, and makes the stuff like peanut brittle after a while if the flower was good and frosty. However, I always prefer that stinky stuck together mess, over a bag of dry flowers. Those trics are ready to explode in smell when that chunka dope gets broken back into buds.

I never thought to just bust off a piece and put the rest in the freezer. Always went into jars for burping.
            ______________________________ __________________________
            Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Comment

Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
              That sounds like the standard vacuum pack they use to seal and compress dope before sending it out. I hate what it does to the trics on the exterior of the buds. Smashes them, oil goes everywhere, and makes the stuff like peanut brittle after a while if the flower was good and frosty. However, I always prefer that stinky stuck together mess, over a bag of dry flowers. Those trics are ready to explode in smell when that chunka dope gets broken back into buds.

I never thought to just bust off a piece and put the rest in the freezer. Always went into jars for burping.
              Your right. It most certainly can break some of the trichs off, just depends how far you take it.on my vac sealer I can seal it wherever. I never ever go full vacuum, unless I’m making cobs. There is a happy medium.

Comment

I have some of these seeds coming, and look forward to trying to grow it in a tent.
                Last edited by flylowgethigh; 01-30-2021, 02:03.
                ______________________________ __________________________
                Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Comment

1989 minimum wage 3.35 so about 30 hours of work for 100 dollars back then now it's about 250 damn high end seeds were more expensive back in the day in 2025 it will be closer to 450 minus fica for 30 hours of work

Comment

Day 31.

Comment

What a beautiful picture
                      For how to make cobs start reading from page 212 in the thread Malawi style cob cureing.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=2118

Comment

Day 37.

Thanks Tang!

Comment

I have 3 seeds left from a purchase of 5 dated 5/13/19. 1 of the original 2 still survives and now on my 3rd try with it I am hopeful I'll see results like others. After I harvest it mid March I will probably start the other 3...or at least one depending on room available. The reason I purchased this in the beginning was the genetics. So, I'll keep playing with it and enjoying it. As always thanks to Dubi and crew.
                          Last edited by Morthan Hobby; 02-18-2021, 20:32.

Comment

Originally posted by browntrout View Post
                            Your right. It most certainly can break some of the trichs off, just depends how far you take it.on my vac sealer I can seal it wherever. I never ever go full vacuum, unless I’m making cobs. There is a happy medium.
                            Been there. It was not funny at the time but it sure is now. I destroyed a pound of dairy Queen with a vacuum sealer this way. Max vacked it down to less than an inch thickness and when I finally arrived at my destination and peeled it apart we ended up calling it DQ Smush because it was a completely different texture like a concentrate. It was actually wonderful to smoke.

Comment

Here are my two killer 85 at about 4 weeks I think.

Number one in the back of the tray needs to be moved to the front so that I can increase the feed and give it some love. It looks hungry.

Here is number two which is shorter and bushier. The cute little thing in the back is a Erdpurt pck showing some pck color.

Frost production happens later I understand but I'm getting a little wood and leather off these two. Very similar so far. Stay safe everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MIGreenman View Post
                                Here are my two killer 85 at about 4 weeks I think.

Number one in the back of the tray needs to be moved to the front so that I can increase the feed and give it some love. It looks hungry.

Here is number two which is shorter and bushier. The cute little thing in the back is a Erdpurt pck showing some pck color.

Frost production happens later I understand but I'm getting a little wood and leather off these two. Very similar so far. Stay safe everyone.
                                Looks like your first one is a A5 pheno and the second a Malawi. That’s about as good as it gets!

Comment

Working...
                                X