What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Humple W.

Did you do any form of training as of yet? They look like they will beat humans back to the moon....

No training yet, no. Just topped each one time. Kind of wanted to see what they'd do if I let them be, but intervention is clearly required! Hot damn, they're beasts!!

El Quijote

No training yet, no. Just topped each one time. Kind of wanted to see what they'd do if I let them be, but intervention is clearly required! Hot damn, they're beasts!!

Si crecen muy a lo bestia y en cultivo en interior no me quiero imaginar, y la Haze x Kali China es todavía más bestia como crece ,se nota que hay buena genética en ambas plantas 🍻🍻

Humple W.

Very cool. Does it seem to make a difference in quality or yield?

In yield, definitely. Still undecided on quality. I really need to do a proper side-by-side, with the same cutting in each tent (I have an identical tent, with an identical overhead fixture, but without the side-lighting), grown at the same time, so I can do an A/B smoke test. I've grown the same strains in both tents, but months apart, so by the time I harvest one, the bud from the other tent has been smoked up or given away, which makes me question any impressions I have of the bud from the tent with the added reds (as there's nothing to compare it to).

Emptymonth

My girls are doing well. They still don't look like sativas to me but we shall so what happens when they flower.
I was planning to do my first scrog with them but I have not set up a proper grow area and I have to do a lot of clearing and cleaning to make space.
My worry is that they may grow too big for the grow area that I am planning as I only have enough light for a 3ft by 4ft grow area.
so I am thinking that I should move them outside (summer coming here).
Maybe move one out and try using the whole grow space for the remaining plant?
would love the opinion of those of you with experience of this strain.
Thanks in advance.
20211001_065747.jpg
20211001_065721.jpg
20211001_065706.jpg

RED 1

In yield, definitely. Still undecided on quality. I really need to do a proper side-by-side, with the same cutting in each tent (I have an identical tent, with an identical overhead fixture, but without the side-lighting), grown at the same time, so I can do an A/B smoke test. I've grown the same strains in both tents, but months apart, so by the time I harvest one, the bud from the other tent has been smoked up or given away, which makes me question any impressions I have of the bud from the tent with the added reds (as there's nothing to compare it to).

Girls look majestic HW,you will be rewarded both in quantity and quality
I wonder if higher temperatures contribute to quantity, and, quality when PK boosting is 'diluted' because watering, becomes more frequent?

​​​​

Humple W.

My girls are doing well. They still don't look like sativas to me but we shall so what happens when they flower.
I was planning to do my first scrog with them but I have not set up a proper grow area and I have to do a lot of clearing and cleaning to make space.
My worry is that they may grow too big for the grow area that I am planning as I only have enough light for a 3ft by 4ft grow area.
Thanks in advance.

Looking good! I don't have much experience with this strain (this is my first time growing KA5H), but I would definitely be more concerned about vertical space. I think 3' x 4' should be plenty when it comes to the horizontal dimensions - I'm growing my two plants in a 31.5" x 31.5" tent, and so far the lateral space seems sufficient.

Emptymonth

Looking good! I don't have much experience with this strain (this is my first time growing KA5H), but I would definitely be more concerned about vertical space. I think 3' x 4' should be plenty when it comes to the horizontal dimensions - I'm growing my two plants in a 31.5" x 31.5" tent, and so far the lateral space seems sufficient.

Sorry, I miswrote the dimensions, it will be 2ft by 4ft. Should have 4 ft of growing height

Humple W.

Sorry, I miswrote the dimensions, it will be 2ft by 4ft. Should have 4 ft of growing height

Ahh... Yeah, I think I'd be a little nervous about growing two of these plants in a space that size. But it does look like you have more compact phenos, so maybe you'll be alright? Still, if you do have the right climate for growing it to maturity outside, that might not be a bad idea!

Best of luck!

Emptymonth

Ahh... Yeah, I think I'd be a little nervous about growing two of these plants in a space that size. But it does look like you have more compact phenos, so maybe you'll be alright? Still, if you do have the right climate for growing it to maturity outside, that might not be a bad idea!

Best of luck!

I would really love to see how big these guys can go outside.
I grew a monster last year that I got over a kilo from so have high hope's (excuse the pun) for this girl.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Don't put them in any bigger pot until you are sure the stretch is over and that should help. They look pretty mellow so far though.

libre

1/10/2021. Afternoon photos
ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Attachments

• photo2076343.jpg
    photo2076343.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 31
  • photo2076344.jpg
    photo2076344.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2076345.jpg
    photo2076345.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2076348.jpg
    photo2076348.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2076347.jpg
    photo2076347.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 34
  • photo2076346.jpg
    photo2076346.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2076351.jpg
    photo2076351.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 32
  • attach17958186.jpg
    attach17958186.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

libre

:dance:

Olores metálicos por el momento en ella, flores blanco lima que me hace soñar mas sobre ella

Metallic smells at the moment in her, lime white flowers that makes me dream more about her

Attachments

• photo2076352.jpg
    photo2076352.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2076353.jpg
    photo2076353.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 22
  • photo2076354.jpg
    photo2076354.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 22
  • photo2076355.jpg
    photo2076355.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 22

RED 1

Thanks in advance.

Why not run the strain, both indoors, and, outdoors?, if legal
Have to mention legally, because it takes away the 'stress' factor away
You giving them the space to develop, and, yourself the unique opportunity to observe the strain in that 'grow set up, split'
​​​​​

RED 1

You giving them the space to develop, and, yourself the unique opportunity to observe the strain in that 'grow set up, split'
​​​​​

A few in the sun a month on the date before harvest, to the left
Golden Tiger Thai monster, her Old Killer Malawi sister
​​​​​

Attachments

• photo2076636.jpg
    photo2076636.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 31
  • photo2076637.jpg
    photo2076637.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2076638.jpg
    photo2076638.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2076639.jpg
    photo2076639.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 31

RED 1

A few in the sun a month on the date before harvest, to the left
Golden Tiger Thai monster, her Old Killer Malawi sister
​​​​​
First try with strain indoors

Attachments

• photo2076652.jpg
    photo2076652.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2076653.jpg
    photo2076653.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 46
  • photo2076654.jpg
    photo2076654.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2076655.jpg
    photo2076655.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2076656.jpg
    photo2076656.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 46

Emptymonth

​​​​​

I think I will grow one inside so I can try my hand at scrogging and one outside to see how big it can get. Will also be interesting to sè if there is any difference in potency as they look to be the same pheno.
It is legal to grow here in South Africa but the stress of growing outside comes from thieves. I have had kilos of the stuff stolen and the cops don't want to do anything about it.
I have to say that it was quite interesting going to the police station to report the theft. They actually didn't know what to do as I live in a small village and I am pretty sure it had never happened before.

Emptymonth

Maybe grow guerrilla style then. :)

I did have one huge plant (got over a kilo from her) that they missed last year so will try that spot again and I am thinking of planting some hemp in a very visible and accessible area. I am hoping they will steal that, decide my stuff is crap and leave the rest alone.