What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent Neiko ;)

Your Thai Chi looks very healthy, hope you enjoy flowering her!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi ACE fans. I just wanted to share my Thai Chi. I flipped her yesterday after almost 3 months of veg. I'm really looking forward to this girl and the cobs she'll make. Sorry for the sideways pics I'm not sure how to fix that.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77527&pictureid=1865528&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77527&pictureid=1865527&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77527&pictureid=1865529&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Prepare to witness a metamorphosis! :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Smoke Report Update

Smoke Report Update

Now she has been curing for over a month, is the time for preliminary smoke report... I seriously doubt shel'll survive August but she's getting better and better, will try to reserve a (small! :)) jar for the 3 months curing mark.

Would run her again in a snap if available.

Let's start by saying that right now, she's the one I find myself reaching out for over and over.

Smoke
Smooth as silk

Bouquet
My Kali China has a roasted liver plus a --subduing with cure-- soapy, ginger-like overtone bouquet.

This Thai-Chi final bouquet starts where the Kali China roasted liver "ends", liver becoming just a hint, extending the ginger taste but this time the more pronounced --in Thai Chi-- soapy or perfumey overtone cured to a delicious twist towards nutmeg.

As Kali China, absolutely class A gourmet smoke, with Thai Chi's personality morphy twist.

Potency
The most potent, only surpassed by my Guawi

Effects
So far, my preferred one, that's why I reach for her that much... it suits all moods!

Incredible psichoactive quality.

Half hour ago was toking and reading the forum but left my mind to wander, and suddenlly all fonts morphed into some Ghost N' Goblins kind of fonts if you know what I mean... at tiny sizes! crazy! :biggrin: it was just a millisecond and incredibly enjoyable! :woohoo:

Something ike this:
attachment.php

Gourmet A+++ smoke overall.

Kudos Dubi! incredible taste! (not to mention skills!). What would be the next cross to try in this gourmet line?? What was the cross you explored next? There will be Thai Chi again?

Attachments

• Blasphemy.jpg
    Blasphemy.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Neiko

Thanks for that update Repuk. I'm loving how my Thai Chi is progressing. She's at day 27 since flip now. I'm glad I kept a clone of this beauty. Here she is:

Sorry guys, I don't know why they uploaded sideways. Maybe someone can point in the right direction for uploading pics?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Why Some Pictures Are Displayed Sideways at ICMAG

Why Some Pictures Are Displayed Sideways at ICMAG

Hello Neiko! That lady is looking lovely! Thai Chi is a really Gorgeous and morphing lady...

Why Some Pictures Are Displayed Sideways at ICMAG (or other sites)

Neiko said:
I don't know why they uploaded sideways. Maybe someone can point in the right direction for uploading pics?

How were these pictures taken? vertically? Maybe a phone or gps-enabled device? did you rotate them later on your PC, maybe a Mac?

If so, check such program settings.

Phones and gps-enabled cameras save jpegs like this if enabled, and some programs, like Preview on the Mac, offer "lossless rotation" for JPEG, or "Rotate Without Modifying Contents" at rotating or specially exporting time, which if enabled saves the picture data intact, flagged with a rotation, which supporting programs are able to read, rotating and displaying the jpeg on the fly.

JPEG can carry a lot of information, from personal details to gps coordinates, so Icmag host "sanitizes" such (EXIF) and other metadata, wiping this flag along the way, causing this.

To prevent this (or camera-software misinterpretation) from happening, after you got it looking like it should, you need to actually change the data in your image file; let's say is Preview:

1.- Make sure you use File > Export, not Save, to force the rotation.
2.- Uncheck Rotate without modifying contents:

attachment.php

And voilá:

attachment.php

:tiphat:

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 50
  • SScreen Shot 2018-07-28 at 15.59.01.jpg
    SScreen Shot 2018-07-28 at 15.59.01.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 52

Neiko

Thank you for that! I did use a GPS enabled Android phone in the vertical position. I see your guides in your signature, I'll take some time and read through them. Thanks again bud!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks repuk for the smoke report and positive feedback on your Thai Chi :)
I also enjoy a lot with the way Kali China' complex terpene profile boosts the Thai in this regard, while the Thai adds a new sativa dimension to the hybrid, especially in the effect. Thai Chi is without any doubt one of my favorite latest hybrid we have released at ACE.
If everything goes well we will have more Thai Chi stock for next year, i want to include her permanently in our future catalogs.

Kali China works well when outcrossed with other indicas, but my preference are sativa x Kali China hybrids.
If you want to try something similar to Thai Chi (and currently available) then i would highly recommend you Haze x Kali China, it's a great one too! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice Neiko :)

Please keep us updated with the progresses of your beautiful sativa!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Phrenos,

Your Thai Chi has legs! :D She is probably already rootbunded so if you don't plant to transplant her then try to feed her frequently so she can keep her green healthy color during upcoming late growth and flowering stage.

Hope you are having a great summer time! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excited to see your beautiful Thai Chi, Neiko :) What a joy!

Great blend of traits, with those skinny Thai main leaves but with a fast and tamed sativa/indica hybrid growth and flowering development.

It's obviously the Thai Chi black pheno we describe in the description of the strain, the Thai Chiang Mai mother belongs to the classic green SE asian sativa phenotype, this means it stays completely green even with very cold temps in late flowering, but the Purple Kali China 21- 4 parental plant (the one i've been using for our latest Kali China hybrids) can add fantastic colors to her hybrids, and that's the case.
I love tropical sativa x Kali China hybrids!

Btw, thank you very much for sharing your latest Bubba Hash terpene analysis with us! :huggg:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Neiko: Really different looking pheno from mine, looking lovely!

You can use a different approach for the jpegs, you could get this program and just execute it from the CLI on same folder containing the jpegs: it will fix them all in one fell swoop.

dugzy

All the pictures here are mouth watering, you all grow some beautys and the smoke is sounding so good.

To me good Thais are like rocket fuel, takes you far away and leaves you in a clear expanding orbit when you do come down sleep comes easily.

I like seeing these Asian types are popular with people still, gutted they have sold out though.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Couldn't resist posting Neiko's beauties:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Wow Neiko!… look dangerous! :tiphat:

I cannot agree more with Dubi, love tropical saliva x Kali China hybrids, it's always a terpene delicatessen!

Latest Kali China spliff tasted like some wicked home-made roasted foie gras with herbal spicy/floral notes, a blast…

Thai-chi adds another dimension/sophistication, more gingery-soapy/perfumy with a chameleonic twist… on effects too.

Coinousseur in the sense of unique and worth experiencing. You'll find yourself repeating and repeating.

Mine is short of two spliffs of being gone… when it's now when I should have started going through her… :shucks:

It's me, or those SE Asian genes have a rather unique green "olive camouflage" color?

Attachments

• user448551_pic1878877_1535292177.jpg
    user448551_pic1878877_1535292177.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 100
  • user448551_pic1878878_1535292177.jpg
    user448551_pic1878878_1535292177.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 102
  • user448551_pic1878876_1535292177.jpg
    user448551_pic1878876_1535292177.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 97

Neiko

Thanks for that Repuk! I can't wait to try her. I will be cobbing some for sure. She looks done now and I will be chopping her tomorrow. I'll take some harvest pics. I did keep a clone of her so I will be running this again.

dugzy

Very jealous over here fellas thanks for posting, i look forward to more pictures as and when.

I really do hope this one comes back around.

rolandomota

Get some golden thaiger theirs also a new version of it with a different Thai mom the one used in this Cross

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I cannot agree more with Dubi, love tropical saliva x Kali China hybrids, it's always a terpene delicatessen!

Latest Kali China spliff tasted like some wicked home-made roasted foie gras with herbal spicy/floral notes, a blast…

Thai-chi adds another dimension/sophistication, more gingery-soapy/perfumy with a chameleonic twist… on effects too.

Coinousseur in the sense of unique and worth experiencing. You'll find yourself repeating and repeating.

Mine is short of two spliffs of being gone… when it's now when I should have started going through her… :shucks:

It's me, or thone SE Asian genes have a rather unique green "olive camouflage" color?

Glad you managed to experience the roasted meat taste and aroma in your well cured Kali China :D Kali China hits almost every terpene 'button' one could imagine, from sweet (and sour), to earthy/hashy, fruity, floral, incensey, meaty .... because of that and due to the quality of her effect, she is probably my favorite indica to cross with sativas, she immensely enhances the more raw terpene profiles of the pure sativa landraces.

Latest posts

Latest posts