What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

goingrey

Howdy all. New grower here (indoor, organic soil).
For my first grow I've chosen Thai Chi.
I also have Panama, Kali China and Orient Express.
I'm looking for kind Sativa effects.
I plan to run two plants in a 4X2 tent.
Which of the Pan KC or OE would pair well with the Thai Chi?
All advice is much appreciated.
Peace.

Panama will have similar flowering time and growth characteristics I would think.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Scenescence thanks for supporting our work and for choosing ACE genetics for your first grow, really touching.

Thai Chi has very refined, clear, kind, meditative sativa effects, it's like a more sativied version of Kali China.
Orient Express also has kind sativa effects and would grow well beside Thai Chi, if you want something more potent and mind-challenging then choose Panama.

Scenescence

Thanks to you both! I'm very excited to get going. I should be up and running by July. I'll report back then.
I've read through a ton of the threads here, no small feat, and I am so impressed with your work Dubi and what a great community you've made here. I'll need a lot of advice I'm sure. It's comforting to know that I can get answers here.

StrongTree

1st week bloom
IMG_0591.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pleasure to see you growing another Thai Chi from seed @StrongTree friend ! ;)

Happy also to announce that Thai Chi is finally back in stock 🥳

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yeah i think so @StrongTree She has a more sativa, thin and disperse branching, but the leaf traits, color of the plant and early-fast flowering onset come from Kali China influence. The flowering traits seems balanced sativa/indica at this point, we will see how she evolves.

I plan to harvest her soon, but would be interested what you think about it?
Very nice and pleasant overall and unlike anything i've grown before.
Just a little feedback after harvest (103d) and some months of curing.
Thai Chi is still my go-to sativa for sport & solo activities. Good for the flow. Not so well suited for social activities. She's as you wrote meditative, but at the same time gets me up and going.

Superb herb!

Planning to run your Thai Standard real soon and in the meantime i have 5 Panama standard in the cupboard.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @wuluz looks and sounds like a Thai dominant pheno! We will see how she evolves during flowering (y)

Greencedar

25 days from germination. 5/5 germinated perfectly. They were labeled in the order that they broke soil. Looking good and growing with vigour!

Grown in a coots type living soil mix. 26 degC and 60% humidity in the tent.

There's a little bit of leaf variegation on #2 that I've seen on some Kali China plants in the past.

Attachments

• IMG_8540.jpg
    IMG_8540.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8539.jpg
    IMG_8539.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful pictures @wuluz :) Can clearly see influence from both: The growth and open flower structure of the Thai and colors and fast ripening of Kali China. Did the aromas change now that she is closer to her finish ?

Thanks @Xr5K ! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts