What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pangi and friends

Koondense

Veteran
Hello,
time for a new adventure with Ace seeds, I'll be growing a very interesting cross of Panama x Bangi Haze along with few other plants.
This one was a gift from Dubi, it's a cross of two most appealing varieties for my current ganja liking. Both are pretty fast sativas with good resistence and production of resin with potentially very complex mix of terpenes, not too high thc I imagine and very clear effects.
Should be a good indoor sativa with hopefully good production.
Along with it(I like to call her Pangi) there will be two more feminized plants, one is S@nniez Kolossus, the other from Tropical Seeds - Durbakistan which is a cross of Durban Poison and PCK.

This journal will be focused on Pangi of course, so here's the first pic:
picture.php

There will also be few other plants from regular seeds and one fem autoflower which seems to have trouble from day one. I think the seed was too old and weak(Female Seeds Auto Kush, freebee) so there are two other backup AF seeds coming out, the cross is Durban Poison AF x Thai Pasion AF.
There are two C99-BX1 from which I hope to get a male and female, hopefully to make just a bit of seeds.

Setup will be probably same as previous run, so 120x60 tent with 300W leds(dimmed to ??) and 18L pots for Pangi and Kolossus, 11L for Durbakistan and 1,5L for the others(AFs share one 1,5L pot).
Biobizz light mix with buffer tabs and mycorhizza, some minor veg nutes and Bac bloom with Biobizz bloom. I think this will be more than enough.

I expect some lst and topping to spread the canopies, hopefully all will be under control with stretch, we'll see.

Thanks Dubi for the PxBH test seeds, I hope they will like it here:)

Cheers :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Koondense, Looking forward to watching this grow over the winter. I have some similar genetics I will be running this spring. Very excited to see these plants mature. I wish you the best! They are in good hands. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome ;)

The cross it's Panama Goddess F10 x Bangi Haze F29 (reversed). Other growers are testing it this season and so far they are very happy with it.

Did you pop only one seed or more ? Best wishes!

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Dubi,
I popped two Pangis but one didn't sprout. Was trying a new approach which sadly killed two seeds, Pangi#1 and Kolossus#1, so these now are both #2s, germed with care and showing good vigour.
Pangi's leaves look pretty strong and dark, I already like this plant:)
I have in plan to pop anther Pangi for my attempt at perpetual growing, anyway I'll have a few more in the next rounds.

Koondense

Veteran
Almost forgot..
The Durbakistan is up and looking very healthy, also one Durban Thai AF and one C99BX1 which has some issues but will probably recover. The other one is still underground, should be up by now but these are not fresh seeds, so I have to wait.
The Kush AF hit trouble with her first root, the growth stopped so I took it out of the soil, cut the browning root tip and put it back in with some more water. Now it seems to be alive but it's an AF so this kind of shock could be too much to expect more than a dwarf plant. Mycos might help, however I have 4 more Durban Thai seeds soaking, just in case:)

Cheers

Holeshot

Very nice line up there Koon.... I'll have to hit Dubi up for that Panama X Bangi also.!!Would be a great cross. Good luck with your season ahead.��

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks Holeshot,
Yeah this panama bangi cross was something i remember fantasizing about since my first look at the Ace catalog, bangi and panama are both so interesting, sadly at the time there were only reg bangis and panamas were a bit too long for outdoor here.
The combo should be top stuff, if grown well.
I'll do my best and try to make them as comfortable as i can.

Cheers

Holeshot

I have my eyes on her, anything with Panama in it will be good. Just had a few myself , been sitting there for about 3 months. Very good , bit heavier after a bit of a cure. But still very happy weed. Should be called depression buster.Im going to grab the Panama - Malawi crosses , Panama X Bangi and Panama "Godess " X Hondurus next order.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Koondense, Can you throw out an update? I hope all is going well. Peace

Koondense

Veteran
Sure my friend,
all three main plants are doing great, Pangi is already emanating a nice sweet-ish smell in early veg and has fairly wide leaves. Now they're just pushing the 7 fingered leafset, all pretty vigorous with a stable structure.
So far nothing special except Pangi's smell which came as a surprise at this stage.

The Kolossus grows stockier, Pangi is taller by few cm with a more open structure which I like.
The Durbakistan seems to be more Durban leaning with pretty thin leaves and very vigorous growth, I'll have to keep her low as I suspect she will stretch quite a bit more than the other two.
More pics will come in a few days, probably around transplant time.

Here's a pic from yesterday

picture.php

Top left - Durbakistan; bottom left - Kolossus; bottom center - Pangi; bottom right - Durban Poison AF x Thai Passion AF. In the corner(small pots) - more DPxTPs and one C99 BX-1 in the corner
AF Kush didn't make it in the end.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Last september update
Today is a special day, a human made object called Rosetta crashed on a comet, the second object in a year. Super exciting times, so I decided to name one of my plants after the Rosetta mission. The Pangi already has a name, so it's gonna be Durbakistan:)

Here's the Rosetta, growing fast and already outgrew the Kolossus(which keeps the original name, abbr. Kolos)
picture.php

And the wide leaf Pangi, smelling gorgeous
picture.php

In the back of Pangi there are Rosetta, DurbanThai AF and Kolos.

The girls are growing fast and healthy, I think transplant will be at the beginning of next week.

There are also 4 more DPxTPs of which one male is already showing some cohones. Still undecided if keep him or not, will probably be pulled in few days.

Happy weekend to everybody!
Cheers

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Koondense, Plants look great. I moved two males outside about 100yds away from the building my grow room is in. I ended up with two plants being pollinated anyway. Two that I know of so far. I've been really busy this week. I haven't checked every bud on all plants. I wanted to watch the males grow out. I knew better??? I should have culled them right away. I waited to long and don't know who the daddy is for either of them. Peace

Koondense

Veteran
Plants got transplanted in final pots.
As planned they got into BioBizz light mix amended with S@nnie's Symbiosys, Bacto and BufferTabs, along with a small amount of high K organic dung pellets I use for my garden.
So far the lights will be 150W(one row of 3x cobs, each 50W).

picture.php

Pangi is on the right, pretty wide leaves but will probably show more nld character soon.
Kolossus is left and Rosetta(Durbakistan) is in the middle, the most vigorous grower but not so much branching. I think I'll top her first and let the Pangi + Kolossus grow some more before topping them.
The small ones are AFs, the smallest on left is C99 BX1, hoping for a male;)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
A picture of fresh growth on Pangi.
She's got gorgeous leaves with a nice beefy structure, the smell is getting intense already and didn't even show her sex yet.
Vigour is almost on par with Rosetta but Pangi has a bit more stocky stature for now.

Pangi
picture.php

Bonus:

Rosetta
picture.php

Cheers

S

scai

More than often, big fast plants are males.Do they need to mature and push pollen out before ladies? So that everything is ready for pollination?
Banghi is big and robust, that's why I like her.
Made some Satori x Banghi crosses, I should sprout them and sort the best out.

Nice grow mate

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Scai,
I'm sure these will all be ladies, at least i hope so, because all are labeled as fems.
I know about males, so far my experience is similar to what you say, also with AF seeds of which i have three left and two showed their lady parts.
Must say i was tempted with popping a couple of your satori x bangi but decided c99 instead, to have more difference in the eventual cross.
Still no sex showing on c99, a smal plant in a mini pot seems a bit stunted.

Very soon I'll add another row of leds for a final 300w and get a veg tent for the newcomers. Exciting times ahead:)

S

scai

Sure they are ladies, if you ordered them as fem.It's my bad, didn't read carefully.
Waiting to see further results ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts