What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

pug1010

Thanks timmur ... for the information and the offer. :) who knows what will happen in the cmh arena ... maybe cycloptics will sort a canadian retailer.:) i have no idea why tent makers don't make a taller tent ... besides gorilla tent that is ... and that seems more like an after thought.

I'm looking forward to all the details. I still have time befoe going in any one direction, so am kicking back and watching as things unfold.

N

not real geroi

i think that thread might be somewhere else, for example in advanced growing technics yet...no offense, just idea - its advanced and have already 17 pages , no flowers yet...good luck and thank you for so much info

timmur

i think that thread might be somewhere else, for example in advanced growing technics yet...no offense, just idea - its advanced and have already 17 pages , no flowers yet...good luck and thank you for so much info

Good point. I never expected the lead up to the grow to be so long and boring! Please stick around for the real show. :tiphat:

d3adh3ad0g

timmy you are IQ 3000. Disecting the great mysteries of Ra Himself. I will follow your great disection and effort to master even Ra and understand to be as Him. This to me is watching a Viking storming Olympus eating Doom. m . My opinion I Express is don't be discouraged by any mere person from your path.
Thank you.

ps if you lived 500 years ago mere people would burn you at the stake for the great thnkng power in your mind. praise Pedro.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My brother you are being eaten by a carrot. Perfection is a mirage that will drw you deep into the desert only to turn on you at the end. You have knowledge more then a great alchemists could dreeam. I would say to you if you where my dearest brothwer to sleep on your dream under the stars for 3 nights and hunt for a feathwer from Ra who provides.
Then eat the carrot.

If he doesn't like carrots can timmur substitute another vegetable or side?

timmur

So the controller is connected to the network! It took awhile to get it connected, but I can now connect remotely and see everything! I tried the relays last night and couldn't get them to work, so need to trouble shoot them today. I still expect to get the lights going and relay control to all of the other devices (dehumidifier, humidifiers, O2 Grow, fans, scrubber, and supplemental lights) done today. It finally feels like real progress! Who knows, in another week or so I might finally be operational! Still tons of testing, light burn in, environmental testing, etc..., but there's light at the end of the tunnel! I'll post up pics once I get some this testing out of the way.

Ez Rider

Veteran
So the controller is connected to the network! It took awhile to get it connected, but I can now connect remotely and see everything! I tried the relays last night and couldn't get them to work, so need to trouble shoot them today. I still expect to get the lights going and relay control to all of the other devices (dehumidifier, humidifiers, O2 Grow, fans, scrubber, and supplemental lights) done today. It finally feels like real progress! Who knows, in another week or so I might finally be operational! Still tons of testing, light burn in, environmental testing, etc..., but there's light at the end of the tunnel! I'll post up pics once I get some this testing out of the way.

Badass! I can't wait to see your Apogee measurements vs the model. Are you putting orca on the ceiling and floor too? Remember to add 6% to your apogee readings to compensate for the cmh's spectrum. It's in the apogee instructions. Did you ever get the leveling plate? I have to say, mounting it to the tripod was simple, and has worked much better for me than the plate did by itself. You running 930's or 942's?

timmur

Badass! I can't wait to see your Apogee measurements vs the model. Are you putting orca on the ceiling and floor too? Remember to add 6% to your apogee readings to compensate for the cmh's spectrum. It's in the apogee instructions. Did you ever get the leveling plate? I have to say, mounting it to the tripod was simple, and has worked much better for me than the plate did by itself. You running 930's or 942's?

Well the relays are still not working. :frown:

The good news is that the lights did fire up manually. Gonna have to troubleshoot with Agrowtek tomorrow.

Change of plans regarding Orca. Based on new information in this thread, I'm going to use Lumacept paint. It is diffuse reflective and it reflects UV something that Orca doesn't do. As I mentioned way back at the start of this thread, I'm using supplemental UV lights and having the walls UV reflective is a plus. I'll paint the walls and ceiling. The floors aren't going to get done. It won't make much difference as most of the floor is going to be covered.

It seems I'm still a ways away from being able to provide feedback regarding my model from Cycloptics and the actual measured results. I will post ASAP. I'm running the 942s.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
How dare you talk smack about roasted carrots! Really, steaming is better? Sir, I cannot abide that, lol! :biggrin:

Well I have been posting for over three years longer than you here on IC. So I think that I know a little more than you about carrots.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got me there!

Steaming veggies (in this case carrots) CAN be better, if you are referring to health benefits, BUT, over-steaming is just as bad.

Now, roasted carrots (among other veggies) taste delicious, though they may lack nutrients

Can compare to juicing. The problem with the Ninja type is the high speed blades create too much heat, which kills a lot of the nutrient value

Slow speed extraction as by Omega juicers is the way to go for juicing

iBogart

Veteran
I tried juicing for awhile, but it almost always lead me into a sugar coma. Like seriously knock me out for like twenty minutes. I eat fruits and veggies raw now.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Steaming veggies (in this case carrots) CAN be better, if you are referring to health benefits, BUT, over-steaming is just as bad.

Now, roasted carrots (among other veggies) taste delicious, though they may lack nutrients

Can compare to juicing. The problem with the Ninja type is the high speed blades create too much heat, which kills a lot of the nutrient value

Slow speed extraction as by Omega juicers is the way to go for juicing

Wrong, wrong wrong. You are just trolling I think. Properly steam veggies are the cats ass.

Sorry you had to be called out for this. Dont want the new growers wasting carrots.

Latest posts

Latest posts