What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

gorilla ganja

200 posts and no seeds started yet, but somehow I can not look away.
With this set up I'm excited to see the results.

Peace GG

timmur

Id go with the 942s if you want shorter plants, its more blue spectrum so less stretch more internodes. Might yield a little more with the 930s but then if height is an issue that yield might not be as well if your plants get too tall to manage.
Speaking of managing height, was wondering what your grow plan was, was u finna net and scrog or do tomatoe cages or something else? Cant wait to see this grow take off...

That pretty much sums up why I went with the 942s. My hope is that all of the awesome Ace sativas will be more manageable in terms of height.

I have cages and plan to mainline (manifold).

Yeah I can't wait either. Every week that goes by without seeds being popped is a huge let down. :frown:

timmur

200 posts and no seeds started yet, but somehow I can not look away.
With this set up I'm excited to see the results.

Peace GG

Yeah about that. I guess I jumped the gun on starting this log, lol. I really thought the room would be up and running by now. To everyone who tuned in for the grow thanks for your patience! There will be a grow show featuring one of Ace's finest! :biggrin:

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy! The guy that kills it with 3 GBs! Thanks for stopping by! :biggrin:

Were you using the 930s or 942s? I can't remember if you mentioned it.

I had a 930 sandwiched between 2 942's. Doing a single 942 in a 4x4 now. Might swap for a 930 for flower.

pug1010

No worries Timmur

After the effort and resources you've put in … best to do it all properly and be happy with it … It will be worth it … for you and us voyeurs. :)

d3adh3ad0g

This is very excited. Malawi is a powerful in all ways. Grows very nice with little care. Mine is over 4 feet tall and still stretching. You are a mad man!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
perhaps if u run with the 942s then at about week 3-4 of flower or whenever stretch is done switch to the 930s, might increase yields for u while keeping height down at the same time...

timmur

perhaps if u run with the 942s then at about week 3-4 of flower or whenever stretch is done switch to the 930s, might increase yields for u while keeping height down at the same time...

Good point. I was actually considering doing that. Do the 930s have a little more red spectrum?

timmur

Supercool setup! Respect!!

Thanks for stopping by!

The contractor is back today for hopefully one last push to get everything wired up and ready for testing.

I'm still waiting for the DO probe from Agrowtek. In the meantime I picked up a hand held DO meter so that I'll be ready to figure out the DO situation in the Under Current.

picture.php

View image in gallery

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lower the over all room PPF.

True, to a point. It seems this set up might be a good bit of overkill

When spending this kind of money, seems like knowing what PPFD it will provide is important

PPFD = umoles/m^=

"PPFD, is a quantifiable measure of the total number of photons in the photosynthetically active range of wavelengths that fall on a square meter of a given surface (say, a plant canopy) every second."

timmur

True, to a point. It seems this set up might be a good bit of overkill

When spending this kind of money, seems like knowing what PPFD it will provide is important

PPFD = umoles/m^=

"PPFD, is a quantifiable measure of the total number of photons in the photosynthetically active range of wavelengths that fall on a square meter of a given surface (say, a plant canopy) every second."

Yes, it is overkill by design. :biggrin:

The model below is for my room with the following dimensions: 8'2" x 10' x 7'10" (L x W x H).

picture.php

View image in gallery

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts